Tom Youngs

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

chris111
Silver Member
Silver Member

Re: Tom Youngs

Post by chris111 »

Can we please close this thread down? No doubt some will think me 'over-sensitive'...but surely there is nothing to be gained by continuing this discussion? I can't understand how anyone can contemplate anything other now than wishing the Youngs family well in difficult times....discussing playing form is crass insensitivity.
Doghashadhisday
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Doghashadhisday »

chris111 wrote:Can we please close this thread down? No doubt some will think me 'over-sensitive'...but surely there is nothing to be gained by continuing this discussion? I can't understand how anyone can contemplate anything other now than wishing the Youngs family well in difficult times....discussing playing form is crass insensitivity.
Agree totally
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Post by strawclearer »

Doghashadhisday wrote:
chris111 wrote:Can we please close this thread down? No doubt some will think me 'over-sensitive'...but surely there is nothing to be gained by continuing this discussion? I can't understand how anyone can contemplate anything other now than wishing the Youngs family well in difficult times....discussing playing form is crass insensitivity.
Agree totally
+1
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Wear a Mask>Protect The NHS>Save Lives
MrPartridge
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by MrPartridge »

Well as the original poster on this last week asking why Tom's form has droppped this season I'd be the first to say the press release yesterday completely changes my perspective. Knowing the bigger picture I frankly don't know how he has managed to turn up each week and put in a shift. Total respect to Tom and full credit to Ben for his decision not to tour. A reminder that rugby is a game we get caught up in whereas life is absolutely precious.
Hot_Charlie
Super User
Super User

Post by Hot_Charlie »

MrPartridge wrote:Knowing the bigger picture I frankly don't know how he has managed to turn up each week and put in a shift. Total respect to Tom and full credit to Ben for his decision not to tour. A reminder that rugby is a game we get caught up in whereas life is absolutely precious.
Well said. :smt001
Iain
Super User
Super User

Post by Iain »

I hope people now understand why I was being a little defensive and insisting that the conversation should be left well alone.

Awful news. But as supporters, we'll support them. It's what we do.