Cesar Sempere on French tour

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

melting

Cesar Sempere on French tour

Post by melting »

Hello Tigers fans;

I´m a Spanish fan, and a few days ago learnt that Spain´s fullback Cesar Sempere was training with your team during their french tour.

I believe he even was tested in the starting line-up. How well he did both in the game and during the training tour?.
baz1664
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by baz1664 »

Do you have any opinions on this amigo? Is he anygood? Strengths, weaknesses etc....
melting

Post by melting »

Baz1664;

I´d say his two biggest abilities are a tremendous speed+dribbling skills which make him hard to stop at non-professional level. The second thing I like very of him is his tackling ability, due probably from the fact he has some 7s background (I´d need to check if he has been capped in IRB´s Sevens series, since Spain uses to play a couple of them ). I think he´s good at kicking, but never stopped myself to think how good he is compared to others.

His major drawback to me is physique, doubtless. Premiership packs would crush him as if he was a piece of bread. And a perfect example is surely Sale winger Oriol Ripol, a fellow Spaniard. Since he is in Britain, he´s gained what...20-30 pounds of muscle?. Cesar must follow his example.

And since he´s very young, obviously needs to develop a persona. I particularly like the fact that he is trying to play in England as man-possesed; tried it for Bath last February and now he´s doing it for Leicester. The lad wants to grow in rugby, and he knows he can´t do it in Spain. That speaks good of him.
Rizzo

Post by Rizzo »

He was on the replacements bench for the game against Castres, which we lost by 1 point - the match report doesn't indicate whether he came on at all, so it's hard to say how he played or fitted in. He was not listed on the bench or team for the game against Stade Francais.

Welcome to the board, Melting. :)
Don't waste your time away thinking about yesterday's blues
Demelza - another Mother
melting

Post by melting »

Thanks Rizzo.

Wasn´t he in the starting lineup for the Stade´s game?. At least, that´s what it says in the French team website...
http://www.stade.fr/fr/chroniques/index ... 83&lang=fr
Nells

Post by Nells »

Melting

Welcome

Is this Sempere? If so he played as there are other pictures of him in the thread on Stade Francis Tigers match.
http://perso.orange.fr/emmanuel11//sf-l ... 010140.JPG
melting

Post by melting »

My pleasure, Nells

Yep, he´s the guy smiling on the right of the picture
shuu

Post by shuu »

Hi all:

I'm spanish too and well interested in Sempere. As melting said Bath was scouting him, and Pablo Feijoo too, (our scrumhalf) after the test match against Japan.

In that match Sempere scored two or three drops and two behind the Japanese ten meters line (45 meters lenght). (I should watch the video again for assert it).
And Feijoo scored a try after running about 70 meters and overtook the Japanese backs (that kind of plays that make you scream alone with nonsense).

Any news is welcome, and sorry about my english.
If you feel pain, you still can play.
Nells

Post by Nells »

Your English is very good shuu - much better than my spanish.