Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Re: Formerly of this parish

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

Rugbygramps wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2023 5:34 pm
TigerFeetSteve wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2023 5:28 pm I cant think of that many front rower players who have developed in the tight that much under Lam, yes the likes of Thacker has moved on their games in the loose but have they developed many players I'm the tight. Those who have thrived there have been players who have solid tight games and had their loose games developed
Has Harry’s game developed or has he been put in a better environment to showcase his talents
I think he has developed in the loose, not in the tight
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
fentiger
Super User
Super User

Post by fentiger »

johnthegriff wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2023 5:44 pm TFS has a point I feel Genge has gone backwards since returning to Bristol and Sinkler has certainly not kicked on as a scrumager.
... and as for Lahiff, don't get me started :smt044 :smt044
Robespierre
Super User
Super User

Post by Robespierre »

johnthegriff wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2023 5:15 pm Although Kerr had about 30 Premiership.appearances for us he only started 7 or 8 times, it was not his fault but the majority of games he played in we lost, we probably at that time lost most of the games he didn't p!ay in.. I don't think he got many starts.or much game time at Bristol either.
Reading the BBC rugby results, Kerr scored three tries in Watsonians 33-7 win over Boroughmuir yesterday evening. An excellent beginning with his new club. Maybe the kickstart he needs to rebound into the top level?
Semper in excretia
mightymouse
Super User
Super User

Post by mightymouse »

I’m wonder if that a dominant lineout drive
tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Post by tigerburnie »

Academy prospect Chester Owen joins Coventry after being let go by the club at the end of the season, he was on loan at Leicester Lions last season.
"If you want entertainment, go to the theatre," says Edinburgh head coach Richard Cockerill. "Rugby players play the game to win.15/1/21.
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

mightymouse wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2023 2:00 pm I’m wonder if that a dominant lineout drive
Looks that way. Only report I could find suggests he was excellent throughout and his throwing accurate. He's probably to good for that level so if he can keep showing up well he may land a deal with one of the Scottish clubs.
LekkerTigers

Post by LekkerTigers »

tigerburnie wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2023 5:10 pm Academy prospect Chester Owen joins Coventry after being let go by the club at the end of the season, he was on loan at Leicester Lions last season.
Looked a real prospect in the academy side. Was a little surprised when we let him go. Big, strong and quick are good qualities for an 8 to have.
Darc Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Darc Tiger »

Harry Potter PotM at 15 for the Western Force today
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

Darc Tiger wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2023 6:10 pm Harry Potter PotM at 15 for the Western Force today
He's going to have a great time in Super Rugby. Eddie should have taken him to the world cup. If your team is struggling then having someone as committed and as defensively tough as Harry is only going to help.
tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Post by tigerburnie »

sam16111986 wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2023 7:46 am
Darc Tiger wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2023 6:10 pm Harry Potter PotM at 15 for the Western Force today
He's going to have a great time in Super Rugby. Eddie should have taken him to the world cup. If your team is struggling then having someone as committed and as defensively tough as Harry is only going to help.
You're assuming that Jones knows what he's doing there.
"If you want entertainment, go to the theatre," says Edinburgh head coach Richard Cockerill. "Rugby players play the game to win.15/1/21.
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

tigerburnie wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2023 10:01 am
sam16111986 wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2023 7:46 am
You're assuming that Jones knows what he's doing there.
Jones knows what he's doing, he definitely has a plan. Now whether it's a good plan or not we'll find out in time.
Hot_Charlie
Super User
Super User

Post by Hot_Charlie »

https://westernforce.rugby/news/cheetah ... er-2023825

Weird seeing him not in a Tigers' shirt.
longlivethecrumbie
Super User
Super User

Post by longlivethecrumbie »

Not entirely sure where best to ask this question, but, having seen how dire England have been - I do wonder if they did us a favour? Thoughts ladies and gents...
Jimmy Skitz
Super User
Super User

Post by Jimmy Skitz »

longlivethecrumbie wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2023 11:29 pm Not entirely sure where best to ask this question, but, having seen how dire England have been - I do wonder if they did us a favour? Thoughts ladies and gents...
Rolling Maul boys suggested a bit of this recently, Steve being paralysed by the stats, paid us over £1m and the way things are going will sack them all in a month.

Might be able to get Aled and Sir Kev back on the cheap though :smt002
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

Jimmy Skitz wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2023 1:38 am
longlivethecrumbie wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2023 11:29 pm Not entirely sure where best to ask this question, but, having seen how dire England have been - I do wonder if they did us a favour? Thoughts ladies and gents...
Rolling Maul boys suggested a bit of this recently, Steve being paralysed by the stats, paid us over £1m and the way things are going will sack them all in a month.

Might be able to get Aled and Sir Kev back on the cheap though :smt002
The RFU will stick with Steve for a year at least. They've got Felix Jones joining the coaching staff after the world cup and he'll add some much needed international experience to the coaching staff.

I feel we're in 2015 territory at the minute where we've got a young set of coaches with a lot of potential some of which are in the job to soon. I suspect the RFU will be hoping to avoid cutting them loose having appointed them as there is very the much the current case of people pointing and laughing at how Ireland has taken advantage of the harsh lessons those 2015 coaches learned with England.