Team up v Munster!

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Seal
Top Cat
Top Cat

Re: Team up v Munster!

Post by Seal »

Kitto is the only fit back in the ERCC squad that could be playing and isn't.
MrPartridge
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Team for Saturday v Munster...ideas??

Post by MrPartridge »

Wasn't overly optimistic and feeling the same way now the team is up if I'm honest. Would prefer Hamilton at 8... a big test for Roberts and Worth. Good luck to them.

Of course we'll get a reaction after last week. We'll come out fired up and the crowd will be looking for anything to latch onto. Time for the big name players like the Youngs, Manu, Williams, Slater etc to step up and save RC his job (if the rumours are to be believed!).

Is that team good enough? IMHO Not if Munster play to 80% of their level last week. Plus I suspect they'll bring plenty of fans with them for this.

Going to be fascinating to see: 1) what tactics we employ and how we deal with their inevitable aerial threat, 2) the attendance and 3) the general mood and atmosphere inside WR.

One things for certain: it has got to be better than last week. Give us a performance before Christmas eh lads!
MrPartridge
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by MrPartridge »

Be good if mods could merge this thread with the other re: tomorrow's game... :smt001
Iain
Super User
Super User

Post by Iain »

Seal wrote:Kitto is the only fit back in the ERCC squad that could be playing and isn't.
Wow, put like that it really strikes home how bad our injury crisis suddenly became.

I can't see how it's possibly the fault of the club, but this is, what, four years in a row of crippling injury lists? How the hell does this happen and how do you legislate for it!?
Doghashadhisday
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Doghashadhisday »

Iain wrote:
Seal wrote:Kitto is the only fit back in the ERCC squad that could be playing and isn't.
Wow, put like that it really strikes home how bad our injury crisis suddenly became.

I can't see how it's possibly the fault of the club, but this is, what, four years in a row of crippling injury lists? How the hell does this happen and how do you legislate for it!?
Simple answer Iain is that we cant legislate for it. Instead of the usual negativity I think we have to ride out the storm and look forward to brighter red white and green future. Merry Christmas to you :smt030
Iain
Super User
Super User

Post by Iain »

Doghashadhisday wrote:
Iain wrote:

Simple answer Iain is that we cant legislate for it. Instead of the usual negativity I think we have to ride out the storm and look forward to brighter red white and green future. Merry Christmas to you :smt030
Regular posters will know I am usually revoltingly optimistic in my support :smt023

Now let's go all in for three bonus point wins in our last three pool games and get ourselves a quarter final :smt026
Doghashadhisday
Gold Member
Gold Member

Iain wrote:
Regular posters will know I am usually revoltingly optimistic in my support :smt023

Now let's go all in for three bonus point wins in our last three pool games and get ourselves a quarter final :smt026
Hope you didnt get me wrong Iain, I wasn't suggesting you are one of the negative one's - quite the opposite. You did sound a bit like Ellis9 with that last sentence but I am there on that one with you :smt026
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Post by strawclearer »

Doghashadhisday wrote:
Iain wrote:

Hope you didnt get me wrong Iain, I wasn't suggesting you are one of the negative one's - quite the opposite. You did sound a bit like Ellis9 with that last sentence but I am there on that one with you :smt026
:smt023 ..ditto. Never say never!
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Wear a Mask>Protect The NHS>Save Lives
Seal
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by Seal »

The injury crisis is particularly concentrated in the back line this season, and many are simply things that happen in games when players are putting their bodies on the line (Burns, Tait, Veainu, Barrow, Catchpole?). Others are just unlucky in the case of Toomua.
TomWeston
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by TomWeston »

Noddy555 wrote:Thanks Wormus, living in Derby I don't get the Leicester Mercury but the rticle just underlines what a fine mess we've got ourselves into. I'm fearful that the 1/33 will become 2/34.
You are being misled. It's already 2/33. I remember our losing to Toulouse in the 2004/5 semis. I've still got the SF flag from the Edinburgh final, having assumed foolishly that we would be there and bought my ticket/flights/accommodation.

Good job Edinburgh is well worth a visit. Next year? I don't want to be disappointed again!
Hot_Charlie
Super User
Super User

Post by Hot_Charlie »

MrPartridge wrote:Wasn't overly optimistic and feeling the same way now the team is up if I'm honest. Would prefer Hamilton at 8... a big test for Roberts and Worth. Good luck to them.
Great opportunity for the development of Worth. This run of games could be the making of him; what better test than Saints, Munster, Exeter, Saracens then Wasps. He has the potential to put himself in the box seat to make the 15 shirt his own by the 17/18 season (at last, a full back who can kick!).

I wonder if we'll see Hamilton and McCaffrey interchanging between 6 and 8?
Doghashadhisday
Gold Member
Gold Member

TomWeston wrote:
Noddy555 wrote:Thanks Wormus, living in Derby I don't get the Leicester Mercury but the rticle just underlines what a fine mess we've got ourselves into. I'm fearful that the 1/33 will become 2/34.
You are being misled. It's already 2/33. I remember our losing to Toulouse in the 2004/5 semis. I've still got the SF flag from the Edinburgh final, having assumed foolishly that we would be there and bought my ticket/flights/accommodation.

Good job Edinburgh is well worth a visit. Next year? I don't want to be disappointed again!
Wsn't that at the Crisp Bowl, I am sure I was there!. That doesnt count. Ellis9 probably means at WR
GS
Super User
Super User

Post by GS »

MrPartridge wrote:Of course we'll get a reaction after last week. We'll come out fired up and the crowd will be looking for anything to latch onto. Time for the big name players like the Youngs, Manu, Williams, Slater etc to step up and save RC his job (if the rumours are to be believed!).

Is that team good enough? IMHO Not if Munster play to 80% of their level last week. Plus I suspect they'll bring plenty of fans with them for this.
I doubt you'll see many Munster fans pitchside, they'll be busy trying to buy a beer in one of the bars and then being stunned at the price. :smt030

What Munster will bring with them is the 'Foley effect'. He died prior to a European Cup game and I can see them wanting the cup as a tribute/memorial to him. I'm not sure the 'Cockers Effect' has the same affect on our team.

A big game in so many ways..........
Opportunities always look bigger going than coming.
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

Munster fans wont be disgusted by the price as they are used to high guinness prices in Ireland but they will certainly be disgusted with the quality and god help that Everard's black rubbish! :smt022
MrPartridge
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by MrPartridge »

Not good news that Glasgow outclassed Racing last night to move to 3 wins. Missed out on TBP but not the result we needed.

Austin said in the 2nd half commentary that he thought Munster could get TBP win at Welford Rd.

Looked at odds this morning and for all on here noting Tigers at 6/4 is value... looks like the money hasn't followed as we now 7/4. Hills have us shortest at 11/8, 8/13 Munster. I think if your backing Tigers: 1 to 12 points margin at 11/4 with Sporting Bet is the one to be on.