20th Feb 2021 - Home vs Wasps

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Robespierre
Super User
Super User

Re: 20th Feb 2021 - Home vs Wasps

Post by Robespierre »

I understand that the French players have been allowed to go to their families this weekend on the strict understanding that they respect the rules. Three players have been dropped from the squad, props Aldeghiri and Kolingar, and 2nd row Pesenti, and are replaced by Gros (perfect name for a prop!!) and Bamba, and Rebbadj in the 2nd row.
Semper in excretia
tigercub21

Post by tigercub21 »

TigerFeetSteve wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 12:50 pm
Tigerbeat wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 12:44 pm
tigercub21 wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 12:30 pm Am I right in saying that most six nations teams have let their players go and play for their club this week? If so have England done the same? I know it usually doesn’t happen but does anyone know if we may have the England boys this week?
Youngs, Ford and Genge remain in the England bubble so guess that all players will remain with England and not be available for their clubs this weekend........makes sense.
England have not released any players.

Ireland have released 12 (who haven't had much game time so far)

France I don't think have released any?

Not sure on the others tbh
It’s only becauseI noticed that LRZ and Falatau were both playing for their clubs tomorrow.
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

tigercub21 wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 1:08 pm
TigerFeetSteve wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 12:50 pm
Tigerbeat wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 12:44 pm
Youngs, Ford and Genge remain in the England bubble so guess that all players will remain with England and not be available for their clubs this weekend........makes sense.
England have not released any players.

Ireland have released 12 (who haven't had much game time so far)

France I don't think have released any?

Not sure on the others tbh
It’s only becauseI noticed that LRZ and Falatau were both playing for their clubs tomorrow.
Think it's more that the RFU have an agreement with Premiership rugby to retain players, Wales don't essentially...
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
Bunchy
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Bunchy »

thats right - i notice the Welsh players have been selected for Bath v Glouc on Friday night inc Rees Zammit and Faletau

not sure player welfare being looked after there?
Less is more....
Wayne Richardson Fan Club
Super User
Super User

Post by Wayne Richardson Fan Club »

Our website preview states the game as a Derby game...in distance maybe, but it isn't a Derby, an historical grudge match yes.
To win is not as important as playing with style!
Crofty
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Crofty »

Wayne Richardson Fan Club wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 5:14 pm Our website preview states the game as a Derby game...in distance maybe, but it isn't a Derby, an historical grudge match yes.
Radio Leicester were asking this question to the crowd at last year's Welford Road edition of the tie. Iirc the consensus was that it's not a derby match yet, and might never be...
No, not that one!

Remember, whatever you do to the smallest of the backs you do to his prop, and you can't avoid the rucks and mauls forever...

I know you don't like it when I boo him but how else will he know he's wrong?

non possumus capere
trendylfj
Super User
Super User

Post by trendylfj »

Well that's a surprise - Martin called up to the England squad - are we that short of back row/2nd row that we have to choose a youngster who is not certain to get into our 1st 15?? He is a brilliant prospect but not sure about this but congrats to the lad - well done
Hehehehehehehehe
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Could do
4. Lavanini
5. Wells
6. Brink
7. Reffell
8. Liebenberg

19. Green
20. Wallace
OakhamTiger32
Super User
Super User

Post by OakhamTiger32 »

RagingBull wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 6:16 pm Could do
4. Lavanini
5. Wells
6. Brink
7. Reffell
8. Liebenberg

19. Green
20. Wallace
4. Lavanini/Wells
5. Green/Henderson
6. Liebenberg/Brink
7. Reffell/Wallace
8. Wiese/Liebenberg

Pretty well stocked
Wayne Richardson Fan Club
Super User
Super User

Post by Wayne Richardson Fan Club »

Crofty wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 6:02 pm
Wayne Richardson Fan Club wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 5:14 pm Our website preview states the game as a Derby game...in distance maybe, but it isn't a Derby, an historical grudge match yes.
Radio Leicester were asking this question to the crowd at last year's Welford Road edition of the tie. Iirc the consensus was that it's not a derby match yet, and might never be...
The move to Cov is almost as bad as Franchise FC at Milton Keynes in Wendyball.
To win is not as important as playing with style!
Crofty
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Crofty »

Wayne Richardson Fan Club wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 6:51 pm
I think someone made a similar point to that too, iirc they cited the NFL as an example not to follow.

The move was doubly unfair, unfair to Wasps fans dragging them 100 miles north and unfair to Coventry RUFC who have a long history of their own and don't need a prem team moving in to their territory.
No, not that one!

Remember, whatever you do to the smallest of the backs you do to his prop, and you can't avoid the rucks and mauls forever...

non possumus capere
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

Crofty wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 7:16 pm

I think someone made a similar point to that too, iirc they cited the NFL as an example not to follow.

The move was doubly unfair, unfair to Wasps fans dragging them 100 miles north and unfair to Coventry RUFC who have a long history of their own and don't need a prem team moving in to their territory.
Wasps definitely did a good job recruiting new fans for about a season and a half our rugby club got about 20 free tickets every week for anyone who wanted to go. Plenty of people just getting in to the sport went and became fans
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

TigerFeetSteve wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 7:45 pm

Wasps definitely did a good job recruiting new fans for about a season and a half our rugby club got about 20 free tickets every week for anyone who wanted to go. Plenty of people just getting in to the sport went and became fans
There was a time when about half the crowd was local schools and rugby clubs due to the number of free tickets they gave away. It's not a local derby and won't ever be in my eyes. There's some niggle between the club over past fixtures and a bit of rivalry in we don't like them and they don't like us but not really much of that. I think if you have Tigers fans a vote win Vs Saints or Vs Wasps which would you rather we all know the answer.
Big Dai
Super User
Super User

Post by Big Dai »

sam16111986 wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 7:58 pm

There was a time when about half the crowd was local schools and rugby clubs due to the number of free tickets they gave away. It's not a local derby and won't ever be in my eyes. There's some niggle between the club over past fixtures and a bit of rivalry in we don't like them and they don't like us but not really much of that. I think if you have Tigers fans a vote win Vs Saints or Vs Wasps which would you rather we all know the answer.
Old school. Win v Barf comes top!
Exile Wigstonite living in Wales.
Poet laureate of the "One Eyed Turk".
Bar stool philosopher in the "Wilted Daffodil"
Crofty
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Crofty »

Big Dai wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 8:10 pm
sam16111986 wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 7:58 pm

Old school. Win v Barf comes top!
Barf is hardly a local tie though...
No, not that one!

non possumus capere