6 NATIONS 2021

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Nofrontteeth
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Re: 6 NATIONS 2021

Post by Nofrontteeth »

A variation on the theme and across current topics.
Clubs lose key players to international bubbles for weeks. Those players get a 'disciplinary ' if they break the bubble even for a waffle yet:
What bubble are refs/touches/TMO's live in? They flit continously between clubs, there clic and national bubbles. They :smt017
What monitors/controls are in place for them and ultimately the clubs? Love to see them ref in full bio-suits and standing in a tray of disinfectant.
If rugby was farming and Covid was foot and mouth then where would they slaughter all those infected/contacted persons???

I'll have to stop the alcohol in the morning :smt030
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

Lawes has been replaced by Ribbans.
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

Nofrontteeth wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 10:38 am A variation on the theme and across current topics.
Clubs lose key players to international bubbles for weeks. Those players get a 'disciplinary ' if they break the bubble even for a waffle yet:
What bubble are refs/touches/TMO's live in? They flit continously between clubs, there clic and national bubbles. They :smt017
What monitors/controls are in place for them and ultimately the clubs? Love to see them ref in full bio-suits and standing in a tray of disinfectant.
If rugby was farming and Covid was foot and mouth then where would they slaughter all those infected/contacted persons???

I'll have to stop the alcohol in the morning :smt030
All the Officials have to undergo testing and are monittored. Wayne Barnes is an example where he tested positive and had to self isolate.
All Clubs have red zones allocated in the stadiums and these areas are very restricted and do not allow entry to anyone who has not been tested and screened.
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
Nofrontteeth
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Nofrontteeth »

Thanks Tigerbeat for clarification.
Take care care folks and here's to mixing at the MWWR
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

Joe Heyes into the 6N shadow squad for England.

https://www.therugbypaper.co.uk/latest- ... ssion=true
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
kk20gb30
Super User
Super User

Post by kk20gb30 »

Welsh injury update on Dan Biggar. Kieran Hardy now out for the remainder of the tournement :

https://www.rugbypass.com/news/wales-is ... lf-change/
Seemingly heading rapidly toward senility .....Not long or far to go now , in fact, getting worse daily.....
loretta
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by loretta »

kk20gb30 wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 6:25 am Welsh injury update on Dan Biggar. Kieran Hardy now out for the remainder of the tournement :

https://www.rugbypass.com/news/wales-is ... lf-change/
It won’t matter. The way their luck is going, Italy will get 3 red cards and France will break bubble again and forfeit. Welsh lottery ticket, anyone?
In my defence, I was left unsupervised….
mol2
Super User
Super User

Post by mol2 »

In many ways I wonder if the best outcome would be for England to be tonked by Ireland and France rather than limping along with poor leadership and an unwillingness to accept that sides have to evolve to remain competetive.

Evolution is multifold:
Different players.
Improving players.
Improved game plan.
Improved leadership on and off the field.

Haven't seen much to suggest that any of those are happeneing apart from injury cover and some of the players are simply not as good as they were. The Sarries players being obvious examples, indeed Owen Farrell is seemingly untouchable and for me the biggest limiting factor. Seems to have lost his pace and unable to spark anything and his leadership is not there.
He is not the best fly half in England and shoehorning him int the inside centre berth isn't working.

Jomes seems to have identified his best players and stubbornly shoehorns them into his side, irrrespective of whether they are competent in the position. Daly is not a full back. He is a centre/utility back.
The 7;2 split on the bench stops him from changing tactics if the backs aren't firing other than swapping scrum half.
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

With you there mol2. EJ needs to recognise that regeneration is needed - and I agree that Farrell, Daly etc need to go.
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Yes,it’s mid RWC cycle and time for changes. First Daly has to go,he’s a liability and worth at least 7 points a game to the opposition. Whether we go for a new FB or move Watson there and start Nowell when he’s fit we have to move on. Ford Farrell and Slade is a bust too. Too many Chiefs and not one strike runner. I don’t understand the treatment of Lawrence,why not play him v Italy? Why not try him with Ford in that game? Ford is a better 10 than Farrell,build the backs around him! Youngs is having an Indian summer like his brother but Robson has been shocking,let’s have another look at Spencer. Why wasn’t Odugwu tried,he’s been electric for Wasps,you’re telling me Ford,Lawrence,Odogwu couldn’t be special?!
Pack need freshening up to. Wilson along with Ewels and Hill need to go,solid players but not top level. I understand our second row and back row injuries so will give Eddie a pass on this. Let’s hope Kruis comes back,him and Itoje at their best are the worlds best second row partnership imo. I think Eddie arrogantly believed that he could use the first games to get the Sarries players match fit and it backfired spectacularly. I didn’t agree with LCD getting binned either after the Italy game,I thought he was our best player. He has to stop with the favouritism and making decisions just because he knows it will pee people off which is what I believe he does at times! Thoughts?
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
SthrnTiger

Post by SthrnTiger »

Agree that think Eddie thought (and possibly still thinks) could play the Sarries into form and onto a Lions tour. Then use the summer games to try out new players. Only reason I can think of for not rotating at least a bit for Italy game.

Like most I’m not a fan of Ford-Farrell-Slade and if going to try need at least one power winger.

I’m a big fan of Kruis and think his form
drop off in 2018 then rise back in 2019 had a big impact on England’s.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

SthrnTiger wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 4:46 pm Agree that think Eddie thought (and possibly still thinks) could play the Sarries into form and onto a Lions tour. Then use the summer games to try out new players. Only reason I can think of for not rotating at least a bit for Italy game.

Like most I’m not a fan of Ford-Farrell-Slade and if going to try need at least one power winger.

I’m a big fan of Kruis and think his form
drop off in 2018 then rise back in 2019 had a big impact on England’s.
Who have we got in the summer ST?
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

mol2 wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 9:38 am In many ways I wonder if the best outcome would be for England to be tonked by Ireland and France rather than limping along with poor leadership and an unwillingness to accept that sides have to evolve to remain competetive.

Evolution is multifold:
Different players.
Improving players.
Improved game plan.
Improved leadership on and off the field.

Haven't seen much to suggest that any of those are happeneing apart from injury cover and some of the players are simply not as good as they were. The Sarries players being obvious examples, indeed Owen Farrell is seemingly untouchable and for me the biggest limiting factor. Seems to have lost his pace and unable to spark anything and his leadership is not there.
He is not the best fly half in England and shoehorning him int the inside centre berth isn't working.

Jomes seems to have identified his best players and stubbornly shoehorns them into his side, irrrespective of whether they are competent in the position. Daly is not a full back. He is a centre/utility back.
The 7;2 split on the bench stops him from changing tactics if the backs aren't firing other than swapping scrum half.
I'm not sure if we would win even if we had all 24 on pitch at same time. My apologies for this. :smt052
ourla
Super User
Super User

Post by ourla »

Scott1 wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 4:56 pm Who have we got in the summer ST?
I believe we weren't meant to go to Canada and USA but nothing in the schedule at the moment:

https://www.englandrugby.com/england/se ... nd-results
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

ourla wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 5:17 pm
Scott1 wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 4:56 pm Who have we got in the summer ST?
I believe we weren't meant to go to Canada and USA but nothing in the schedule at the moment:

https://www.englandrugby.com/england/se ... nd-results
Thanks! 👍