Post by Rugbygramps »

Dan Cole shown doing upper body weight work in the latest Instagram post
Wayne Richardson Fan Club
Super User
Super User

Re: London Irish (Home) - Saturday 12th March 2022 - KO 3-00pm

Post by Wayne Richardson Fan Club »

DeadlyDunc wrote: Wed Mar 09, 2022 1:28 pm *ducks head*

In fairness, the guesser has been a lot better in the past few weeks so hopefully he'll continue that level and not regress for this one!
Trouble is the "base" level was so low it wasn't possible to get worse.
The fact he is on the International Panel is a terrible indictment on the standard of officiating.
It's not Kitty watching a different game in the Van so that is a bonus.
JP Doyle got the heave-ho for the likes of Dickson, now Father Ted's housekeeper wasn't great but compared to the "Village"...
To win is not as important as playing with style!
KiwiTig
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by KiwiTig »

Obviously no Ford, Genge, Youngs or Steward is a just a huge loss of talent. Missing this lot is a big blow as is no Chessum. Would like to see Montoya back to steady the scrum with no Genge and to support the hugely talented Whitcombe. I hope and believe that there’s enough talent in the pack to get us through this weekend but no Cole or Heyes is a potential nightmare !! I saw Cole go down with what looked a knee injury on video but I’m purely guessing and we really need the big man back in action. Eddie should either play Heyes or release him. Borthwick should hopefully have some influence on Heyes return. Nephi starting for 40 and then Hurd just doesn’t feel right at the moment.
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

KiwiTig wrote: Wed Mar 09, 2022 4:57 pm Obviously no Ford, Genge, Youngs or Steward is a just a huge loss of talent. Missing this lot is a big blow as is no Chessum. Would like to see Montoya back to steady the scrum with no Genge and to support the hugely talented Whitcombe. I hope and believe that there’s enough talent in the pack to get us through this weekend but no Cole or Heyes is a potential nightmare !! I saw Cole go down with what looked a knee injury on video but I’m purely guessing and we really need the big man back in action. Eddie should either play Heyes or release him. Borthwick should hopefully have some influence on Heyes return. Nephi starting for 40 and then Hurd just doesn’t feel right at the moment.
As mentioned above Coley is pictured doing some gym work so hopefully fit enough otherwise we will have to deal with it. I like others will be extremely peed off if Heyes is there as a non playing reserve. Doesn’t help Tigers and not sure it does the player much good
OakhamTiger32
Super User
Super User

Post by OakhamTiger32 »

Rugbygramps wrote: Wed Mar 09, 2022 1:11 pm and have forgotten what Wayne looks like
Who? Wayne :smt017 name rings a bell… Wayne Fella? Wayne… nope can’t think of who you mean… :smt002
Pellsey
Super User
Super User

Post by Pellsey »

Tigerbeat wrote: Wed Mar 09, 2022 1:33 pm The difference between Dickson and the other refs is that he has played the game at Premiership level for a considerable period prior to officiating which may have him looking at decisions from a players point of view. Still applying the laws but knowing the situations from a playing view.
Only a thought.....
This could be thought of as a great positive in theory. In practise, I'm yet to be convinced though that he actually knows the laws, especially given some of his decisions.

I just hope we are good enough that his random decisions don't cost us the game.
Pellsey
Super User
Super User

Post by Pellsey »

Rugbygramps wrote: Wed Mar 09, 2022 5:59 pm As mentioned above Coley is pictured doing some gym work so hopefully fit enough otherwise we will have to deal with it. I like others will be extremely peed off if Heyes is there as a non playing reserve. Doesn’t help Tigers and not sure it does the player much good
Didn't Coley hurt his ankle though? Therefore I'm not sure if his doing an upper body workout is an indicator of his fitness??
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

Pellsey wrote: Thu Mar 10, 2022 7:03 am
Rugbygramps wrote: Wed Mar 09, 2022 5:59 pm As mentioned above Coley is pictured doing some gym work so hopefully fit enough otherwise we will have to deal with it. I like others will be extremely peed off if Heyes is there as a non playing reserve. Doesn’t help Tigers and not sure it does the player much good
Didn't Coley hurt his ankle though? Therefore I'm not sure if his doing an upper body workout is an indicator of his fitness??
Not a complete indication, however normally don't see people on the socials training until they are nearly ready to return, as often recovering from injury may be training at different times to others as they may be doing a more specific fitness session, so in a general session is a decent sign.
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
Soggypitch
Super User
Super User

Post by Soggypitch »

Reported in the DT yesterday that Sinckler is a doubt, although they hope he will be fit......

Hence Heyes retained. Can't see him returning for Saturday, regrettably. As others have said fingers firmly crossed for Cole returning from his mystery knee/ankle/shoulder injury........
Soggypitch
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

I agree about the upper body work, though I don’t think it’s ever been confirmed which part of his body was injured. But let’s face it it’s all one massive slab so probably all connected
Knightonian

Post by Knightonian »

Not often I say this but Tbf they have released Heyes on all the other games so I’m sure they won’t keep him unless they think they may need him for the bench

Here’s hoping he gets some game time
Soggypitch
Super User
Super User

Post by Soggypitch »

Knightonian wrote: Thu Mar 10, 2022 8:29 am Not often I say this but Tbf they have released Heyes on all the other games so I’m sure they won’t keep him unless they think they may need him for the bench

Yes but Sinckler being touch and go will likely be the difference this time.
Soggypitch
RunTigerRun
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by RunTigerRun »

Soggypitch wrote: Thu Mar 10, 2022 8:39 am
Knightonian wrote: Thu Mar 10, 2022 8:29 am Not often I say this but Tbf they have released Heyes on all the other games so I’m sure they won’t keep him unless they think they may need him for the bench

Yes but Sinckler being touch and go will likely be the difference this time.
The Times suggesting Eddie will go for a 6-2 bench too which likely leaves Ford as the travelling reserve… annoyingly!

But then likely for Chessum to get some game time hopefully so swings and roundabouts!
Pellsey
Super User
Super User

Post by Pellsey »

TigerFeetSteve wrote: Thu Mar 10, 2022 7:52 am
Not a complete indication, however normally don't see people on the socials training until they are nearly ready to return, as often recovering from injury may be training at different times to others as they may be doing a more specific fitness session, so in a general session is a decent sign.
Good point. Let's be positive :smt003
loretta
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by loretta »

Soggypitch wrote: Thu Mar 10, 2022 8:23 am Reported in the DT yesterday that Sinckler is a doubt, although they hope he will be fit......

Hence Heyes retained. Can't see him returning for Saturday, regrettably. As others have said fingers firmly crossed for Cole returning from his mystery knee/ankle/shoulder injury........
I’m no expert, but he took a knee holding his ankle. Then he limped off. Then he had his ankle iced. So I think it might be an ankle injury?
In my defence, I was left unsupervised….