Toulon Tana Loses Finger Tip

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

gman

Toulon Tana Loses Finger Tip

Post by gman »

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/rugby_u ... 251954.stm

Ouch! - i was looking forward to seeing him on the 18th :( assuming he was going to play.
Tigersfan90
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Tigersfan90 »

Sounds painful! He doesn’t join Toulon until October so we wouldn't of had the chance to see him during the Toulon Vs Leicester friendly. It would be good to see him play at Welford Road sometime though.
Guinness Premiership Champions & Heineken Cup Finalists 2009
Tigers never give up !
dédé83

Post by dédé83 »

Maybe Tigers won't have any difficulty to win against our uncomplete & not ready team.
Actually 5(+1) of our supposed holder players stay in France, for next 18th....
- Isoa Domolailai (Fidji, Int.)
- Roger Warren (fly half, Samoa, Int.)
- Kiri Mariner ( back, Samoa, Int.)
- Sylvain Martin (prop, Fra, injured)
- Laurent Buchet (Fra)
- Tana Umaga (N-Z., injured & still playing for Wellington Hurricanes)

Plus, with 3 only weeks of training - with many new players and a new staff - I think the game will be very, very hard for Toulon ! :cry:
Anyway.

Leicester 48
Toulon 23

What do you think ???
Glaws 55

Post by Glaws 55 »

It will probablybe more than that, when Glaws played them in the ECC we notched about 70 points on them away and just as many at home
The future's bright, the future's Cherry and White
Romain

Post by Romain »

Tana Umaga's injury is quite worrisome for the home crowd in Toulon, but he's still scheduled to play from October to January for us, and we hope he'll be alright by then.
The RCT is indeed not yet fully prepared and the few players missing are important to the group, specially Isoa Domlailai (lock), fullback/fly half Roger Warren (will play fullback for Toulon) and center Kiri Mariner which came into the group late. Toulon born Sylvain Martin is sadly injured but our first row is still quite complete:

Jean Jacques Crenca (Fra, Int) Jean-Baptiste Rué (hooker, Fra, Int) Daniel Muller (South-Africa)

Now we've been doing major changes in the team and it won't be as easy as it was but even if the team was well prepared i cannot see anyone else than the Tigers winning that one. We'll just hope we fare well for a team that's about to enter France's Pro D2 (which i'm told is the equivalent to England's National Division One) and has the ambition to win it and go back up to Top 14.
-
Romain
-
« L'ennemi est bête: il croit que c'est nous l'ennemi alors que c'est lui ! »
- Pierre Desproges
dédé83

Post by dédé83 »

Romain wrote:Tana Umaga's injury is quite worrisome for the home crowd in Toulon, but he's still scheduled to play from October to January for us, and we hope he'll be alright by then.
The RCT is indeed not yet fully prepared and the few players missing are important to the group, specially Isoa Domlailai (lock), fullback/fly half Roger Warren (will play fullback for Toulon) and center Kiri Mariner which came into the group late. Toulon born Sylvain Martin is sadly injured but our first row is still quite complete:

Jean Jacques Crenca (Fra, Int) Jean-Baptiste Rué (hooker, Fra, Int) Daniel Muller (South-Africa)

Now we've been doing major changes in the team and it won't be as easy as it was but even if the team was well prepared i cannot see anyone else than the Tigers winning that one. We'll just hope we fare well for a team that's about to enter France's Pro D2 (which i'm told is the equivalent to England's National Division One) and has the ambition to win it and go back up to Top 14.

Ok

Et en Anglais ça donne quoi ??

:lol:
Romain

Post by Romain »

dédé83 wrote:

Ok

Et en Anglais ça donne quoi ??

:lol:
huh ?
-
Romain