Things to be sent to Room 101

Non- Rugby Related Chat. Please note that this forum is moderated. If you wish to make comments for the club's attention please do so in Fans Forum and not this one.

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

simon redshaw
Super User
Super User

Post by simon redshaw »

A very big list there Jon! You are putting much of Today's ills right with that list.

I hate it when you smile at someone and they refuse to smile back. Being happy makes someone else much more at ease. Also, the fact that it seems so difficult to talk to or get any great warmth out of many of the young generation I encounter. And some of the young ladies at work are so thick anyway that they would go out or talk more with a grossly overweight gorilla then a nice handsome chap like me.

I also hate the ladette culture where they get drunk and make a nuisance of themselves on the street. If you walk the other way or get annoyed with their antics they get abusive. Also, they have to be so loud.
DCat
Super User
Super User

Post by DCat »

With you on the school run thing, Jon. The Leicester Mercury has a name and shame cmapaign going at the moment, naming schools which have the biggest problem. The only trouble is, the parents take the 'who are you to tell me...' line if the school says something. A policeman or Traffic Warden turns up for a few days and the problem is solved, but then, when they've gone elsewhere, the cars come back.

While I appreciate that there are some parents for whom driving their kids to school is the only option, as you say, the majority of them live within five minutes' walk away. it only takes a small adjustment to the day to resolve the problem.

OK, rant over. Back to Room 101

Definitely Barry Scott!
AKA Delilah - Founder Member of 'The Mothers'

Sponsored by Kleenex
Kinoulton
Super User
Super User

Post by Kinoulton »

People who want me to drive at over 30 mph through the village.

What's the matter with these people? Some of them are mothers, for heaven's sake.

One woman in Kinoulton has so many children that she has to have one of those 29 seater people carrier things and yet she still wants to hurl the thing down the main street at warp factor 2. Does she not care that if you hit a child at 40 mph it has almost no chance of survival?
Kicks and scrums and ruck and roll.....Is all my brain and body need!
dailywaffle
Super User
Super User

Post by dailywaffle »

BelperJon wrote:11. That annoying red dot that keeps popping up on Sky TV whilst I’m trying to record a rugby match.
BJ, sorry if you already know this, but you can get rid of that red dot (or at least time it out).

System setup - picture settings - set 'on-screen icon timeout' to 'on' and save.

Ever since I did that I have had much less red spotitis !
Ashby Rock Chick
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Ashby Rock Chick »

Cornish Tiger wrote:rabbits

slugs

pheasants

pigeons

sigh
Oh and men with hairy armpits that wear vest tops and stretch a lot. Yuk yuk yuk. Men should shave their pits in summer, please. I'm 5ft 3. It hits me at eye (and nose) level.
Ha ha, those poor rabbits are getting it again!! Put beer down for slugs, it really works. Sink a small tub in the ground with a top on it and cut some largish holes in it. It will be full of floating slugs next day.

I agree with pigeons though. I'm sick of trying not to crash my car when the :censored: things are on the road. :P

Yes, men should shave their pits too.

Strong aftershaves and perfumes should get it too..... ! :evil:
You gotta fight for your right to .... PARTY!
Ashby Rock Chick
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

and people who think they are superior. normally the most narrow-minded, ignorant people.[/quote]

Therese a lot of them about!! :?
Last edited by Ashby Rock Chick on Thu Jul 13, 2006 2:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kinoulton
Super User
Super User

Post by Kinoulton »

Adults who openly drop litter in the streets.

It's unblievable.
dailywaffle
Super User
Super User

Post by dailywaffle »

We were at a McDonalds the other day. A couple were parked next to the bin, eating their (not as good as KFC or Burger King !) meal, when the chap threw all the rubbish, styrofoam containers etc out of his window onto the floor ...... next to the bin. Incredible.

