Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

boondock
Gold Member
Gold Member

random idiots sighted in leicester

Post by boondock »

http://www.northamptonsaints.co.uk/foru ... 819#102819

i wondered if the gentlemen concerned might be on here and keen to brag of how well they represent the tigers fans?

(no, it doesnt seem to have been henson!)
Iain
Super User
Super User

Post by Iain »

Every town has its idiots, Leicester, and indeed Northampton, are no exceptions. I would very much doubt they are genuine Tigers fans.
JB

Post by JB »

Sounds like goons to me. Most of would like to see saints finish as high as possible, as long as it's one below the us!
JB, Stamford
fluffy

Post by fluffy »

Nearly right JB, t'other way round would be better! Thanks for the words though! As for the eejits- I'm guessing that such neanderthals would struggle with a keyboard.
If you cut me, will I not bleed black,green and gold?
Chobbsy
Super User
Super User

Post by Chobbsy »

I live in Milton Keynes which is very much Saints country, the other day while my wife was in the Tesco carpark, a female Saints fans berated her about being a Tigers fan around there saying she was very brave to show her Tiger colours, also that Tigers were useless and what had they done last season ... which is a fair comment... oh yeah apart from beat Saints 3 times :lol:
God created rugby so footballers have heros too
Rizzo

Post by Rizzo »

There are idiots amongst every band of supporters I'd guess, but hopefully the majority are decent regular rugby suporters!

I've had catcalls from City fans about my Tigers car stickers and ribbons but it doesn't mean I tar them all with the same brush.
Don't waste your time away thinking about yesterday's blues
Demelza - another Mother
boondock
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by boondock »

i dont think anyone thinks these guys are typical fans but to suggest they cant be tigers supporters because they werent nice might be going a bit far in t'other direction!

and chobbsy is right to point out that saints fans arent necessarily all saints by nature too. any group of people will have some random idiots who let the side down (though i cannot resist suggesting there may be a higher than average concentration in the tigers fan base :twisted: :wink: :twisted: :wink: )

cant help wondering if they would have been so 'in yer face' if they'd come come across barwell saint rather than the lovely juzyj though :?:

(ps watch out for fluffy - she might have a cuddly name but she's a stickler for good spelling and grammar - i get special dispensation for being the village idiot!)

(pps - fair point chobbsy - but at least we get home advantage two times this coming season. that might mean more this year than last!)
SimW

Post by SimW »

I live IN Northampton which IS Saints territory. I often see Saints shirts around but even when wearing my Tigers shirt I've never had any un-pleasant experiences.

Except when we went to the A game at FG a few years back. After the game it all kicked off and the Saints fans starting singing: "Same old Leicester, always cheating". They didn't seem to like it when I started singing: "Same old Saints, always losing"!
fluffy

Post by fluffy »

Its true that you can find bad manners wherever or whoever you are- unless you are Barwell Saint, of course!
Down here at the seaside, I get mightily fed up of having to explain to the locals who spot the car sticker that I actually don't support Southampton FC but Northampton RFC. Generally, at that point their faces glaze- not exactly well served for premiership rugby down here. Still I do have nice pint and banter sessions with my Tiggers friends in Sutton Valence on occasion to keep sane!
If you cut me, will I not bleed black,green and gold?
Tigersfan90
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Tigersfan90 »

Oh dear! :shock: as if all Leicester Tigers fans are like that. :roll: :lol:
Guinness Premiership Champions & Heineken Cup Finalists 2009
Tigers never give up !
Kinoulton
Super User
Super User

Post by Kinoulton »

You're OK with the locals in Sutton Valence.

Except on "Banjo Night" when they sit on their verandas playing tunes and staring at strangers through the one eye.
Kicks and scrums and ruck and roll.....Is all my brain and body need!
boondock
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by boondock »

SimW wrote:I live IN Northampton which IS Saints territory. I often see Saints shirts around but even when wearing my Tigers shirt I've never had any un-pleasant experiences.

Except when we went to the A game at FG a few years back. After the game it all kicked off and the Saints fans starting singing: "Same old Leicester, always cheating". They didn't seem to like it when I started singing: "Same old Saints, always losing"!
were you the feller at the saints / scarlets game last friday in a tigers shirt?

i thought about going over to offer the guy some directions as he seemed to be at the wrong match, but then i thought, 'no, i'll have another beer'.

ps kinoulton - one eyed banjo players? - musrt be a lot of tigers fans in sutton valance then :wink:
Munster Exile
Tiger Cub

Post by Munster Exile »

Chobbsy wrote:I live in Milton Keynes which is very much Saints country, the other day while my wife was in the Tesco carpark, a female Saints fans berated her about being a Tigers fan around there saying she was very brave to show her Tiger colours, also that Tigers were useless and what had they done last season ... which is a fair comment... oh yeah apart from beat Saints 3 times :lol:
Abusing someone for wearing a rugby shirt because it isn't the team you support, How random!

I always enjoying seeing people wearing rugby shirts, no matter what team it may be. It shows that we have a love for the game in common.
Munster Exile
Tiger Cub

Post by Munster Exile »

EDIT: Sorry Double post
Last edited by Munster Exile on Wed Aug 16, 2006 3:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.