Ian Humpreys

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

k1
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by k1 »

Pellsey wrote:
k1 wrote:He's a good goal-kicker, good poditional kicker, good runner, good passer and good in defence. Neither Goode nor Burke can testify to being all those things.
Maybe k1, but Goode is a better goal-kicker, a better positional kicker, a better passer and better in defence. Goode is not, at the moment, a good runner, but everybody has some weaknesses and IMHO that is not a complete requirement for that position assuming there is a good number 12 outside him to create the play.
Sorry Pellsey, but I wholeheartedly disagree. I don't think Goode is any better than Humphries in any department (except for having more experience and maybe staying calmer under pressure). I agree that having a solid 12 outside means you don't necessarily have to be a good runner but given the relatively few number of games Gibson (our only decent 12) plays at the moment I think we need a more complete fly half. IMO Humphries should be starting
dailywaffle
Super User
Super User

Post by dailywaffle »

Well, I'd say kicking was pretty even, both in accuracy and distance.

Based on last year Goode's defence is better, although Humphreys ( :wink: ) looks like he has worked on that.

Humphreys is clearly the better runner; both can pass well.

Humphreys confidence seemed fragile last year, but Goode's is suspect under pressure.

Humphreys has the greater potential, as I have posted before Goode would probably benefit from a different environment.

Not much in it, but Humphreys has (IMO) earned a few 30-40 minute appearances for the 1st team. Loaning him to Leeds would so obviously be a mistake that I still can't quite believe it.
Pellsey
Super User
Super User

Post by Pellsey »

okay k1, let's agree to disagree. I'll get back to you in a few months ;) :D
simon redshaw
Super User
Super User

Post by simon redshaw »

NO TIGER NO!! DON'T DO THIS!!

BANGS HIS HEAD IN FRUSTRATION!!

Paul Burke is not the first choice fly-half or possibly even back-up fly-half we need. Sooner, rather then later we are going to need to call on Ian Humphries. He hasn't been given much first team experience and I would like to see him given a few replacements chances to give him more confidence.

Loaning Ian Humphries out to Leeds would be a bad move, considering our Fly-half resources when Andy Goode is not playing.
simon redshaw
Super User
Super User

Post by simon redshaw »

According to a Leeds fan on the Unoffy site, Ian has been loaned out to Leeds already. Maybe a good thing for him to get 1st team experience but does leave us short for the Development matches and also as cover in the 1st team, particularly if Andy Goode is injured!! :x :x
Chris Lunson
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by Chris Lunson »

There is no way we should loan Humphreys to Leeds. He is a much better fly half than burke and hes more than ten years younger!
Bud
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Bud »

He's not going to leeds anymore. The injury Goode has is more serious than first thought.
Ed
k1
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by k1 »

Pellsey wrote:okay k1, let's agree to disagree. I'll get back to you in a few months ;) :D
Fair enough pal. I'll settle for that :lol: