Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

kk20gb30
Super User
Super User

Re: Transfers & Rumours Non-Tigers 2020-21

Post by kk20gb30 »

Will Vaughan (Bath) to Cornish Pirates on loan :

https://www.bathrugby.com/club-news/vau ... y-on-loan/
Seemingly heading rapidly toward senility .....Not long or far to go now , in fact, getting worse daily.....
kk20gb30
Super User
Super User

Post by kk20gb30 »

Hartpury University RFC sign Cornish Pirates Scrum Half :

http://hartpuryrfc.co.uk/rfc-news/hartp ... xt-season/
Seemingly heading rapidly toward senility .....Not long or far to go now , in fact, getting worse daily.....
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

kpj tiger wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 8:43 am
TigerFeetSteve wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 8:05 am Would we be looking at Dempsey as a attack coach for us?

Certainly think during his time a Leinster they had a strong backs division, and Bath for all their inconsistencies I'd say attack had been a recent strong point.

Thoughts?
I don't think Dempsey has been well liked by Bath fans from the things I've heard so I'd be a little wary
It's hard to know what's going on at Bath, on paper they have a starting XV that is simply fantastic. One of the best in the league and no I don't enjoy saying that. They obviously aren't playing to their potential in any department and I think Bath fans as well as neutral viewers are at a bit of a loss to say why.

They've had problems at the scrum but their forwards coach is well known to be an excellent scrum coach and they have a fancy machine at the training ground to help in that department. Their DOR and assistant forwards coaches both built their careers on leading the lineout but they've had lineout problems. The pack when you look at the players in there is virtually all internationals.

Similar with the back division. So much talent but is what Dempsey wants to achieve being allowed within the structure of what Hooper is setting out. There has been some interesting attacking structures that made inventive use of Spencer in an almost French style playmaker at 9 role to allow Bailey to slot in at 10 under minimal pressure that was quite impressive.

If Borthwick wants him then I trust his judgement.
kk20gb30
Super User
Super User

Post by kk20gb30 »

More speculation on the vacant Harlequins DoR role .
Neil Fissler (Rugby Paper 9/5/21) states that the club are waiting on a decision from Stormers coach John Dobson with Danny Wilson (Glasgow) and Tabai Matson (ex Bath) waiting in the wings as possible contenders should Dobson decline the position.
'The Rugby Pod' however has another candidate :

https://www.rugbypass.com/news/it-would ... uins-boss/
kk20gb30
Super User
Super User

Post by kk20gb30 »

Guido Volpi to join Doncaster from Ospreys :

https://www.rugbypass.com/news/ospreys- ... ip-switch/
kk20gb30
Super User
Super User

Post by kk20gb30 »

TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/57206299

Theo Brophy Clews retiring due to concussion.
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Hull, Bradford and Castleford lose their rugby league elite academy status.

Would imagine that a few unions academics are looking into the players and area now.
kk20gb30
Super User
Super User

Post by kk20gb30 »

Alex Cuthbert set to leave Exeter :

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/rug ... t-20657560
kk20gb30
Super User
Super User

Post by kk20gb30 »

According to Neil Fisslers 'Blindside ' column in The Rugby Paper (23/5/21) Wasps are on the verge of signing Scarlets hooker Pieter Scholtz as a replacement for the departing Kieran Brooks.A move for Ealings Bobby de Wee was unsuccessful however.
Wayne Richardson Fan Club
Super User
Super User

Post by Wayne Richardson Fan Club »

kk20gb30 wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 8:34 am According to Neil Fisslers 'Blindside ' column in The Rugby Paper (23/5/21) Wasps are on the verge of signing Scarlets hooker Pieter Scholtz as a replacement for the departing Kieran Brooks.A move for Ealings Bobby de Wee was unsuccessful however.
From what I saw of Scholtz playing for the Scarlets he is a perfect Brookes replacement....
To win is not as important as playing with style!
kk20gb30
Super User
Super User

Post by kk20gb30 »

'The Rugby Paper' ( Neil Fissler, 23/5/21) states that Bath are searching desperately to find emergency cover at Hooker due to suspension (Tom Dunn) and injury (Jack Walker and Jaques du toit ).No names mentioned , but things could develop quickly.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

A hooker for a TH? 🤔
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
Wayne Richardson Fan Club
Super User
Super User

Post by Wayne Richardson Fan Club »

Scott1 wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 12:20 pm A hooker for a TH? 🤔
He is a tighthead
To win is not as important as playing with style!
sk 88
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by sk 88 »

RagingBull wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 7:55 am Hull, Bradford and Castleford lose their rugby league elite academy status.

Would imagine that a few unions academics are looking into the players and area now.
What does that mean in practice? I can't imagine Hull F.C. will really drop their academy nor that F.C. kids will be happy to just go along to HKR instead on RFL diktat.

I'd imagine most talented kids from Castleford go to Leeds anyway, certainly it is a chance for Doncaster or a resurgent Leeds to try and boost squad depth with more 18-22 year olds.
Goooooodeeeeeyyyyy!