Saints v Tigers

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Tomvarndell
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Re: Saints v Tigers

Post by Tomvarndell »

This could get messy. The Rob Horne situation will rally them. We need a massive improvement to even run them close. We’ve just played two very poor sides. Northampton are miles ahead of both of our last two opponents. I’m fearing the worst.
Hot_Charlie
Super User
Super User

Post by Hot_Charlie »

Leicestertinytiger wrote: Fri Oct 05, 2018 3:48 pm
Hot_Charlie wrote: Fri Oct 05, 2018 2:48 pm
Soggypitch wrote: Fri Oct 05, 2018 12:51 pm Interesting to see Holmes at FB . Hope he does well.
Yep. Maybe with one eye on their left winger! It'll be interesting to see how he goes at 15.
Holmes is a quality player and here’s hoping he can do himself justice in that position. Deserves more game time especially over Olowofela.
But playing Olowofela is what everyone was wanting. Anyway, he’s had good game time and probably needs a bit of a rest. I trust GM knows what he’s doing with his Full Backs and whether we might see Olowofela in the 11 shirt next month could be interesting (seeing as GM spent a fair number of years of his apprenticeship on the wing before making the 15 shirt his own).
Goshengareth

Post by Goshengareth »

I fear we will get marmalized. In real need of BOC, Genge and Veainu. Bateman has been unusually off form so far this season - perhaps time for a 50 yard charge to the line.
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

Bateman has had a lot to do. I dont think collective drive has been too strong in general they all seemed flat to me except Ford and Denton
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
MCC1964
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by MCC1964 »

Coops wrote: Fri Oct 05, 2018 1:35 pm
Chobbsy wrote: Fri Oct 05, 2018 1:04 pm
Soggypitch wrote: Fri Oct 05, 2018 12:51 pm Interesting to see Holmes at FB . Hope he does well.

Disappointed still no BOC, we really miss him.

As Ourla says, it's a weak bench but not much choice with the injuries and Toomua/TPN missing.

I have no idea how we will play tomorrow, could be an easy win, bad loss or a very close tussle. Just impossible to tell given our current form and the same can be said for Saints. Just hope we really turn up and fight for everything!!
No BOC nor Telusa :(
I fear a pasting is on the cards. Saints probably more up for this than we are.
I always find these sort of comments interesting. I'd like to see you say that to any of the players face to face.
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

I've always found the few players I've talked to frank and open to discussion, as was Cockers. They don't reveal how they really feel till they leave usually.
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
G.K
Super User
Super User

Post by G.K »

Well I hope it's not another pasting, that could leave us near the bottom of the prem at the end of the first session, not good.
Nowadays referees decide matches, players by how much.
MCC1964
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by MCC1964 »

G.K wrote: Sat Oct 06, 2018 12:04 pm Well I hope it's not another pasting, that could leave us near the bottom of the prem at the end of the first session, not good.
I know what you're saying, but the fact of the matter is we just have to be patient as fans. I've mentioned on other threads what we need now is stability. Too much change kills. We need to give these players and coaches time to get going and time to grow. They play like strangers......because that is in efect what a lot of them are. We get quite alot of individual performances, but not a group peformance. That may mean a season or two not making the top four. Forget about Europe (Heineken) for now. Just accept and live with it. Exeter and Sarries didn't get where they are now overnight.

That being said, this is Saints........
chewbacca
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by chewbacca »

Time for our club to rebuild. Wholesale change from top to bottom required.
I'm not cynical just experienced
Smudger67S
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by Smudger67S »

[quote=I always find these sort of comments interesting. I'd like to see you say that to any of the players face to face.
[/quote]
Perhaps the players need to look a Tiger fan face to face and hear these home truths.
Saints will romp this, don’t think they can get over pumped for this one. Weather closing in at Twickenham, so probably by do Tigers a favour and limit the lose to only a 20 point differential.
Enjoy the day if you can.
If at first you don't succeed .............. then skydiving isnt for you!!!!
WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WhitecapTiger »

Ignoring the goading......

Just announced that Courtney Lawes has withdrawn with a back spasm.

One less thing to think about I guess.
Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

Courtney Lawes pulled out with back spasm. No second row on the bench as Wood comes in.
WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WhitecapTiger »

Saints 10 - 20 Tigers @ HT

But for daftness we would have gone in 5-20. Thought the penalty at lineout that eventually led to their first try was soft too - Hartley doing his all to buy/influence the AR/TJ - never a penalty in my book.

Mostly scrappy from both teams in first half, weather playing a part. Jonah Holmes contributing well to both of our tries.

May off injured. Denton not coming out for second half either - think (not sure) that was HIA right at end of 1st half.

Hope for more of same effort (and outcome) from us in 2nd half.
Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.
Scrum

Post by Scrum »

How many times we kicked the ball away, too many for me. Straight into their hands.
chewbacca
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by chewbacca »

Lineout ! How many unplayable ball scrums to Saints. But defence so much better. Well done Tigers.
Last edited by chewbacca on Sat Oct 06, 2018 4:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'm not cynical just experienced