Team for Saturday

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

simon redshaw
Super User
Super User

Post by simon redshaw »

Why no Sam Vesty? Is Tom Varndell going to be a part-time player this season?

I think Pat has missed an opportunity by not giving Ian Humpreys a run out. Paul Burke could have been on the bench if Andy was not available.

I wouldn't be surprised if Ian Humpreys didn't leave us before the end of the season as he is getting no 1st team experience even when he might and is being shabbily treated by Pat and Cockers.
Tigerbob
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Tigerbob »

simon redshaw wrote:Why no Sam Vesty? Is Tom Varndell going to be a part-time player this season?

I think Pat has missed an opportunity by not giving Ian Humpreys a run out. Paul Burke could have been on the bench if Andy was not available.

I wouldn't be surprised if Ian Humpreys didn't leave us before the end of the season as he is getting no 1st team experience even when he might and is being shabbily treated by Pat and Cockers.
I quite agree, it is high time Ian Humphreys was given another go at the first team, after Paul Burke's display last week, I can only think his inclusion this weekend would be an improvement on last week. Have Burke on the bench as a replacement by all means, but to me his kicking needs to vastly improve before starting again. His kicking out of hand was shockingly poor, and his place kicking was atrocious. His last minute drop goal attempt against Gloucester beggared belief! :shock:

Come on Pat give the man a chance! :roll:
sammy
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by sammy »

Totally agree, give Ian a chance. Plus a blind monkey would be preferable to the talents of Mr Burke.

Glad to see John Murphy get another start.
westwinds31
Super User
Super User

Post by westwinds31 »

I say bring the blind monkey in ! :wink:
Rizzo

Post by Rizzo »

I think that's rather harsh on Burke - or is he now the new scapegoat instead of Goodey?

Humphreys is on the bench anyway.
Don't waste your time away thinking about yesterday's blues
Demelza - another Mother
Gate
Super User
Super User

Post by Gate »

Well, I think that's a really interesting line-up, and I'm looking forward to seeing how they do. If they win well, I'll be all smug and "told you so". And if they lose, I'll be down the pub. In fact, I'll be down the pub if they win as well.
G.K
Super User
Super User

Post by G.K »

Don't understand this selection at all, I just don't understand most of the logic of who is in and who is out. It does not seem to be connected to form and there just seems to be a lot of random rotation and hope it all works out on the day. Is PH treating these EDF matches like development matches then?
simon redshaw
Super User
Super User

Post by simon redshaw »

A pretty good replacements line-up.

However, why is Gibbo able to be on the bench on Saturday and yet although available was not put on the bench against Gloucester!! :roll: :roll:

I thought he was injured anyway!!

I cannot understand what Pat is doing!!
g
Super User
Super User

Post by g »

One marble short of a full set if you ask me. :roll:
dailywaffle
Super User
Super User

Post by dailywaffle »

simon redshaw wrote:However, why is Gibbo able to be on the bench on Saturday and yet although available was not put on the bench against Gloucester!! :roll: :roll:
Different 'foreigner' rules apply in the EDF, as compared to the GP.
smith482
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by smith482 »

would like to see Humphreys start but we've all been here before questionning Pat's sanity and been made to eat humble pie let's hope that's the case here - in fairness Pat works with these guys on a daily basis. :? :?
simon redshaw
Super User
Super User

Post by simon redshaw »

Dailywaffle - Yes but both were in the 22 when we played Bath as Gibbo came on for Marcos Ayerza for a while. So that confounds the argument against Gibbo and Ayerza being in the same squad for the GP matches.

The only reason as I see it is that Pat does not want to bring off someone else in the GP matches as well as Marcos Ayerza to allow Daryl Gibson to come on.

Smith482 - Fair point about Pat working working with the guys on a daily basis etc, but the issue with many is that they do not see Paul Burke as being of the standard we need to challenge Andy. If somebody like Ian Humpreys is playing well for the Development and is playing with confidence, why not pitch him into a game like this for a half at least and give him some confidence in the big games? What gets some people's backs up s that Burke is put in again after 1 and a bit mediocre games but Ian is ignored time after time.

So I am in agreement with you about Humpreys!!
Pellsey
Super User
Super User

Post by Pellsey »

As Rizzo said on the other thread, this is not (as of yet) the official version as it is not on the Tigers website (yet). So I'm taking it with a pinch of salt.

However, I really would like to see Burke on the Bench with Humphreys starting.
simon redshaw
Super User
Super User

Post by simon redshaw »

Actually the full team is on the Tigers website!

I am still mystified we get team information or duff information as apparently it is before we get an announcement on here.

I am not pointing the finger at anyone in the Communications Dept!!

Agree, that Humpreys should be starting and Burke on the bench.
simon redshaw
Super User
Super User

Post by simon redshaw »

Not sure why there is a different rule for the EDF as opposed to the GP. You would have thought there would be consistency across the board!!

You folks are still missing the issue that Gibbo and Ayerza were in the same squad against Bath so there was no reason apart from convenience why they shouldn't have been in the same squad against Gloucester.

No idea why Bruce Reihana and Carlos Spencer play in the same side!! Maybe one of them is qualified under the Kolpack. If not then Saints are flouting the GP regulations and I am surprised no-one has picked it up if that was the case.

Anyway, Bruce Reihana won't be playing until January now!!