Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Scott1
Super User
Super User

Re: 6 Nations 2022

Post by Scott1 »

What a kick by Hogg!
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

The top 4 in the world pulling away now,England a sorry 5th place at present. Probably beat France now 😂
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
Wayne Richardson Fan Club
Super User
Super User

Post by Wayne Richardson Fan Club »

Worst bit of foul play in the game POMs knees to Graham's head..

The TMO had a shocker, only Barnes & Nigel before are prepared to say nope on a regular basis to the TMO.

Both 7's really good.
To win is not as important as playing with style!
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

So England would need to lose by 46 points if my maths are correct to not finish 3rd
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
Tykger

Post by Tykger »

Rugbygramps wrote: Sat Mar 19, 2022 4:53 pm
Tykger wrote: Sat Mar 19, 2022 4:40 pm
Rugbygramps wrote: Sat Mar 19, 2022 4:23 pm

Fantastic by Adams well done. It has always surprised me that they do motm so early especially in a game where a try for the other side wins it. Jiffy sounded a bit uncertain
If I was the Italian full back I'd have said keep it. It's not Adams job to give out MOM. It's the job of the patronizing arrogant little BBC commentator that made of himself. Adams was trying to save his blushes and take the high ground. Sorry Adams, go sulk..leave the Italians to enjoy their moment of victory
Up for the award as daftest post of the year. Jiffy had to make the announcement then wasn’t his fault and was a good call with Adams, which then announced to the crowd. They could hardly reverse the decision after that, hence my comment re waiting for the final whistle
He doesn't though. That's the point. He is quite at liberty to say he is reserving judgement on MOM until the final whistle as the game is close and there are still opportunities. JD does not strike me as being unable to push back at the production teams request for MOM with 3 minutes to go.
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

Tykger wrote: Sat Mar 19, 2022 7:29 pm

If I was the Italian full back I'd have said keep it. It's not Adams job to give out MOM. It's the job of the patronizing arrogant little BBC commentator that made of himself. Adams was trying to save his blushes and take the high ground. Sorry Adams, go sulk..leave the Italians to enjoy their moment of victory
Up for the award as daftest post of the year. Jiffy had to make the announcement then wasn’t his fault and was a good call with Adams, which then announced to the crowd. They could hardly reverse the decision after that, hence my comment re waiting for the final whistle
He doesn't though. That's the point. He is quite at liberty to say he is reserving judgement on MOM until the final whistle as the game is close and there are still opportunities. JD does not strike me as being unable to push back at the production teams request for MOM with 3 minutes to go.
Naive at best the tv crew and the ground authorities want an early announcement. But you keep thinking that if that’s what you believe
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

As great as he was as a player Sir Johnny of Wilkinson is hard work to listen to.Very intense,too deep for me ,Dallaglio looks wired 😂
wigworth
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by wigworth »

Tykger wrote: Sat Mar 19, 2022 7:29 pm

A couple weeks ago in the England Wales match Dallaglio did push back and would not name a motm until the result was pretty much final with only a few seconds to go.
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

I take both your points but that was a 3 point game I believe.
Let me rephrase it that it is highly unusual to delay the naming of the potm.

I still think that Tygker’s post was unnecessarily offensive especially towards Jiffy.
Old Hob
Super User
Super User

Post by Old Hob »

I do not know why a player on the losing side may not be man of the match. It may be through his brilliant play he saved his team from a thrashing and scored as well.
Omnia dicta fortiora si dicta Latina
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

Couple of interesting decisions early doors fro Piper
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

So easy!
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

Too many penalties being coughed up
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Junior rugby tactics,embarrassing!
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Well done TMO,and what was you all saying earlier about them?!