Can anyone cheer up an Arsenal Fan?!!

Non- Rugby Related Chat. Please note that this forum is moderated. If you wish to make comments for the club's attention please do so in Fans Forum and not this one.

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

wellbutthatcouldbe

Post by wellbutthatcouldbe »

I might just be able to cheer you up Simon. I support Leicester City - which for the last few years, has been bad enough in itself.

I also live in South East Wales, so face a 240 mile round trip for "home" games, which I do a few times a season, as well as going to a fair few away games.

On Saturday, my dad and me saw City beat Southend 1-0 at the Walkers - far from a classic game. However, for us, it was the first time we's seen City win a League game for 21 months. Since Saturday 27th November 2004, beating Plymouth 2-1 at the Walkers (I've just retrieved the match programme, by the way) - again, it was not a classic! OK, so it's only about 12 games because of our infrequent attendance - but 21 MONTHS!

Moreover, City have been drawn against Coventry's conquerors Hereford away in the 2nd round of the Carling Cup. In theory, this is great for me - it's less than an hour's drive from where I live, and the demand for tickets for the City allocation shouldn't be too great.

But...I go and support Hereford a few times a season and look out for their results. I know the names of most of their players. I also know a few Hereford fans at school, and most of my other friends will lose no time in declaring themselves as Hereford fans should they win.

So assuming I avoid the onset of schizophrenia during the game (by not knwoing which team I'm supposed to be supporting), if Hereford win, I will never be able to hold my head up at school again!

That cheered you up?
Gate
Super User
Super User

Post by Gate »

Nobody can cheer up an Arsenal fan. Midweek match, watching CSI or similar and scratching the old nadderoonies in the front room, you see them walking past. Faces longer than the Great Wall of China. Like someone's just told them their entire family has died and they will follow, but not before the world is taken over by zombie Leeds supporters. And this is when they've just won 2-0. Mind you, they're pretty well behaved, by and large. And some of them are large. We're talking 42-inch waist drawstring trousers. And a face like a month of wet Wednesdays.