Autumn Internationals

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Mark62
Super User
Super User

Re: Autumn Internationals

Post by Mark62 »

JP14 wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 6:54 am Toomua has been called up to the Autumn Internationals but not Polota-Nau.
Hardly a surprise as the Aussies still don’t know what their best midfield line up is. Bit surprised about TPN but the 2 younger lads did ok in the bledisloe game and he hasn’t got far to travel if required.

Harrison and Hardwick now need as much game time as possible over the next few weeks
voice of the crumbie
Super User
Super User

Post by voice of the crumbie »

Mark62 wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 8:51 am
JP14 wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 6:54 am Toomua has been called up to the Autumn Internationals but not Polota-Nau.
Hardly a surprise as the Aussies still don’t know what their best midfield line up is. Bit surprised about TPN but the 2 younger lads did ok in the bledisloe game and he hasn’t got far to travel if required.

Harrison and Hardwick now need as much game time as possible over the next few weeks
Agreed Mark 62 and if we've any sense Eastmond plus whoever they intend to play at 13 (Owen or Smith maybe) against Gloucester should have game time in the last of this series of cup matches to give them an opportunity to gel as a backline ahead of that game. For at least the 2nd half of the game against Sale I would hope to see Harrison Hardwick Eastmond Owen with Olowofela and Holmes on the wings and Worth at fullback. I have assumed Telusa will be unavailable unless his injury is less serious than it looked on Saturday.
Tigers for the premiership and European Cup. Get behind the team and make some noise!!
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

So looking like we have a squad going into the AI of
1. Bateman, Faeo, Gigena, Hills, Grahamslaw, Lines
2. Youngs, Polota-Nau, Stevens, Kerr, Mcmillan, Mahoney
3. Cole, Heyes, Cortes,
4. Spencer, Kitchener, Jordan
5. Wells, Fitzgerald, Lewis
6. Williams, Lavin
7. O’Connor, Reffell
8. Thompson, Tuilagi, Smith
9. Harrison, White, Ezcurra
10. Hardwick, Ford
11. Thompstone, Aspland-Robinson
12. Eastmond, Worth
13. Owen, Smith, Thacker
14. Olowofela,
15. Veainu,
Tried to factor in likely out injured. Veainu could be our.

Hopefully Holmes won’t get picked during the prem games fixtures.

Alright 23 in that with
1. Bateman, 2. Youngs, 3. Coles, 4. Spencer, 5. Wells, 6. Williams, 7. O’Connor, 8. Thompson, 9. Harrison, 10. Hardwick, 11. Thompstone, 12. Eastmond, 13. Owen, 14. Olowofela, 15. Veainu

16. Polota-Nau, 17. Faeo, 18. Heyes, 19. Kitchener, 20. Reffell, 21. White, 22. Ford, 23. Aspland-Robinson
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

Agree with Ragingbull, I wouldn’t discount a certain Mr Genge making an appearance either.
Soggypitch
Super User
Super User

Post by Soggypitch »

Mark62 wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 10:32 am Agree with Ragingbull, I wouldn’t discount a certain Mr Genge making an appearance either.
+1 but also think Holmes is more likely to play FB than Telusa.

Very disappointed with the Toomua situation. I really like Matt, but he was injured for most of his first season, played well last year and now has really dropped us in it by changing his mind about playing for Australia. That wouldn't be so bad if he was just away for the same period as England players, but it has been a lot longer than that. I suppose to be fair, that situation will reverse during the 6Ns.
Frustrating as Joe Ford is just not prem standard, ball in hand.
Soggypitch
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

Soggypitch wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 11:18 am
Mark62 wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 10:32 am Agree with Ragingbull, I wouldn’t discount a certain Mr Genge making an appearance either.
+1 but also think Holmes is more likely to play FB than Telusa.

