RWC 2023 Fixtures and results

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Scott1
Super User
Super User

Re: RWC 2023 Fixtures and results

Post by Scott1 »

Well done Wales,goodbye Eddie! Let’s hope The Lions tour isn’t too tempting for McKellar,personally if it was me and I was offered the job I’d take it. Coaching a team against The Lions is the pinnacle of coaching ,watch this space!
Last edited by Scott1 on Sun Sep 24, 2023 9:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Jimmy Skitz wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2023 9:47 pm
Jimmy Skitz wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2023 8:21 pm Biggar off injured early, that could be a game changer
welp, safe to say this had very little impact in the end, demolition job by Wales, how can Eddie survive this?
He won’t!
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

Darc Tiger wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2023 9:49 pm That is an absolute humiliation
And after that I can't wait for Australia vs Portugal
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
Tykger

Post by Tykger »

Desperate times for Aussie RU. I understand that it's a long way behind Cricket, RL, Aussie rules. How far behind soccer and tennis too ???
ads
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by ads »

Why would Japan want EJ now. He's not a good coach anymore.
Big Dai
Super User
Super User

Post by Big Dai »

For all the Welsh guitarists tuning up this morning.

Eddie's
Australia
Defeated
Good
Bye
Eddie
Exile Wigstonite living in Wales.
Poet laureate of the "One Eyed Turk".
Bar stool philosopher in the "Wilted Daffodil"
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

Australian rugby has been in a bad state for quite a while...........only 6 wins in the last 23 games apparently
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Michael Hooper has jumped to Eddie's defence,what a guy! :smt038
ay2oh
Super User
Super User

Post by ay2oh »

I’ve never seen an Australian team looking so devoid of attacking ideas and lacking in basic skills. Looks like England will probably be playing Fiji in the quarters now which is going to be a hard game.
A2O
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

ay2oh wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2023 8:56 am I’ve never seen an Australian team looking so devoid of attacking ideas and lacking in basic skills. Looks like England will probably be playing Fiji in the quarters now which is going to be a hard game.
Tight game but would hope England will have enough now they’ve found some form. Wales v Argentina will be a close call too. Argentina have to find some form eventually
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

ay2oh wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2023 8:56 am I’ve never seen an Australian team looking so devoid of attacking ideas and lacking in basic skills. Looks like England will probably be playing Fiji in the quarters now which is going to be a hard game.
Very tough game,especially now Fiji have added the nuts and bolts to their game. Need to step up another level again
GB72
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by GB72 »

I suspect that Jones will be going nowhere unless he walks to take another job.

He was, if i recall, given a long term contract and there is no way that the Australian union pay that out in full.

Just listening to the post match interviews yesterday, it all came across as 'I may not be good enough but I am not going to walk away or say anything stupid enough to give you grounds for dismissal'.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

GB72 wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2023 10:07 am I suspect that Jones will be going nowhere unless he walks to take another job.

He was, if i recall, given a long term contract and there is no way that the Australian union pay that out in full.

Just listening to the post match interviews yesterday, it all came across as 'I may not be good enough but I am not going to walk away or say anything stupid enough to give you grounds for dismissal'.
If the Oz RFU gave him a contract without a group stage elimination break clause then I don’t know what to say!
GB72
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by GB72 »

Scott1 wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2023 10:11 am
GB72 wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2023 10:07 am I suspect that Jones will be going nowhere unless he walks to take another job.

If the Oz RFU gave him a contract without a group stage elimination break clause then I don’t know what to say!
Sadly the rugby authorities are not exactly known globally for their skill and wisdom when handing out contracts.
Cagey Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Cagey Tiger »

Scott1 wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2023 10:11 am

Come on Scotty, you always have something to say :smt003 :smt002