Mrs Waffle, all 4 ' 10 " of her, marched over, picked it up and gave it him back. A woman not to be crossed ! He drove off without a word (probably to throw it all out again, mind).
Kinoulton
Super User
Super User

Post by Kinoulton »

dailywaffle wrote:We were at a McDonalds the other day. A couple were parked next to the bin, eating their (not as good as KFC or Burger King !) meal, when the chap threw all the rubbish, styrofoam containers etc out of his window onto the floor ...... next to the bin. Incredible.

Mrs Waffle, all 4 ' 10 " of her, marched over, picked it up and gave it him back. A woman not to be crossed ! He drove off without a word (probably to throw it all out again, mind).
I think Mrs Waffle deserves an OBE. And maybe you need a knighthood for living with her! :lol:
Ashby Rock Chick
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

SPIKE@srufc wrote:90. The muppet who changed Jif to Cif
91. Similar muppet who changed marathons to snickers
92. And the one who changed Opel Fruits to Starburst
93. Cillit Bang and the muppet who advertises it.
94. The engineer who 'promised' to fit my new cooker this morning and service the central heating who hasn't turned up and seems to have lost the ability to use and answer his mobile. (Not the only thing he's lost - like the change to ever work for me again.........)
95. The logistic company who planned the first delivery of the day from 1.5 miles away which still took til after lunch to get here!!!!!!!

More to come...............................
Hey Spike darling, my counselling session is on a Thursday. Would you like to come with me, you might get it all off your chest ??? :P :lol: :D :o
Last edited by Ashby Rock Chick on Thu Jul 13, 2006 2:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kinoulton
Super User
Super User

Post by Kinoulton »

Can I have a turn on your couch as well please?
Ashby Rock Chick
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

simon redshaw wrote:A very big list there Jon! You are putting much of Today's ills right with that list.

I hate it when you smile at someone and they refuse to smile back. Being happy makes someone else much more at ease. Also, the fact that it seems so difficult to talk to or get any great warmth out of many of the young generation I encounter. And some of the young ladies at work are so thick anyway that they would go out or talk more with a grossly overweight gorilla then a nice handsome chap like me.

I also hate the ladette culture where they get drunk and make a nuisance of themselves on the street. If you walk the other way or get annoyed with their antics they get abusive. Also, they have to be so loud.
Well said Simon, I agree with all of yours although I think the lad culture is just as bad. I got my bum groped at once by a lad who was in a group whilst I was withdrawing cash in Ashby. I was stunned at first then got myself together and ran after him and kicked his bum as hard as I could. His mates all laughed but I was furious.

I blame it allon computers and stuff. Most (and I say MOST here) teenagers find it hard to mumble "hello" let alone anything else these days. Even a smile costs nothing.

So all miserable so and so's are off through the gates of hell into Room 101. :lol:
Ashby Rock Chick
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Kinoulton wrote:Can I have a turn on your couch as well please?
Sorry Kinny, pay for your own counsellor my couch is a single !!!!
Last edited by Ashby Rock Chick on Thu Jul 13, 2006 3:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.
SPIKE@srufc
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by SPIKE@srufc »

Ashby Rock Chick wrote:More to come...............................
Hey Spike darling, my counselling session is on a Thursday. Would you like to come with me??? :P :lol: :D :o

Hey ARC,

Haven't yet meet a counsellor who would want me to deal with............

But thanks for the offer!!! :)

Having spent far to long recruiting people with those silly tests I've learnt how to change personnally traits which is really fun with counsellors. I normally stick with the grumpy old(ish) man one which seems to fit well. :wink: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :twisted:
SPIKE

It's not the winning or losing but the taking apart which matters.
DCat
Super User
Super User

Post by DCat »

Raspberry pips - great for making new raspberries, but not for getting stuck in my teeth.

ARC - I'd have done more that kick his bum - if I'd moved fast enough, I'd have decked him!
AKA Delilah - Founder Member of 'The Mothers'

Sponsored by Kleenex