NNNNGGG!! frustration!!

Non- Rugby Related Chat. Please note that this forum is moderated. If you wish to make comments for the club's attention please do so in Fans Forum and not this one.

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

mrsmoody
Super User
Super User

Post by mrsmoody »

we've got an audi a4 cabriolet, and it was great during the heat wave (especially going at speed... cools you right down!) but when they weather is like this it's poo. it also messes up your hair which sucks and its even worse when you're in the back... wips you in the face! plus it gets cold... not complaining though :D :lol:
Kellogs frosties, brings out the tiger in you!

http://Hannah-Fantastic.bebo.com
redtiger
Super User
Super User

Post by redtiger »

always thought boxters were a bit girly til i drove one, they are ace!! wont be affording an a4 convertible like, ever really. they are nice but they're not really me i'm more the quiet and understated type :wink:
Forgot the resty - vesty is the besty!
dailywaffle
Super User
Super User

Post by dailywaffle »

Convertibles are great, but you have to drive one to be convinced, I think. The A4 is nice, although we went for the BMW (can just about get the two kids in the back !). I think I read somewhere that the UK has one of the greatest percentage of convertibles in Europe, despite the weather, and we find that the roof is off more than you'd think from about March to October. Warmer than you would imagine in the winter as well. :D

Oh yes, and great for the tan. 8)
DCat
Super User
Super User

Post by DCat »

redtiger wrote:i'm more the quiet and understated type :wink:
You what?
AKA Delilah - Founder Member of 'The Mothers'

Sponsored by Kleenex
redtiger
Super User
Super User

Post by redtiger »

simon redshaw will vouch for me debbie, met him on sat he knows i'm a well behaved reserved young ( ish ) man. si's cool 8)
Kinoulton
Super User
Super User

Post by Kinoulton »

Convertibles

Frustration.

What frustrates the hell out of me are people who buy a convertible and HARDLY EVER take the roof down.

I've had two A4 convertibles and the roof is only ever up if it rains.

I've heard all the excuses. It's cold. It messes my hair up. I was only our for 5 minutes, it wasn't worth taking the roof down.

Fine. Get a Rover then. Don't buy a really nice convertible and then treat it like a family runabout.

GET THE BLINKIN' ROOF OFF.
Kicks and scrums and ruck and roll.....Is all my brain and body need!
redtiger
Super User
Super User

Post by redtiger »

i always see the other side of the coin actually kinny, those people who have the roof down when its pouring with rain, its like they got to that point where after the 87th day of getting up in the morning, looking at the window and seeing it raining they just thought "ah stuff it i'm havin the roof down"
Ashby Rock Chick
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Posh cars!!!

Post by Ashby Rock Chick »

You lot have far too much money!! Convertibles etc??? (I wish).

You need to get a nice, old fashioned, freeze your bits off, beetle!!! I had a nice white beetle, that was used as my wedding car, even after it had been ran into. It used to freeze up on the inside and give me a distinct twitch in my left eye when I drove it in winter. 8)
You gotta fight for your right to .... PARTY!
RoyalBlueStuey
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Posh cars!!!

Post by RoyalBlueStuey »

Ashby Rock Chick wrote:You lot have far too much money!! Convertibles etc??? (I wish).

You need to get a nice, old fashioned, freeze your bits off, beetle!!! I had a nice white beetle, that was used as my wedding car, even after it had been ran into. It used to freeze up on the inside and give me a distinct twitch in my left eye when I drove it in winter. 8)
Freeze your bits off? That sounds pretty similar to the joys owning a convertable to me.

Soft-tops are a good idea but not really worth it for the 4 weeks a year you get to use them.

I used to have a Polo that had a battery bay that had rusted through and so used to deposit scummy, rusty, filthy water on my foot whenever I went round corners in the wet.
Everton is the dominant species. I am Everton
http://garstontowers.blogspot.com
http://www.myspace.com/garstontowers
Kinoulton
Super User
Super User

Post by Kinoulton »

During an awful winter in the 70's I had the joy of driving my wife's old mini from Kinoulton across country to Grantham each day.

(She was scared to take it out in all that snow so used to pinch my company Capri.)

This mini was truly awful. Like your motor it had no heating at all. My breath would freeze on the inside of the windscreen. The only way to defrost a peep-hole was to put my hand on the screen until the ice melted.

The lights had a mind of their own and the vehicle had no traction to speak of.

On one memorable occasion I was coming down the A46 quite slowly, turned the steering left to go down Kinoulton Lane and nothing happened. The car just carried on in a straight line towards Leicester.
Kicks and scrums and ruck and roll.....Is all my brain and body need!
RoyalBlueStuey
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by RoyalBlueStuey »

Kinoulton wrote:The car just carried on in a straight line towards Leicester.
Well trained motor you had there...was it like Knight Rider and knew instinctively that you always wanted to head to Welford Road?
Everton is the dominant species. I am Everton
http://garstontowers.blogspot.com
http://www.myspace.com/garstontowers
redtiger
Super User
Super User

Re: Posh cars!!!

Post by redtiger »

[quote="Ashby Rock Chick"]You lot have far too much money!! Convertibles etc??? (I wish).

i wish!! but i start my new job in 20 days, looking forward to seein what my new monthly wage will be at the end of october :lol: still sweating on what the full package wil be tho, if its proper detached duty it means £180 a week housing allowance on top of my normal salary. which is nice especially if i can share a house and pay about £70 a week all in!! :lol:
DCat
Super User
Super User

Post by DCat »

Detatched duty? That's a phrase that takes me back to when I worked for HMG. I take it you are an extremely civil servant?
AKA Delilah - Founder Member of 'The Mothers'

Sponsored by Kleenex
redtiger
Super User
Super User

Post by redtiger »

yeah that's correct debbie, what is HMG, Her Majesty's Greenhouse??