Merry Christmas everybody.
GS
Super User
Super User

Re: Team for Boxing Day

Post by GS »

TigerCam wrote:
L Smith wrote:
fortysix wrote:Open an account with BET365 for a small amount on line and you can watch it on your TV free , live streaming....
+1 I paid a £5 deposit and watched the Worcester game. Ok,it's in a smallish window but it was fine.
Having said that, Big Dai, there's a compelling argument to leave Marge, Selma & Patti at home, and to get down to WR.
:smt030
I use CricTV
Do you mean http://cricfree.tv? It's OK when you've got rid of the advertising messages but it does rely on the game being on Sky or BT. I'm in a similar situation to BD so might sign up to the bookies (never been in a bookies in my life). That said Radio L do serve up an intriguing mixture of confusion, mystery and occasional bouts of excitement with a hint of information when Bledyn and Johnson are on. The other option is cutting the family adrift and going down the road to the game.

That said if JDV and Manu were on the sheet the latter would be a 'gimme'. Even so, we now have enough talent to make every game enticing and I'm glad to see the mix for the starters and the willingness to keep the squad working for their chance. After the gloom of the last few seasons I feel really excited about the games now.

Disappointed if we don't get the 5pts.

Oh, and Happy Christmas everyone.
Opportunities always look bigger going than coming.
Knightonian

Post by Knightonian »

The stream on 365 is good but they don't have the European games

I do have a lot on fun betting on the first try scorer

Over a season Ben Youngs makes you $
Knightonian

Post by Knightonian »

The stream on 365 is good but they don't have the European games

I do have a lot on fun betting on the first try scorer

Over a season Ben Youngs makes you $
loretta
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by loretta »

GS wrote: That said Radio L do serve up an intriguing mixture of confusion, mystery and occasional bouts of excitement with a hint of information when Bledyn and Johnson are on.
Nicely put. Sometimes, when I hear the highlights after watching a game, I really do struggle to recognise the bits of play they're describing.

As a commentator, Bledyn Jones is an utter buffoon. But he's our buffoon, so that's ok.
In my defence, I was left unsupervised….
Big Dai
Super User
Super User

Post by Big Dai »

Actually Bleddyn and Steve remind me of Murray Walker and James Hunt,

For "And it's Nigel Mansel crossing the line to win." "Actually Murray, that's Alain Prost!"

Read

"Corry, Corry scores for Tigers!" "Actually Bleddyn I think you'll find that's Slater, Corry retired seasons ago."
Exile Wigstonite living in Wales.
Poet laureate of the "One Eyed Turk".
Bar stool philosopher in the "Wilted Daffodil"
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

Big Dai wrote:Actually Bleddyn and Steve remind me of Murray Walker and James Hunt,

For "And it's Nigel Mansel crossing the line to win." "Actually Murray, that's Alain Prost!"

Read

"Corry, Corry scores for Tigers!" "Actually Bleddyn I think you'll find that's Slater, Corry retired seasons ago."

We need such characters in broadcasting!

Make sure wife and sisters do not confiscate the Remy!

:smt023
Still keeping the faith!
Big Dai
Super User
Super User

Post by Big Dai »

Concur on both counts, Have a good one Bill!
Exile Wigstonite living in Wales.
Poet laureate of the "One Eyed Turk".
Bar stool philosopher in the "Wilted Daffodil"
PaleoTiger

Post by PaleoTiger »

loretta wrote:
GS wrote: That said Radio L do serve up an intriguing mixture of confusion, mystery and occasional bouts of excitement with a hint of information when Bledyn and Johnson are on.
Nicely put. Sometimes, when I hear the highlights after watching a game, I really do struggle to recognise the bits of play they're describing.

As a commentator, Bledyn Jones is an utter buffoon. But he's our buffoon, so that's ok.
+1 well said, yeah he is, #Tigersfamily.

My favourite is when he gets really excited and a Tigers try is scored out of nowhere and we get that Bleddyn magic of "It's a Trrrry!". Pure local radio gold. That's plumb line, meat and drink for him.
Cagey Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Cagey Tiger »

LE18 wrote:CT, why did his previous club let him go (forgotten, was it Exeter?) he was obviously not good enough for them, or Argentina, we all have better players than him, maybe his injuries have effected him but I wish people would stop asking why he s not picked, at the moment he is not good enough.
To pick a very similar example from around the same time, why did we let Horacio Agulla go (rhetorical question)? Was he obviously not good enough for Tigers?

And by the way, I wasn't questioning why he want being picked at the moment (haven't seen him play), I was just pondering why he wasn't good enough at present.
wardy
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by wardy »

And the man in the middle is..........Wigglesworth. OMG Anything could happen. The scrum WILL be a lottery!!!!
Give blood, play rugby!!
L Smith
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by L Smith »

Cagey Tiger wrote:
LE18 wrote:CT, why did his previous club let him go (forgotten, was it Exeter?) he was obviously not good enough for them, or Argentina, we all have better players than him, maybe his injuries have effected him but I wish people would stop asking why he s not picked, at the moment he is not good enough.
To pick a very similar example from around the same time, why did we let Horacio Agulla go (rhetorical question)? Was he obviously not good enough for Tigers?

And by the way, I wasn't questioning why he want being picked at the moment (haven't seen him play), I was just pondering why he wasn't good enough at present.
He fell on the wrong side of the 'cost - benefit' equation. He'd had a good season and was asking for a higher salary but would have been away with the Pumas for the first 5-6 weeks and during the AI's so it didn't fit within the squad structure at the time.
I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed man
Soggypitch
Super User
Super User

Post by Soggypitch »

Well that's about the team I was expecting, but obviously disappointed no JDV and Manu. It will be interesting to see if JDV is picked to start v Sarries next week, I just reckon he might be, where as I don't think there's any chance of risking Manu first game back on an artificial pitch.

Should be a good enough side to win well, particularly with the cavalry on the bench if required, but I hope the Youngs bros and Cole in particular get a decent rest. Bit surprised that McCaffrey hasn't been rested or benched, but he must be fresh, injury free and raring to go which is great!

Looks like JC's car washing days really are over for now!
Soggypitch
Cagey Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Cagey Tiger »

L Smith wrote:
Cagey Tiger wrote:

He fell on the wrong side of the 'cost - benefit' equation. He'd had a good season and was asking for a higher salary but would have been away with the Pumas for the first 5-6 weeks and during the AI's so it didn't fit within the squad structure at the time.
You answered my question, even though it was rhetorical i.e. no answer required :smt023
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

CT , sorry I am lost, are you asking me a question?