RWC 2023 Fixtures and results

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

ads
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: RWC 2023 Fixtures and results

Post by ads »

Scott1 wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 4:24 pm How embarrassing, tragic that they were desperate to get the highest score ever.
Thought the same, little bit pathetic in these conditions, just kick it off the field.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

wigworth wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 4:24 pm
Scott1 wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 4:17 pm I just see this being a big mistake. Would SA,NZ or France gone full bore? I doubt it. And like I've always said there's a very fine line between being battle hardened and shopworn. Tonga next week which they will go full bore then SA then Scotland. I have a funny feeling this is gonna come back to bite Ireland badly
They are in their own head so much about world cups I sure at this point it is just self sabotage.
Yep, egos are out of control! This is gonna bite them bad,when they are leggy in the QF. I could be wrong, they might build nicely. But with this weather today and the fact they would've won comfortably with their second team I just don't see the need for it and like I said no other team would've done it
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
wigworth
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by wigworth »

Can't say I am a fan of the virtual background ITV are using, looks pretty cheap and ugly to me.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

wigworth wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 4:52 pm Can't say I am a fan of the virtual background ITV are using, looks pretty cheap and ugly to me.
They using crowd noise too?
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
Dr H Flashman MBE
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Dr H Flashman MBE »

Scott1 wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 3:19 pm Sexton scores a try and he's still rolling around he floor moaning :smt005
He is World class, but I didn’t see any new rule saying that you can’t tackle a player trying to score a try if they are world class? Just came across as slightly petulant. The commentators were sycophants of the highest order. I get you can only beat what is put in front of you, but they destroyed Romania, not a tier one nation.
There is never any points for 2nd place...
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Dr H Flashman MBE wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 5:22 pm
Scott1 wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 3:19 pm Sexton scores a try and he's still rolling around he floor moaning :smt005
He is World class, but I didn’t see any new rule saying that you can’t tackle a player trying to score a try if they are world class? Just came across as slightly petulant. The commentators were sycophants of the highest order. I get you can only beat what is put in front of you, but they destroyed Romania, not a tier one nation.
Yes,the commentary was cringe! Sexton is a great player, just a shame that his attitude and on field personality let's him down. I can't speak for him off field ,he might be different
wigworth
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by wigworth »

Scott1 wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 5:10 pm
wigworth wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 4:52 pm Can't say I am a fan of the virtual background ITV are using, looks pretty cheap and ugly to me.
They using crowd noise too?
No, not for the cheesy looking Paris rooftop background.
Dr H Flashman MBE
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Dr H Flashman MBE »

Scott1 wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 5:24 pm
Dr H Flashman MBE wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 5:22 pm
Yes,the commentary was cringe! Sexton is a great player, just a shame that his attitude and on field personality let's him down. I can't speak for him off field ,he might be different
Like the modern day David Campese.…utter marmite.
There is never any points for 2nd place...
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

I have to admit I never expected Georgia to be this bad!
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Thought Pearce took an age to stop play then ,double knee. Hope he's OK!
Darc Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Darc Tiger »

Scott1 wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 5:39 pm I have to admit I never expected Georgia to be this bad!
Their form hasn't been great since those big T1 wins
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

We've fallen that far that it's a RWC England game and I'm not even nervous,no butterflies nothing. Sad really
wigworth
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by wigworth »

Chris Foy reporting that there is a bit of a crush going on at one of the entrances to the game.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

wigworth wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 7:37 pm Chris Foy reporting that there is a bit of a crush going on at one of the entrances to the game.
Hope everyone is OK!
Greenwhiteandred
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Greenwhiteandred »

Scott1 wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 7:13 pm We've fallen that far that it's a RWC England game and I'm not even nervous,no butterflies nothing. Sad really
Just nervous about how bad it’s going to be - Argies by 10 for me