New Kit design - unveiled today

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

TigerAlex
Silver Member
Silver Member

Re: New Kit design - unveiled today

Post by TigerAlex »

Very underwhelming. It looks more like a training shirt. Boring.
chappie
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by chappie »

I dare say they will be wearing it on the 4th against Irish? :smt002
Franck Tournaire Number 1 fan.
Grannyman

Post by Grannyman »

Whilst I was expecting more, it seems that they're damned if they etc. they've responded to the last seasons complaints of it being too garish and got rid of the bib, so I say it's fine other than the black stripe. Looking forward to seeing the away kit.
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

Mrs G spoke to a retailer who I can't mention by shop - he described exactly what's on the jd website about 3 months ago, as he had been to an event hosted by Canterbury. He also told her what the club shop mark-up is, and she apparently will not be buying one through that outlet for my birthday I suspect.

I said to her 'the new club strip will be unveiled at the weekend' to which she replied ' you remember X told me about the new strip? It's dark green all over, darker than the current green, and has just three stripes across the middle.' She did that without stopping knitting, and totally spoiled my intended reveal of the jd picture. :smt010

PS we both like it and I will be getting one for my birthday which is at the start of the season :smt023
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
kpj tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by kpj tiger »

I don't like it that much, i know people will say they are damned if they do and they are damned if the don't but that is far too simple for me, it just looks dull! If the stripes were smaller and there were more of them they would have been on to a winner
northerntiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by northerntiger »

I actually liked this years top. This is dull, and as someone has posted, looks like a training top. I dare say they will sell a few, but I don't think I will be buying. I like the completely mad Stade Francais style top - but I think complaints would be legion if they went down that route. How about a red and white snarling tiger head on the front?
DickyP
Super User
Super User

Post by DickyP »

Despite my worries about the 'classic' tag on the referenced site I actually quite like the basic design. Reminds me of the pattern of the shirt I wore some 40 years ago at Southampton University in maroon, navy and amber. But I do like plain and simple which, of course, is why I didn't like the 2012/13 pattern.
For when the One Great Scorer comes to write against your name,
He marks - not that you won or lost - but how you played the Game."
Hot_Charlie
Super User
Super User

Post by Hot_Charlie »

TigerAlex wrote:Very underwhelming. It looks more like a training shirt. Boring.
About 2 years ago everyone started saying how they liked the shirts worn in the warm ups, both with CT and later CCC.

So, people moan about the the current tiger pattern stripes, and rave about plain warm up shirts = this "thing".

Not great, not utterly terrible either. Better than the 2003-5 stripe-less abomination.
Hot_Charlie
Super User
Super User

Post by Hot_Charlie »

JD sports link now been removed it seems.
butler8
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by butler8 »

a case of closing the online retail outlets door once the tigers shirt has bolted!!

maybe they were hoping to get a few pre-sale purchases by showing the picture before they or anyone else was supposed to

i kinda like it but prefer the latest one so i may take advantage of the offer before this weekend
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

I shall not be buying one. Not even if we win the Premiership play offs.
Still keeping the faith!
TigerLad
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by TigerLad »

Looks identical to the training kit from the end of last season. If you're going to be 'boring' at least be traditional boring. I'm thinking hoops of scarlet and white in equal proportion, then green stripes that are slightly wider. Hopefully it looks better in real life as the picture looks dark. I'm not impressed by Canterbury. They have been extremely erratic, their first kit was too modern and this one seems, well bland. I hope this grows on me as at the moment it just looks like a training kit.
TigerLad
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by TigerLad »

I have it from a very good source that the away kit is nice. Traditional and not blue or platinum. I like the sound of it and i'm sure many people on here will like it aswell.
physiodan
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by physiodan »

Not sure if this gives the away kit colours away but the cantebury web page has some new tigers clothing not shown in store!
yellow_balaclava_hunter
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by yellow_balaclava_hunter »

If the pictures are the new kit then whilst it is better than the awful Rugby League style shirt from this year, it proves that Canterbury may have a Rugby heritage but the current people running the company have no understanding of Rugby, our club or what the supporters want.

This new one looks like another stock pattern which considering the standing of our club is simply not good enough.

How long does the Canterbury contract last for and can we get out of it early?
Excuse me. Where do I get a yellow balaclava from?
I asked Gavin Henson if they sold them at Matalan but he said they didn't because they messed his hair up.