England vs USA

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

CitizenSmiff
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: England vs USA

Post by CitizenSmiff »

Francis cited for a high tackle on Will Hooley. Doesn't look like much from the images but who knows these days. The tackle from Wilson looks much worse on replays, Hooley is arguably still in the air, so i suppose we got lucky.
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

ay2oh wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 10:14 am
Mark62 wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 5:33 pm
ay2oh wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 4:42 pm Would have Vunipola instead of Marler, Wilson instead of Underhill and Watson instead of Daly :smt003
I think you’re underestimating how well Marler has played and his standing in the squad. A fully fit Mako with game time under his belt I agree but that isn’t the case.
Curry’s emergence as an Adrie Savea type 6 has meant that Underhill work defensively will get him the 7 shirt and he isn’t bad with ball in hand.
On current form I would agree Watson over Daley
Am not underestimating anything. Marler often loses his head under pressure and we cannot risk yellow/red cards in the big games. Regarding Underhill is a good player but Wilson gives a better option in the line-outs all in my opinion of course :smt003
Of course all good points. Discipline wise I think they’ve all been told to clean their act up and, just smile and wave.
Curry has been used effectively as a line out option although 4 is better than 3 and I don’t think they’re going to be lifting Billy
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

CitizenSmiff wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 10:22 am Francis cited for a high tackle on Will Hooley. Doesn't look like much from the images but who knows these days. The tackle from Wilson looks much worse on replays, Hooley is arguably still in the air, so i suppose we got lucky.
Bullet dodged I think looking at it from certain angles, it was high and he wasn’t in control
Flash

Post by Flash »

The game did highlight that May must be one of the first names pencilled in the first XV. It looks as though as soon as Nowell is fit he's back in the 23. Wingers C and M (not going risk the spellings) haven't shown anything close to May, Nowell, Watson & Daly on the wing.