The Celtic League and its profile

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Lansdowne RFC
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Lansdowne RFC »

Ah but Orla, you were not there on Black Sunday.....

I think what Orla and Bill are sadly missing out on is that while you can comment on that match, or the stereotypical Leinster fan, or how we bottle it when it really matters, but one undeniable truth about Leinster is; we play the BEST BRAND OF RUGBY IN EUROPE. Call us inferior? Or lady-boys? Or bottlers?..... Okay, off you go.
But saying watching anything is better than leinster is an alarmingly dissillusioned statement. Not even Toulouse can play rugby like we do. No one scores more tries domestically or on the continent, and no other side has the nerve or the gutsy to just go from under their own posts..... Hell yeah it might be high risk, and it mightn't have won us anything last season, but my God is it heads up, exciting, and supremely positive.

Munster's best try of 2005-06 was the David Wallace clincher v Sale. An importantant try, true, but a thing of beauty? No. They (or Leicester) can not throw together anything like the BOD, Horgan or Hickie tries v Toulouse. Or that Kearney masterclass v Bourgoin.

Munster aside, because they won something last season, but of the Leinster and Leicester seasons, how could any fan say they'd prefer to watch what Leicester play, compared to what Leinster play?

And interestingly, the most exciting back line player at Leicester would NOT even be secured a place in the Leinster back line
orla - mumha abú!
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by orla - mumha abú! »

you are full of **** sometimes.

sorry iain, it needed to be said!
to the brave and faithful nothing is impossible

European Champions 2006!
Bill W
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W »

Well, the supposed best brand of Rugby in Europe has never got you into an ERC final let alone enabbled you to lift the title

Toulouse on the other hand have lifted in three times and Tigers twice!
orla - mumha abú!
Gold Member
Gold Member

but at least its pretty rugby bill. sure thats all that matters! :wink:

European Champions 2006!
Bill W
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W »

Pretty???

You are pretty.

Gavin Henson may be pretty.

Rugby is not supposed to be pretty!!
westy154
Super User
Super User

Post by westy154 »

All other things being equal I would rather watch Toulouse than anyone else in Europe (Tigers excepted of course).
Bill W
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W »

I think I likely share those sentiments westy.
adamv6
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by adamv6 »

The celtic league is pants, end of.

You can close the thread now :)
JGriffin - "The outright winner was the ref who blew himself inside out."
http://incoherenttwaddle.blogspot.com/
orla - mumha abú!
Gold Member
Gold Member

gavin henson is not pretty!

sometimes leinster are great to watch, but more often than not i would rather watch toulouse.

European Champions 2006!
Bill W
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W »

Well I got two out of three right then!!
orla - mumha abú!
Gold Member
Gold Member

i'll go with that!

European Champions 2006!
Bill W
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W »

Sacre Bleu!!! Two out of three! I'm winning!!
Shedman

Post by Shedman »

playing good rugby does not win tournaments and that can be extended to soccer like we saw in the world cup.

Leinster are so full of cr*p sometimes.

they dont even deserved to be mentioned in the same league as Leicester,munster,toulouse etc.

these teams had what it took to take it all.

leinster had a chance in 2003 but the plonkers blew a home semi final against perpignan and they were ensured a home final at lansdowne but never made it

munster have been in 3 finals, won the celtic league and cup more recent than leinster so why dont ye just take a hike.

besides the chants directed at leinster should be

'ye have no fowards' except for 37 year old reggie . lol
Shedman is gone. Shedman is gone
Lansdowne RFC
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Lansdowne RFC »

Oh you're all different on this MB Orla? You said yourself last season that we play rugby that's so far above Munster.

And, it was an Englishman (Miles Harrison on Sky Sports) who said last season while watching Leinster "it's just like watching Brazil"

Boy from Gloucester, look how big and brave you are ranting about Leinster. Yeah, we blew the 2003 semi-final against Perpignan, but do you know what's it's like to see your side play in the semi-final of the HEC? Not once, or twice, but 3 times?

Tell ya what person with an unhealthy obsession for a slab of glorifyed concrete, when you know what's like to smash the then European Champions away in the QF of the HEC, then we talk. Until then, leave this conversation to the people who follow sides who have gone further than "also-ran" in Europe.
Oh, and yeah they've won those more recently than ourselves, but we did have the honour of beating them 24-20 in the final for our first CL in 2001. Not a bad victory when you consider we had Eric Miller sent off after 30 mins.

Yep, we don't have great forwards. But I never heard anyone from Leinster say we do. Have you? We do, however, have the countries most capped forward, and player. And Jamie Heaslip is a million times better than James Forrester.
And what of James Simpson Daniel? Haha haha.... Oh what a wash-up! Alarmingly over-rated because he 'once' tricked Lomu. I'm sure Shane Horgan is cr*pping himself
Gate
Super User
Super User

Post by Gate »

*Ahem* Magners League Table looks rather nice and shiny just now, I must say. Read 'em and weep.