Have i Missed Something????

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

boomshanka10

Have i Missed Something????

Post by boomshanka10 »

Just been reading the supplement in tonights mercury and while looking at the photoshoot there is no Ollie Smith and no mention of him,did he leave ????
Wigstontiger

Post by Wigstontiger »

I read something about him still being in Australia - don't know any more than that.
Tigersfan90
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Have i Missed Something????

Post by Tigersfan90 »

boomshanka10 wrote:Just been reading the supplement in tonights mercury and while looking at the photoshoot there is no Ollie Smith and no mention of him,did he leave ????
Just double checked the team photo in the Mercury and he isn't pictured. Seems a bit odd really.
Guinness Premiership Champions & Heineken Cup Finalists 2009
Tigers never give up !
MJ Chairman
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by MJ Chairman »

i was told friday night that he is in Australia playing minor grade rugby league to help try and recapture some form. this came second hand info but the chap that told me was told by bledthyn jones.
Tigersfan90
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Tigersfan90 »

Lewis Moody isn't either so they probably weren't available.
Guinness Premiership Champions & Heineken Cup Finalists 2009
Tigers never give up !
MJ Chairman
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by MJ Chairman »

i was told friday night that he is in Australia playing minor grade rugby league to help try and recapture some form. this came second hand info but the chap that told me was told by bledthyn jones.
utility_player_12345

Post by utility_player_12345 »

I wouldn't worry too much!

Looks like Seru, Matt Smith, Wig, Ian Nimmo (possibly on loan) and Lewis Moody didn't turn up for the photocall either as all the pen pics are from last season.

They don't appear in the team shot either!
Phil B
Super User
Super User

Post by Phil B »

MJ Chairman wrote:i was told friday night that he is in Australia playing minor grade rugby league to help try and recapture some form. this came second hand info but the chap that told me was told by bledthyn jones.
The idea that one of the most popular of Tigers' current players is overseas and playing RL, and we have not been informed, is, to me, ridiculous. The Club would not treat us with such contempt. It simply isn't possible.
Dave Angel
Super User
Super User

Post by Dave Angel »

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/main.j ... engl02.xml
Another missing figure is Ollie Smith, the Leicester centre, who has gone to Brisbane to train at the Broncos rugby league club to try and rejuvenate himself.
MJ Chairman
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by MJ Chairman »

Thanks for that Dave it is good to know I remember some of the things that happen in the pub on a Friday night.
toriya

Post by toriya »

Moody probably wasnt in the pic either as he is still recovering from surgery on his arm. Apparently picked up a very bad infection and was in danger of losing his arm at one point. According to the article in the Sunday Mail.
simon redshaw
Super User
Super User

Post by simon redshaw »

I hope Lewis is back fit soon.

Why is Ollie still in Australia, he should be back with us rather then playing another sport. If Ollie is to stay out there a long time, the club should make an announcement. Otherwise, for the peace of mind of all, he should be back here very soon and doing what he is best at. It is getting a bit annoying really! :x :x :x :x
Phil B
Super User
Super User

Post by Phil B »

Phil B wrote:
MJ Chairman wrote:i was told friday night that he is in Australia playing minor grade rugby league to help try and recapture some form. this came second hand info but the chap that told me was told by bledthyn jones.
The idea that one of the most popular of Tigers' current players is overseas and playing RL, and we have not been informed, is, to me, ridiculous. The Club would not treat us with such contempt. It simply isn't possible.
You give the Club the benefit of the doubt, and look what happens!!
Iain
Super User
Super User

Post by Iain »

Why is that so disgusting? Why are the club treating us with contempt? What business is it of ours what an individual does in the close season?
Phil B
Super User
Super User

Post by Phil B »

Iain wrote:Why is that so disgusting? Why are the club treating us with contempt? What business is it of ours what an individual does in the close season?
Iain, please stop being so aggressive or you will lose yet another forum member because I am getting tired of your attitude. I never used the word disgusting for a start, and secondly if he is out in Australia playing RL he is not a likley starter for Sunday. That is my business (unless you think which players might play for the Club on any given matchday is not the fans' business) and the Club not keeping us informed is contemptous, if only slightly.

Now, calm down, please.