Johnno on East Midlands Today tonight

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Rizzo

Johnno on East Midlands Today tonight

Post by Rizzo »

There was a short piece with Johnno, Matt Cornwell and Brett Deacon - they were at a racetrack racing various cars (see www.matthampson.co.uk for details)

Johnno was asked the usual question about when he intends to return to rugby. He said quite clearly that he was enjoying his life at the moment away from rugby, being with his family and had no plans to return to Leicester or anywhere else in the rugby world for the time being. he said that he would have to want to coach if it did come to that option, but at present he wasn't even considering it.
Don't waste your time away thinking about yesterday's blues
Demelza - another Mother
POSTIGER
Super User
Super User

Post by POSTIGER »

Well he keeps saying the same thing over and over again but no-one believes him! The guy was a legend and I would love to see him back at Tigers because I think he would be brilliant but perhaps Johnno should be left to enjoy his well-deserved retirement.

P.s Hope everyone is well and had a good summer. I've not been on here that much because I'm sulking! I've gone back to Uni to do a PGCE and I've had to give up my season ticket :cry: I'm very jealous of all those who do have one!
hel
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by hel »

very carefully?!
Rizzo

Post by Rizzo »

He did look a bit squashed :lol: I had to laugh at Brett Deacon sitting alongside Matt Cornwell - chewing his lip rather nervously - presumably at Matt C's driving skills!

btw welcome back Postiger - hope we'll see you on here more often.
Demelza - another Mother
Tiger Eye
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Tiger Eye »

POSTIGER wrote:Well he keeps saying the same thing over and over again but no-one believes him! The guy was a legend and I would love to see him back at Tigers because I think he would be brilliant but perhaps Johnno should be left to enjoy his well-deserved retirement.

P.s Hope everyone is well and had a good summer. I've not been on here that much because I'm sulking! I've gone back to Uni to do a PGCE and I've had to give up my season ticket :cry: I'm very jealous of all those who do have one!
He's been asked the same question over and over again!

Johnno ain't coming back, end of :cry:
Leinster Heineken Cup champions 2009
Ireland Grand Slam champions 2009

http://sites.google.com/site/ritamarielawlor/
Tiger Eye
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Johnno on East Midlands Today tonight

Post by Tiger Eye »

Rizzo wrote:There was a short piece with Johnno, Matt Cornwell and Brett Deacon - they were at a racetrack racing various cars (see www.matthampson.co.uk for details)

Johnno was asked the usual question about when he intends to return to rugby. He said quite clearly that he was enjoying his life at the moment away from rugby, being with his family and had no plans to return to Leicester or anywhere else in the rugby world for the time being. he said that he would have to want to coach if it did come to that option, but at present he wasn't even considering it.
I can't find it :?
Great site though!
Leinster Heineken Cup champions 2009
Ireland Grand Slam champions 2009

http://sites.google.com/site/ritamarielawlor/
Rizzo

Post by Rizzo »

I believe East Midlands today said it was something that was being proposed for next year sometime, where you could bid for a chance to take part in some kind of racing/car event and funds raised would go to Matt Hampson Trust. I don't think it's anything imminent yet :)

You could always go and look round the Tigers and rugby memorabilia (much of it signed) that is available to buy to benefit Matt's fund. The Matt Hampson Trust polo shirts are well worth £20, believe me. You could also consider Christmas presents from the site for the rugby lovers in your life - signed photos and so on. Go and have a look!
Demelza - another Mother