Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Re: London Irish (Home) - Saturday 12th March 2022 - KO 3-00pm

Post by Rugbygramps »

loretta wrote: Thu Mar 10, 2022 11:27 am
Soggypitch wrote: Thu Mar 10, 2022 8:23 am Reported in the DT yesterday that Sinckler is a doubt, although they hope he will be fit......

Hence Heyes retained. Can't see him returning for Saturday, regrettably. As others have said fingers firmly crossed for Cole returning from his mystery knee/ankle/shoulder injury........
I’m no expert, but he took a knee holding his ankle. Then he limped off. Then he had his ankle iced. So I think it might be an ankle injury?
Thanks that is the nearest to confirmation I’ve seen
Robespierre
Super User
Super User

Post by Robespierre »

Wonder if Chessum and Heyes will be available for Tigers as neither are in the England squad ?
Semper in excretia
Soggypitch
Super User
Super User

Post by Soggypitch »

Robespierre wrote: Thu Mar 10, 2022 12:35 pm Wonder if Chessum and Heyes will be available for Tigers as neither are in the England squad ?
We can hope, but I doubt if Heyes will be released as Sinckler is only just fit and presumably could have a relapse, so I suspect they will want Heyes there on matchday.

Chessum possibly, but will SB play him as he's missed training all week and hopefully we have enough cover in the back 5.
Soggypitch
trendylfj
Super User
Super User

Post by trendylfj »

I can see either, neither or both being released but realistically, only expect to see Chessum given Sinkler's not 100% certain but would love to see both of them available.
Hehehehehehehehe
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

Robespierre wrote: Thu Mar 10, 2022 12:35 pm Wonder if Chessum and Heyes will be available for Tigers as neither are in the England squad ?
All international teams take 26 players to a matchday
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
Ian Cant
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Ian Cant »

Without Cole,(if as looks likely, he is still out) Heyes, Staden, Genge, Ford, Youngs, Steward this could be a game where even our great spirit isn’t enough against a pretty full strength Irish.
At least we can lots of noise hoping to put Irish off their impressive form!!
markharbtiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: London Irish (Home) - Saturday 12th March 2022 - KO 3-00p

Post by markharbtiger »

So it seems Heyes and Chessum are not in the England 26. I'll be annoyed if this means they're not available for us. Great to have these players selected in the larger squad for England but keeping them on the periphery like this means they might neither play for England or for us this w/e! I'm sure they'd just want to play whether it's club or country...
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

markharbtiger wrote: Thu Mar 10, 2022 2:07 pm So it seems Heyes and Chessum are not in the England 26. I'll be annoyed if this means they're not available for us. Great to have these players selected in the larger squad for England but keeping them on the periphery like this means they might neither play for England or for us this w/e! I'm sure they'd just want to play whether it's club or country...
They are not in the match day 23 not sure about travelling reserves as they’re not announced. As mentioned in another thread with Sinclair possibly struggling and Dombrandt recovering from a positive covid test doubtful either will be released
markharbtiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by markharbtiger »

Rugbygramps wrote: Thu Mar 10, 2022 2:14 pm
markharbtiger wrote: Thu Mar 10, 2022 2:07 pm So it seems Heyes and Chessum are not in the England 26. I'll be annoyed if this means they're not available for us. Great to have these players selected in the larger squad for England but keeping them on the periphery like this means they might neither play for England or for us this w/e! I'm sure they'd just want to play whether it's club or country...
They are not in the match day 23 not sure about travelling reserves as they’re not announced. As mentioned in another thread with Sinclair possibly struggling and Dombrandt recovering from a positive covid test doubtful either will be released
Sorry I meant 23 not 26. In my defence I am at home ill with COVID...
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

markharbtiger wrote: Thu Mar 10, 2022 4:23 pm
Sorry to hear that hope you recover quickly
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

markharbtiger wrote: Thu Mar 10, 2022 4:23 pm
Hope you get well soon

26 is the number that travel on the day of a game, hence the confusion.

Heyes
Chessum
Barbeary

Are the only others retained by England so all of them will travel and be there on matchday.

So if there is an injury on matchday they will be in the 23, but won't play otherwise.
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

Have a feeling tight head will be Leatigaga with Hurd on the bench
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

Rugbygramps wrote: Thu Mar 10, 2022 8:19 pm Have a feeling tight head will be Leatigaga with Hurd on the bench
You may well be right, but with what I've seen from them Hurd is the better scrummager (at TH) whereas Leatigaga is the better all round player. I would be tempted to start Hurd and play Leatigaga from the bench.
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

Only seen Hurd the once and was impressed. Likely to be up against Gigenia who whilst being an international isn’t a top line scrummager
longlivethecrumbie
Super User
Super User

Post by longlivethecrumbie »

Only four hours til we find out where Borthwick's head is at with the team selection.