Beer stockists

Non- Rugby Related Chat. Please note that this forum is moderated. If you wish to make comments for the club's attention please do so in Fans Forum and not this one.

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Gate
Super User
Super User

Beer stockists

Post by Gate »

Call me sad if you like, but I like Everards Tiger, and would happily drink it at home if I could get any. Can't get the stuff in Lannan for love nor money, so I'm thinking of getting a bagful next time I'm up at WR. Any tips for a reasonable offy not too far from the railway station?
DCat
Super User
Super User

Post by DCat »

Try 'The Offy' just near Vicky Park - they have a website & are an award winning offy. The owner apparently is a complete nutter, possibly due to the amount of product testing, but the selection is second to none, I'm told. Opening hours can be a bit haphazard, so call first to see when he's open. Apparently they might sell McMullens, if your form of transport runs out of fuel. :shock:
AKA Delilah - Founder Member of 'The Mothers'

Sponsored by Kleenex
DCat
Super User
Super User

Post by DCat »

Link now attached

http://www.the-offie.co.uk/

Sponsored by Kleenex
Cornish Tiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Cornish Tiger »

There are some pubs in town that stock Tiger. Check first but these used to: Sutton Arms Gt Sutton St EC1; The Lord Moon of the Mall, Whitehall; The King's Head, E4, Chingford. There may be some nearer you. Not sure where you are. There used to be a great real ale place off Trafalgar Square too that stocked just about everything, but I can't remember the name. I'm sure someone will know it.
Iain
Super User
Super User

Post by Iain »

I'm not sure how readily available it has Everards as I tend not to buy it, but my local offy, the Drinkz Box on Narborough Road is the cheapest off licence in the history of the world I think! Have a look there!
redtiger
Super User
Super User

Post by redtiger »

[quote="DCat"]Try 'The Offy' just near Vicky Park - they have a website & are an award winning offy. The owner apparently is a complete nutter

he may be a nutter but originality is not his strong point, if he were a true nutter he would have called his offy "joe's mad dog straw cat hyper baby fly beverage joint". us true nut jobs know best.
Forgot the resty - vesty is the besty!
TigerTimmy

Post by TigerTimmy »

Its a good off licence though. He's very friendly. Last time i went i was there for about 1/2 hour chatting to him. He has millions of belgium beers as well as english ones which is good for belgium beer fans (like me). He does also deliver.
He can be a bit pricy though. A supermarket might be best if you want it cheap, there's a Sainsburys in the town centre.
www.myspace.com/polarbeauty (Random electronic doodlings)
Kinoulton
Super User
Super User

Post by Kinoulton »

Go one better. Go to Bruges. Lovely old town, more makes of beer than you can shake a stick at, and the only place I've ever visited where my missus felt that the horses were well looked after.

(They pull tourists round on picturesque carriages. This will get Cornish T full of wrath because it's exploitation of animals.)
Kicks and scrums and ruck and roll.....Is all my brain and body need!
Cornish Tiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Cornish Tiger »

Wrath wrath wrath wrath wrath! And I'm having a scrap with Sim over chocolate comments What a morning!

I like Bruges too, used to live near Maastricht in the Netherlands, and we often used to stop off in Bruges on the journey back to the UK, as it was kind of half way. But they wont sell Tiger surely. It'll be all Trappist monk stuff etc (very lovely though).
In Boston, the horses used to have these little bags attached to their rear ends so they could carry their own poo about and not litter the streets. It would be a great idea for cats. And horsey people :twisted:
TigerTimmy

Post by TigerTimmy »

I was in Bruges only last week. Is a very lovely place. Lots of belgium beer but no Tiger.
Plus its a long way from Leicester train station!!
www.myspace.com/polarbeauty (Random electronic doodlings)
DCat
Super User
Super User

Post by DCat »

Trappist beer - Chimay - yum.

Sponsored by Kleenex
Gate
Super User
Super User

Post by Gate »

Bruges is a cracking place. Just a little bit out of the way from WR to the railway station. Sainsbury's sounds like a fair bet for Tiger - but I'll have to give the Offie a spin for something a more weird and wonderful. I had a beezer ale at the beer festival made with gooseberries and bog myrtle. No, really. Called "Grozet" - try it if you see it.