Tigers v Quins

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

tigercaspian
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Tigers v Quins

Post by tigercaspian »

fortysix wrote:I thought our 2nd XV did very well to beat their 2nd XV---so stop bl**dy moaning !!!
Burns was immense, Tait and Thompstone were very good, and the forwards outplayed theirs, most of the time
Good 4 points, cannot complain at that..

But seeing Sale on TV, why did we swop Brady for Paolo ?????!!!!!!!
And absolutely no disrespect to Tom, .. age before beauty ?
Yet again Tombstone put in his shift. He performs week in week out.
voice of the crumbie
Super User
Super User

Post by voice of the crumbie »

There was some poor Tigers execution in finishing off attacks. Twice a 2 man overlap was ignored. All we needed to do was move the ball along the line and these would have been walk ins.

However, notwithstanding our own shortcomings, we would have scored a lot more points if the ref had done his job correctly! 8 Quins offences in their 22 and no yellow card! Basically every time we got near their line they infringed and apart from the resulting penalties received no real sanction. Not the right message to send to infringing teams in my opinion. A couple of sin-binings and I'm sure we could have stretched the Quins defence sufficiently to score more tries. Quite frankly the ref had a poor game throughout.
Tigers for the premiership and European Cup. Get behind the team and make some noise!!
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Post by strawclearer »

jgriffin wrote:
fortysix wrote:I thought our 2nd XV did very well to beat their 2nd XV---so stop bl**dy moaning !!!
Burns was immense, Tait and Thompstone were very good, and the forwards outplayed theirs, most of the time

We didn't swap, Odugwu left for reasons some have alluded to, not his playing.
Not that much age - Tom Brady may have a few 'blond highlights' but, at 25, he's actually 4 years younger than Adam Thompstone!
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Wear a Mask>Protect The NHS>Save Lives
Doghashadhisday
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Doghashadhisday »

strawclearer wrote:
jgriffin wrote:

We didn't swap, Odugwu left for reasons some have alluded to, not his playing.
Not that much age - Tom Brady may have a few 'blond highlights' but, at 25, he's actually 4 years younger than Adam Thompstone!
Brady just looks old
Spicer
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Spicer »

Thompstone really is a very good player, maybe not as exciting in attack as some, but I never see him having a poor game very often. Burns, despite the odd wayward kicks, is much improved as well.
It wasn't a pretty game, or even a good one in fact, but we pulled through. We quite easily won despite being extremely nonclinical in the opponents half. :smt038 :smt041
wormus
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by wormus »

voice of the crumbie wrote:There was some poor Tigers execution in finishing off attacks. Twice a 2 man overlap was ignored. All we needed to do was move the ball along the line and these would have been walk ins.

However, notwithstanding our own shortcomings, we would have scored a lot more points if the ref had done his job correctly! 8 Quins offences in their 22 and no yellow card! Basically every time we got near their line they infringed and apart from the resulting penalties received no real sanction. Not the right message to send to infringing teams in my opinion. A couple of sin-binings and I'm sure we could have stretched the Quins defence sufficiently to score more tries. Quite frankly the ref had a poor game throughout.
Agreed, big forward pass by Quins, ball in touch on the 25 - flag up, played on and Quins get a penalty. There were many times I felt the Referee was guessing & lost the plot, I feel he needs a senior Assistant Referee on the touch to tutor him more otherwise it's back to his chemistry set. :smt045
Noddy555
Super User
Super User

Post by Noddy555 »

That was a good workman like win today with both teams missing many star names. Now let's follow this up with a bonus point win against Bristol on Friday when 1st teamers like Youngs, Cole, Petersen & Veianu should be back from International duty. Should we get the 5 points and other results go our way we cpuld find ourselves only 2 points behind 3rd spot in the league. But can someone in our coaching staff probably Cockers as he was a hooker take Tom Youngs aside and teach him how to throw properly how to throw into a line out. It was also notable that the line out deteriorated rapidly when Croft was injured and replaced, Please say it's just a niggle and pray he'll be fit for Friday.
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

