Team for Saturday

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

mightymouse
Super User
Super User

Team for Saturday

Post by mightymouse »

The BBC seem to have got access to our team for saturday prior to this site which seems odd - here it is

Leicester: J Murphy; Tuilagi, Hipkiss, Smith, Lloyd; Burke, Bemand; Ayerza, Buckland, Castrogiovanni, Cullen, Hamilton, Moody, Jennings, Crane.
Replacements: tbc.

Forwards look good -

Outside backs look solid enough

Considering all the injuries and international commitments I suppose it looks all in all not to bad
simon redshaw
Super User
Super User

Post by simon redshaw »

Why have Tom and Julian been left out?

Is it because of Harry's fitness that he has been left out?

And before anyone on here says that Scott is the better scrum-half, well the England selectors don't think so. As I said on the Scott Bemand forum IMO, Harry should when fully fit be the Number 1 Scrum-Half for Tigers.
Former Prop
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Former Prop »

Double threading again, Chaps. :roll: :roll: :roll:
mike
Gold Member
Gold Member

Team for saturday

Post by mike »

With regard to Harry I think he has a hamstring problem .I tend to agree that when fit he should be No 1 scrum half. Yes , the forwards do look ok but I would prefer Deacon or Kay instead of Cullen who didn't impress last week . I think the backs are a better combination than those who started the last 2 games , partiularly defensively and hope that Johny Murphy does well in his proper position . The only change to the backs would be humphreys at Fly Half - an opportunity missed I think ! The forwards bench should be ok with Chuter , White , Kay etc .
mightymouse
Super User
Super User

Post by mightymouse »

I think Ellis is injured but I would prefer Bemand currently but I won't start that one again - White Chuter Kay et al one assumes have been training with Robinsons bunch down the road so give the boys a chance who have been at Tigers all week -

I am relishing the prospect of Marcos and Castro packing down together - they both look good in tight and loose - Cabbage is always entertaining and rarely lets us down and maybe Hickie will get a chance on the bench and give george a well deserved rest.

I like Cullen - his line out steals are very valuable and he is competitive in the loose

Young Murphy looks the business and good to see |Leon on the wing and no temtation to put him in the centre

same old story at 10 and 12 unfortunately but we know all about that already