Tigers Vs Nottingham on bank hol Monday

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Bingham Tiger
Tiger Cub

Tigers Vs Nottingham on bank hol Monday

Post by Bingham Tiger »

Is anyone braving the trip across to Nottingham this year? It's no longer the gun crime capital of the Midlands (allegedly), so don't be frightened.

A good turn out will hopefully help the cause of Nottingham RFC (and rugby in the area) who are trying to negotiate with Notts County FC over a ground share whilst their new facility is being built.

I've heard through the grape vine that the Tigers will be fielding a reasonably strong side, even though it is close to the Munster game.

Hope to see you all at Meadow Lane
"Try not. Do, or do not... There is no try" ..... Yoda was obviously a Bath fan
louis deacon is a god!

Post by louis deacon is a god! »

My family and I are going to the game. Really hope Tigers both to put out a decent team, Nottingham look pretty strong these days and it could be rather embarrassing if they don't take it seriously!
Jeremy Anderson
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Jeremy Anderson »

Did not know anything about the game. A bit more coverage on the web site would help.

Now that we do, my wife and I will be there providing we get back from Cork ok on the Sunday.
panna

Post by panna »

what time is the kick off
Dave Angel
Super User
Super User

Post by Dave Angel »

Jeremy Anderson wrote:Did not know anything about the game. A bit more coverage on the web site would help.

Now that we do, my wife and I will be there providing we get back from Cork ok on the Sunday.

Jeremy, there was a news article about the game on this site over a month ago:

http://www.tigers.co.uk/29_5597.php
Jeremy Anderson
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Jeremy Anderson »

Thanks Dave,

Must have missed that one.

My only challenge now is to find the ground. Did not see much help on the Nottingham RFC web Site except to say Meadow Lane. I found a Meadow lane neat Beeston is that the one? If not does anybody know the post code or can send me an URL to directions it would be much appreciated.
boondock
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by boondock »

wanderers (saints dev side) beat nottingham 31-0 at the weekend.

so i wouldnt worry too much.
Bingham Tiger
Tiger Cub

Post by Bingham Tiger »

It's not too surprising a few people didn't know the game is on. It was on the website, but if you hadn't logged on during that week or two you may have missed it. The game is not shown on the pre-season fixtures list, with the Tigers obviously concentrating on the Munster game.

Meadow Lane is not far from the train station, about five minutes walk, and walking distance from the main bus station and city centre if other forms of public transport are being used. The price for adults is £15, I'm not sure about price for kids.

If anyone isn't aware (sorrry for those who I'm teaching to suck eggs), Nottingham RFC are in the process of developing a new ground/stadium, which won't be available until at least next year. Over the summer they announced they would be ground sharing with Notts County for this season, providing an excellent and large facility for them and hoping to attract large crowds. However the announcement was obviously premature because the football club then pulled the rug from beneath them and they announced the agreement was off, and that Nottingham RFC could play their first five games of the season at the ground, then that was it.

Notts County nearly went out of business a few years ago due to debt, and they still are by no means Chelsea on the financial front. They are clearly missing an opportunity to earn some money, raise the profile and (hopefully) attendance at rugby in the area.

The game for Nottingham RFC against the Tigers was announced by them as a celebration of the ground share agreement and to raise the awareness of the ground share. Hopefully if plenty go, then it will give Nottingham RFC some ammunition to go back into negotiations with County. So tell your friends and anyone who likes the game.

I'll be there with most of my rugby team, enjoying a few beers and hopefully a good match.
"Try not. Do, or do not... There is no try" ..... Yoda was obviously a Bath fan
anything_but_ordinary
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by anything_but_ordinary »

anybody now if you can get tickets on the door??
ITS ME EMILY!
JUS FANCIED A CHANGE!!!
Iain
Super User
Super User

Post by Iain »

Almost certainly, it won't sell out.
anything_but_ordinary
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

how far away is it from the train station?????
ITS ME EMILY!
JUS FANCIED A CHANGE!!!
Iain
Super User
Super User

Post by Iain »

See the following link to Notts County's website (the game is at Notts County's ground). It says two minutes walk from the railway station. Hadn't realised that, might get the train myself and have myself a beer!

http://www.nottscountyfc.premiumtv.co.u ... 26,00.html
anything_but_ordinary
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

thanks iain . . . . that was my idea neways!!!
ITS ME EMILY!
JUS FANCIED A CHANGE!!!
Alison b

Post by Alison b »

Tickets are available at the gate

Adults £15.00
Senior Citizens £7.50
Students £5.00(NUS)
Kids £1.00(under 16)

As a Nottingham fan, I hope you will come and help us achieve the biggest gate of the season at Meadow Lane :lol:
madoqua
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by madoqua »

Hi folks.

The ground is a ten minute walk from the train station.

The place for a pint is the Vat and Fiddle, (the Castle Rock brewpub). Superb beer and cheap. Cross the road from the station, turn left and it is 200 yards on your right. Also serves European beers and many malts.