Very disappointed with the Toomua situation. I really like Matt, but he was injured for most of his first season, played well last year and now has really dropped us in it by changing his mind about playing for Australia. That wouldn't be so bad if he was just away for the same period as England players, but it has been a lot longer than that. I suppose to be fair, that situation will reverse during the 6Ns.
Frustrating as Joe Ford is just not prem standard, ball in hand.
Soggypitch I think the World Cup has been a big deciding factor for him, but it is done now and I’m sure he will give his all in the games from the end of November to the end of th3 season
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

The chance to play in the World Cup has only really opened up to him due to injries and lack of quality in his position. He has been brought back into the international arena, an honour which most players would grasp with both hands,.
I am disappointed to see him go and am sure that he will give 100% to the games he is involved with. I cannot balme him fir taking this opportunity.
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

RagingBull wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 10:08 am So looking like we have a squad going into the AI of
1. Bateman, Faeo, Gigena, Hills, Grahamslaw, Lines
2. Youngs, Polota-Nau, Stevens, Kerr, Mcmillan, Mahoney
3. Cole, Heyes, Cortes,
4. Spencer, Kitchener, Jordan
5. Wells, Fitzgerald, Lewis
6. Williams, Lavin
7. O’Connor, Reffell
8. Thompson, Tuilagi, Smith
9. Harrison, White, Ezcurra
10. Hardwick, Ford
11. Thompstone, Aspland-Robinson
12. Eastmond, Worth
13. Owen, Smith, Thacker
14. Olowofela,
15. Veainu,
Tried to factor in likely out injured. Veainu could be our.

Hopefully Holmes won’t get picked during the prem games fixtures.

Alright 23 in that with
1. Bateman, 2. Youngs, 3. Coles, 4. Spencer, 5. Wells, 6. Williams, 7. O’Connor, 8. Thompson, 9. Harrison, 10. Hardwick, 11. Thompstone, 12. Eastmond, 13. Owen, 14. Olowofela, 15. Veainu

16. Polota-Nau, 17. Faeo, 18. Heyes, 19. Kitchener, 20. Reffell, 21. White, 22. Ford, 23. Aspland-Robinson
I believe that Evans is close.
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
voice of the crumbie
Super User
Super User

Post by voice of the crumbie »

Anyone know who Gloucester will be missing?
Tigers for the premiership and European Cup. Get behind the team and make some noise!!
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

voice of the crumbie wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 3:42 pm Anyone know who Gloucester will be missing?
Morgan, and maybe a prop. Their South African signings haven’t really featured for them yet
WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WhitecapTiger »

voice of the crumbie wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 3:42 pm Anyone know who Gloucester will be missing?
Not Cipriani :smt002
Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.
Leicestertinytiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Leicestertinytiger »

Cardiff Tig wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 8:29 am
Leicestertinytiger wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 7:21 am
Ha brilliant! I told people on here we should have sold him at the beginning of the season. How many games is that now he’ll have missed?
About the same number as Ford, Youngs, and May will miss by the end of the season.
Yeah but we knew when signing them that they would be away with the EPS in the Autumn and during the Six Nations.

We signed Toomua thinking he would be with us for the whole season, hence why he is so valuable and being paid loads. I would say a solid chunk of Toomua’s worth to the squad is that he can cover fly half when Ford is away. Well he can’t now because he’s also in the Autumn Internationals.
Robespierre
Super User
Super User

Post by Robespierre »

WhitecapTiger wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 4:02 pm
Owen Williams may well play against his old club!
Semper in excretia
trendylfj
Super User
Super User

Post by trendylfj »

I can totally understand Toomua wanting to play in what could be his last opportunity to play in the world cup as I am sure everyone else does. We are just unfortunate that we brought him in as one of our Marque players to cover stand off during the internationals and now we just have to cope with it. Harrison has made a good fist of standing in at fly half in the past - whether he is better than J Ford is another argument as is Tom Harwick We should have a good chunk of our Marque money back in the pot ready for next year and we do need to sign at least 2 other players as a result. One needs to be a better option than JF who can also cover centre when we lose Manu either to France/Japan or the internationals. That needs to be in the process of being sorted out now. Ben Volavola would be one suggestion - can't get into the Racing side at present and wouldn't cost a great deal I don't think, but I am sure others will become available either before, during or after the WC - we just need to be looking now.
Hehehehehehehehe
Chobbsy
Super User
Super User

Post by Chobbsy »

WhitecapTiger wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 4:02 pm
Ben Morgan
God created rugby so footballers have heros too