ATTENDANCE FIGURES

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

johns
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by johns »

The attenence numbers they give out are Tickets Sold, so it is total of saeson ticets plus sales.
Rizzo

Post by Rizzo »

I thought the terrace felt as packed as usual to me - but then I was being squashed against the barrier. I thought the announcer said 16,087 - which would mean around 1900 or so not attending - looking at the seats I could see unoccupied that would be about right I think.

As far as I know, they count the ticket stubs through the turnstiles, they don't automatically count ST holders as attending if they don't.
Don't waste your time away thinking about yesterday's blues
Demelza - another Mother
ChrisNottm

Post by ChrisNottm »

Thought the capacity was 16815 which would mean only 700 didnt attend. From talking with people there it seems that there were more than 700 missing - couldnt be anything to do with not wanting to demean a Mickey Mouse competition even further could it.

One moment we are talking about player burn out then on the other hand having a cup competition in the list when the only incentive to take part is a Heineken space for winning 5 games as opposed to missing out over 22 in the Premiership!!!
SPIKE@srufc
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by SPIKE@srufc »

The maximum attendance is (I believe) 18615.
Was in the Next stand and only saw 5 empty seats. Thought the crumbie looked as busy as always and the shop was elbow room only......
SPIKE

It's not the winning or losing but the taking apart which matters.
SPIKE@srufc
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by SPIKE@srufc »

Morning Jon,

Yep, apologies, fingers in a muddle.

Had a good day Saturday, if a very late return to deepest norfolk (about 11:15PM) but there. The mini spikes enjoyed the game and the chance to have a run round the pitch before kick off.

(Personally the sooner the department of transport dual the A47 all the way to Norwich the happier I'll be - either than or ban caravans on match days!)
SPIKE

It's not the winning or losing but the taking apart which matters.
redtiger
Super User
Super User

Post by redtiger »

its 16 815 yeah and they quote that even when there's loads of spare seats so it well goes on tickets sold. there always seems to be quite a few people who don't turn up though
Forgot the resty - vesty is the besty!
bazzwick
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by bazzwick »

Rizzo wrote:
As far as I know, they count the ticket stubs through the turnstiles, they don't automatically count ST holders as attending if they don't.
Wrong I'm afraid - For tax reasons, the attendance will always be on 'tickets sold' and not 'number in attendance'.
ChrisNottm

Post by ChrisNottm »

Going back to my earlier post about PR and Spin wasnt it ironic that teletext last night had a statement from those on high trumpeting attendance figures as being 40% up on last years average!!!!
Rizzo

Post by Rizzo »

well I don't know; on the one hand you have people saying the kick off time isn't convenient and since it's a Mickey Mouse competion it's a waste of time etc etc; on the other hand you have observations that there was a good turn out. Since I have no insider knowledge about tax, the club's situation or how they do this, I can't say - but from where I stood, the terrace was pretty full as always, and the usual faces around where we usually stand.

Personally, I don't consider it a Mickey Mouse thing at all, a win in any competition against opposition who put up a good fight is always a good thing, a confidence boost and a bonus too. Plus you get to see good rugby and our team win :)
Don't waste your time away thinking about yesterday's blues
Demelza - another Mother
Former Prop
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Former Prop »

My opinion -

It was a bad kick off time.
It is (sort of) a Mickey Mouse competition. (But I see what you are saying Rizzo - a win is a win) :D

The good turn out was probably because the cost was included in the season tickets, therefore, if you've paid for it , you want to go to it. I probably wouldn't have bothered going if it wasn't in my ST and it was on tele.
stevetelcom2000
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by stevetelcom2000 »

Former Prop wrote:My opinion -

It was a bad kick off time.
It is (sort of) a Mickey Mouse competition. (But I see what you are saying Rizzo - a win is a win) :D

The good turn out was probably because the cost was included in the season tickets, therefore, if you've paid for it , you want to go to it. I probably wouldn't have bothered going if it wasn't in my ST and it was on tele.
MickeyMouse :lol: As it could be your only opportunity of a trophy & it offers a place in the ERC. These Mickey Mouse statements could come back to haunt you at the end of the season :wink:
Former Prop
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Former Prop »

We've done without a trophy for the last 4 years and ALWAYS qualify for Europe.