annoying habits

Non- Rugby Related Chat. Please note that this forum is moderated. If you wish to make comments for the club's attention please do so in Fans Forum and not this one.

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

orla - mumha abú!
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by orla - mumha abú! »

i hate that too! my friends embarrassingly do it. i feel like such a knacker sat there like that.
to the brave and faithful nothing is impossible

European Champions 2006!
DCat
Super User
Super User

Post by DCat »

That is a wonderfully delicate phrase Orla - I must remember that one.

We get a lot of people who 'share' their music with everybody else on University Road. I was listening to Tchaikovsky on the way into work this morning, deafeningly loudly as well (with a decent pair of earphones, I hasten to add). Would they have liked me to share that with them? I doubt it, so why share their cack with me?

OK Rant over
AKA Delilah - Founder Member of 'The Mothers'

Sponsored by Kleenex
DCat
Super User
Super User

Post by DCat »

Oh yes, and people who smoke on non smoking buses.

Apologies for hijacking this thread!

Sponsored by Kleenex
orla - mumha abú!
Gold Member
Gold Member

which phrase exactly?

European Champions 2006!
Cornish Tiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Cornish Tiger »

lol is fine MP. I was only kidding. It was just funny how often you'd used it in that preceding post. Sorry, I really didn't mean to be picky. :cry:

I agree with the clicking thing. I was in a queue this week and a man in the car in front was doing the neck thing, using his arms to twist it, and I was just cringing and grimacing and drumming the steering wheel with horror, and he saw me in the mirror and laughed. My children both click fingers and toes, and we have a rule in our house that if you do it you have to slap yourself. Guests really don't know what to make of it.

I am guilty of metallica at full volume with the windows down, but i crank it right down if anyone's about or by horses. Sorry to anyone on a peaceful country walk, but I fly by, and hell - it's metallica - it can't be quiet.
DCat
Super User
Super User

Post by DCat »

orla - mumha abú! wrote:which phrase exactly?
I felt like such a knacker - brilliant!

Sponsored by Kleenex
Ashby Rock Chick
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Bad habits

Post by Ashby Rock Chick »

redtiger wrote:you just come back from holiday rizzo?? or did i imagine that??
I can cope with men staring at my chest as it's quite a compliment as mine are not that big but as long as they're not doing it for ages, a casual glance is okay. :lol:

I hate people who wear too much perfume or aftershave.

Smoking is the worst bad habit and swearing is terrible, terrible if children are around. (I wasn't allowed to say more than the word fart in fron tof my Mum until I was about 30).

I know a guy who opens his eyes really wide when talking, like popeye, Makes me do the same thing when talking to him. :shock:

I have a guy who comes into work who has a bad habit of constantly touching his nether regions. WHY!!!!! Checking they're still there or something obviously. :roll:

My own personal bad habit is picking my thumb skin to bits when I'm nervous or talking to much.
:?
You gotta fight for your right to .... PARTY!
orla - mumha abú!
Gold Member
Gold Member

my best friend claire calls me pikey all the time. another word for knacker. its how we address each other. she will actually shout it at me no matter how far away she is. its affectionate really. lol.

my sister and i have the same habit when we are stressed. she scratches her ear til it bleeds in her sleep and i claw my foot with the other foot. i have the scars to prove it. i also chew my lip in my sleep when im stressed. not really a bad habit exactly, as i cant help it.

European Champions 2006!
RoyalBlueStuey
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by RoyalBlueStuey »

the whole wide-eyes thing is scary...I was talking to someone the other day who did the wide eyed thing when you were talking to her, she probably thought it was showing that she was giving you here full attention but she looked like she was either mad or actually hearing you through her eyes.

very un-nerving either way.

SB
Everton is the dominant species. I am Everton
http://garstontowers.blogspot.com
http://www.myspace.com/garstontowers
orla - mumha abú!
Gold Member
Gold Member

or people who blink lots and lots. it makes me blink more and then makes my eyes go all watery. its awful!

European Champions 2006!
Mattu Pichu

Post by Mattu Pichu »

No offence taken CT, it's just when some people take it too far then start to become insulting that offends me, you were being honest and pointed it out so thanks. That's another annoying habit when people think it fair game and funny to begin to pick on anothers faults and proceed to take the proverbial
It's not about running faster than the tiger, it's about running faster than the slowest person!
Gate
Super User
Super User

Post by Gate »

Probably the most annoying habit or verbal tic? that really winds me up? is when a person's voice always goes up? at the end of a sentence or phrase? as if they're asking a question? only they're not? It makes me bug-eyed homicidal kitten-strangling mad?

My own worst habit, apart from the bloke things that aren't really habits so much as indicators of gender, like the ruminative scratching of the plums, is eating paper.
DCat
Super User
Super User

Post by DCat »

Eating paper?

Are we talking bog standard 80gsm copy paper? Rice paper? Bog paper? Churston Deckle crinkly edge paper? Izal with 'Government Property' written on it?

There could be a new tangent to this thread here....

Sponsored by Kleenex
Kinoulton
Super User
Super User

Post by Kinoulton »

I hate in when people in a queue get way too close to the person in front of them. Usually it's because they're impatient but what is it with them?

We're in a queue right? I can't get forward to the front any quicker. I have to wait for the person in front to be served, who has to wait for the person in front of them and so on.

It's how it works. So standing so close behind me that your trousers keep touching mine and I can feel you breathing is not going to get you served any quicker.

Are they perverts or do they really think that "pressing" the queue is going to make things happen more quickly.
Kicks and scrums and ruck and roll.....Is all my brain and body need!
Ashby Rock Chick
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Ashby Rock Chick »

Oooh BJ that's not a bad habit, that's a Room 101 rant.

I totally partially agree with you and have myself told a child off in a stern voice and have given the death stare , which usually does the trick. It is not your place to touch another child in any way (unless of course it is a life/death situation). Maybe say your piece or tell the child off but I would be furious too if a total stranger touched, smacked or hit my child. It is a Mother's natural instinct to protect her child (or else where do you draw the line for paedophiles).

Control of children should begin at home and is totally out of the window these days. Parents seem frightened to chastise their children in public for some reason. Children should be calmly, firmly and consistantly told what is wrong and be made to understand when they have done wrong and privilledges taken away when they have done wrong. It works with animals so why not children.

Okay, I'll get off my soap box now. 8)
You gotta fight for your right to .... PARTY!