Wot they think of us in Northampton

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Ashby Rock Chick
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Fanflippingtastic!!!

Post by Ashby Rock Chick »

Ha ha, that's great. I reckon he must've lived in or around Leicester at some point as he quite likes WR really!!! :D

He's got it spot on about playing "chicken" to cross the road to get there. I have been known to run screaming across that road with my eyes shut and saying at least three Hail Mary's, whilst the better half sprinted off the starting line a second or two without me.
You gotta fight for your right to .... PARTY!
SilensFatuus
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by SilensFatuus »

Glaws one is about right!
Its not just away fans that arent allowed in the clubhouse though, its season tickets only!

I'll let you know about WR when I come up.
On a side note, do you thing the Glaws game will be a sell out? Becuase I cant buy my ticket until my parents get back off holiday in 2 weeks.
Cherry and Whites ~ European Challenge Champions
boondock
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by boondock »

obviously a tongue in cheek piece, and no it isnt me wot wrote it.

in fairness to the guy he does say he's writing it to save whinging saints fans the bother whinging after they have visited away grounds this season. (just in case there are any whinging saint fans tucked away somewhere, i've never met any. honest guv :wink: )

and he does invite people to come back at us....

some of the responses (rizzo) are pretty good, so we're enjoying the repartee.
simon redshaw
Super User
Super User

Post by simon redshaw »

Very fair comment Boondock. I took it that way. It makes interesting reading on all the different Prem grounds.

I actually like Everards though. You can't beat a great Tigers Ale! Except for something like a Guinness! :wink:
Rizzo

Post by Rizzo »

Evarards beer is pretty foul, I was thinking of suggesting they have a Jack Daniels and Coke bar installed at Welford Road just for my benefit... :wink:

Crossing Welford Road outside the ground is even more dodgy at the moment since the Council have been re-surfacing (or covering with tar and spraying loose bits on) - they've reduced it to two lanes from the area of the prison and it's been a bottleneck of traffic along from the city end of Welford Road all the way down. Hopefully it'll all be finished by Friday!
Don't waste your time away thinking about yesterday's blues
Demelza - another Mother
simon redshaw
Super User
Super User

Post by simon redshaw »

Doesn't sound good! I'll look out for that when I come up on September 3.

Won't be going to Friday's match but hope all who go have a great time and that Tigers win soundly against Toulon!
Ashby Rock Chick
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Ashby Rock Chick »

SilensFatuus wrote:Glaws one is about right!
Its not just away fans that arent allowed in the clubhouse though, its season tickets only!

I'll let you know about WR when I come up.
On a side note, do you thing the Glaws game will be a sell out? Becuase I cant buy my ticket until my parents get back off holiday in 2 weeks.
There is a pub in Ashby De La Zouch run by a Glaws fan and he is the most unfriendly, miserable so and so you would ever wish to meet. (I won't name the pub but suffice to say, I don't frequent his ale ho :lol: use!).
You gotta fight for your right to .... PARTY!
Sim
Super User
Super User

Post by Sim »

I notice that they didn't put anything in about there own ground, is that because its that much of a <edited> theres nothing to say??
great service....great idea (cheers Mr Branson)
(Keeno n' Sim Group)
boondock
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by boondock »

no need to start throwing, er, mud around - read the piece, read my post above - its not meant to be taken as a dig. feel free to submit your own piece on the gardens - its actually invited - but i think you might want to try for something a bit wittier!
Iain
Super User
Super User

Post by Iain »

I quite like Franklins Gardens other than for the fact it is too small and if you get a terrace ticket you are crammed in like sardines.
Kinoulton
Super User
Super User

Post by Kinoulton »

I thought it was really witty. I've sent the link on to all the Tigers fans I know.

If you want a riposte, why don't you ask him if he'll do a similar write-up on all the Division 1 grounds at the end of season 2007 - 2008?
Kicks and scrums and ruck and roll.....Is all my brain and body need!
Jeremy Anderson
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Jeremy Anderson »

Actually I like the Saints ground, which is easy to find as you just head for the chimney (anybody know what they burn there?)
Fans are a bit odd in that they keep on about the intense local rivalry between us but for me they are way down the list of clubs I wants us to beat. I don't really see them as major rivals but another East Midlands club that I would support over many other teams.
Being a rugby ground the bar is a decent size!
Enjoyed the article!
Dave Angel
Super User
Super User

Post by Dave Angel »

It's not a chimney, it is the Express Lift Tower

It is also the only lift testing tower built in the UK and one of only two in Europe!
Containing 3 lift shafts and 2 staircases, it is no longer in use and is now a Grade II listed building.

The development company who now own the land around it keep threatening to knock it down as they claim it has "concrete cancer", making it unsafe but locals keep campaigning for it to remain standing.

It's also now nicknamed the Northampton Lighthouse thanks to Terry Wogan.
dailywaffle
Super User
Super User

Post by dailywaffle »

Jeremy Anderson wrote:Fans are a bit odd in that they keep on about the intense local rivalry between us but for me they are way down the list of clubs I wants us to beat. I don't really see them as major rivals but another East Midlands club that I would support over many other teams.
Yep, I too think the 'intense' rivalry is a little one-way. Bath and Wasps must come way ahead for us, I would have thought.

It must be frustrating for Saints fans that we don't 'big up' our games as much as they do !
Bill W
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W »

It is well known that Bath <spit> are the "auld enemy"!!

And Insects <swat> the more recent.

When have Saints challenged us at anything?

They have a nice little ground to entertain Barwells Business Colleagues - is it more than that?