All the international players are still going to be unavailable for Bristol.....South Africa and Tonga have got games next weekend!
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
wardy
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by wardy »

Noddy555 wrote:That was a good workman like win today with both teams missing many star names. Now let's follow this up with a bonus point win against Bristol on Friday when 1st teamers like Youngs, Cole, Petersen & Veianu should be back from International duty. Should we get the 5 points and other results go our way we cpuld find ourselves only 2 points behind 3rd spot in the league. But can someone in our coaching staff probably Cockers as he was a hooker take Tom Youngs aside and teach him how to throw properly how to throw into a line out. It was also notable that the line out deteriorated rapidly when Croft was injured and replaced, Please say it's just a niggle and pray he'll be fit for Friday.
A 'niggle' Noddy!! He failed an HIA. Hardly a niggle and a compulsory rest is assured under the protocol.
Give blood, play rugby!!
drc_007
Super User
Super User

Post by drc_007 »

Noddy555 wrote: It was also notable that the line out deteriorated rapidly when Croft was injured and replaced, Please say it's just a niggle and pray he'll be fit for Friday.
I'm not sure why you think it was a niggle, he went off for a head injury assessment and failed it. Only 5 day turnaround for next match so will be unavailable?
Bunchy
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Bunchy »

Injury updates
Caught up with Mike Williams, Matt Toomua and Manu yesterday
MW will be back for Munster home game - the injury was a disturbance of the hole where the screw was removed in August and is healing well.
Manu will be back for Saints or Munster - he hopes Saints. He starts full contact this week.
Matt is going well and has not written the season off - he thinks it could be March when he returns although there is a long way to go.
Less is more....
voice of the crumbie
Super User
Super User

Post by voice of the crumbie »

Tigerbeat wrote:All the international players are still going to be unavailable for Bristol.....South Africa and Tonga have got games next weekend!
Cole and Youngs also unavailable for Saints as England v Aus is on the same day. Having said that it means Saints could be without Hartley, Lawes, Wood and Harrison though Picamoles will have returned.
Bunchy wrote:Injury updates
Caught up with Mike Williams, Matt Toomua and Manu yesterday
MW will be back for Munster home game - the injury was a disturbance of the hole where the screw was removed in August and is healing well.
Manu will be back for Saints or Munster - he hopes Saints. He starts full contact this week.
Matt is going well and has not written the season off - he thinks it could be March when he returns although there is a long way to go.
Thanks Bunchy. Let's hope these assessments are correct.
Tigers for the premiership and European Cup. Get behind the team and make some noise!!
wormus
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by wormus »

drc_007 wrote:
Noddy555 wrote: It was also notable that the line out deteriorated rapidly when Croft was injured and replaced, Please say it's just a niggle and pray he'll be fit for Friday.
I'm not sure why you think it was a niggle, he went off for a head injury assessment and failed it. Only 5 day turnaround for next match so will be unavailable?
Unfortunately Noddy gets his "Team information" from his numerous worldwide friends and does not read the factual earlier posts from knowledgeable Tigers.
Mulipola is in the Samoa squad V Canada on Friday 25th, JPP may play in the Wales v South Africa on 26th, and Telusa Veianu in the Tongan squad Italy v Tonga on Saturday 26th too. However will Genge rejoin the England squad for the Argentine match? - He could be in the 23 or if not he will be needed against his old team so hopefully no "departure niggles" will light his fuse!! There will be a shortage of top class props with Marcus injured and unsure of Rizzo.
Iain
Super User
Super User

Post by Iain »

I'm sure Genge won't be joining up with England, so that helps. But we are thin on the ground for looseheads. I suspect Bateman's versatility will cover this.
Clowbeck
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by Clowbeck »

Kitto was frustrating to watch yesterday, he must have OCD! Pointing out every suspect infringement in a ruck to the ref or screaming for props to cover his flanks before distributing ball. This behavior gave us no impetus, what a difference when Harrison came on. I dont think Kitto is a natural 9, and certainly isnt ready for so much APL exposure.