THIS SATURDAYS KICK OFF TIME

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Iain
Super User
Super User

Post by Iain »

Firstly g note your post has been edited for obvious reasons (myself and Rizzo do have better things to be doing than that).

Secondly stop taking everything to heart! You merely seemed very angry and very vocal about the change in kick off time for someone who has a) stated that this is a Mickey Mouse competition that you would never support and b) can't go to the match in any case!

Belper Jon.... Coming back at 9pm is hardly THAT late though is it? Still allows for a few cheeky halves in your designated local!
joseph

Post by joseph »

Leicester supporters should count themselves lucky. In Wales now all of our kick off times are either 7.10 on Friday night or 5.30 on Saturday. It's all to do with TV (who of course cough up most of the money so I suppose we should be grateful). I haven't been to a Saturday afternoon game for ages.

Looking forward to this Saturday. We might just surprise you!
stevetelcom2000
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by stevetelcom2000 »

g wrote:Firstly Iain
I do actually work on Saturdays and SUNDAYS as it happens. And secondly we won't be watching it on TV as we are in Worcester.
You are beginning to sound like a cracked record with your " Well g you publicly stated this that and the other" give it a rest will you I'm merely making a bleeding point.
If you work Saturdays & Sundays. Why on earth does it matter to you when the game is being played as your not going regardless what time its played? And why won't you be watching the game as you are in Worcester? Ive been to Worcester, they have TV, Electricity & everything :lol: As for your bleeding point!!! What is it?
g
Super User
Super User

Post by g »

No tv where I'm going as it's work related. I may record it, maybe not the commentary will be in welsh.
Last edited by g on Tue Sep 26, 2006 2:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ashby Rock Chick
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Ashby Rock Chick »

Rizzo wrote:I think we should be pleased for those who can't get to the game that they'll have a chance to watch it - we get so few games shown on Sky or satellite that anything should be an advantage. And people would moan even more if it had been moved to a Friday night or a Sunday instead.
Too right! I work til 3pm on Saturday and as such am hoping to attend now that they've changed the time!! Fandabidozie!!! Yippee, Woohoo, Marvellous!! :lol: :D :wink: :P
You gotta fight for your right to .... PARTY!
stevetelcom2000
Gold Member
Gold Member

g wrote:I am going to Worcester for business reasons not that it's any of your :censored: business and there fore will not be anywhere near a tv.

:lol: :lol: :lol: You really are a star. I'm the same as you. I always make sure I do my business as far away from a TV as possible. :wink:
westy154
Super User
Super User

Post by westy154 »

Re: This conversation/thread - LOL! :D
Rizzo

Post by Rizzo »

let's face it, it is what it is - it suits some, it won't suit others. That's life. I'd have preferred 3pm myself, but as Iain says, 2.5 hours is not that much of a margin.

BelperJon, you wait until you're as old and decrepit as I am - all you want to do after standing for 5 hours or so is go home, soak in the bath with a glass of wine and then be a couch potato until bedtime :)

oh, and I know the epithets used by g aren't exactly swearing these days, but it really isn't necessary to use any language such as that in my opinion.
Don't waste your time away thinking about yesterday's blues
Demelza - another Mother
Ashby Rock Chick
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Ashby Rock Chick »

I agree Rizzo, what will be will be.

Hey G, take a chill pill hon, think yourself lucky you've not got raging hormones. (Where's the chocolate, I need a container full today). All offers of Turkish Delights gratefully received. :P
You gotta fight for your right to .... PARTY!
simon redshaw
Super User
Super User

Post by simon redshaw »

Sorry to hear that Kaye. I've had a sore throat and the likes today, so taking the Lemsip. Not that's what you need!! :wink:

Turkish Delights - Sounds a good idea, but I better not send any through the post!! :wink:
westy154
Super User
Super User

Post by westy154 »

BelperJon wrote:With a 5.30pm k/o, it will mean an extra 2½ hours of dead time before we leave home. We would rather have this extra time after the match, not before it.
Imagine how the home team's side must feel then! :wink:

What about Newcastle's fans? When they are playing the West Country boys, are the kick off times made earlier? Not that I'm aware of.

Living in the Midlands we are quite lucky that we aren't too far away from anywhere. Over the course of the season, I'm sure it will all even out.
simon redshaw
Super User
Super User

Post by simon redshaw »

Iain, those that do travel further may be affected, for example, if they catch the same line as I do to Leicester. There are no trains to London after 9.05 p.m. on a Saturday night. It is possible that the situation may be similiar on some other lines.

I am not too bothered apart from maybe the extra cost as I will be staying in Leicester overnight. However, it is not correct to say that not those travelling further wouldn't be affected too badly by the change in kick-off times.
westy154
Super User
Super User

Post by westy154 »

BelperJon wrote:Good morning Westy,

My gripe is this game has been moved to 5.30pm to accommodate a TV channel that a significant percentage of the country cannot receive without cable or satellite. If it was on BBC1, BBC2 or Sky Sports, I wouldn't mind as much.
Morning Jon,

If it were not on S4C, it wouldn't be on TV at all. I haven't looked, but I assume that the BBC will be showing a match on Saturday or Sunday? And it is the Anglo-WELSH cup after all, we ought to be nice to them; they probably won't win anything this season! :wink:

I'll be watching via my Sky box and laughing at the commentary: glyylllgylggglylggyl Harry Ellis dffrffffffflllyylffffyyqwqddr Andy Goode, wellllcoccoooyyymftldlltlgogogoch TRY!
stevetelcom2000
Gold Member
Gold Member

BJ I have the perfect solution for you. Come straight down to the new Walkabout with me after the game & watch the Munster V Ulster game. Kick off 19.30. You can have a few pints there before walking/staggering the 200 yards to the train station & home to bed:lol: I will expect to see you there as well at some point Simon seems your staying over in Leicester.