European fixtures to be drawn on 17th June!

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

chipnchase
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: European fixtures to be drawn on 17th June!

Post by chipnchase »

When I saw us land Stade and Munster all I could think was great and here come Scarlet's!

Cracking chance to get to the quarters, on the other hand great for wasps in terms of high profile games.
JackFlashJonny
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by JackFlashJonny »

I couldn't be happier only issue is I promised the gf next time we play Treviso I will take her to Venice for the weekend...

Some of our best ever european games have come against Stade and Munster..and Munster without O'Connell will be an odd one

On the flip side wish they hadn't signed Alberts now :smt023
ourla
Super User
Super User

Post by ourla »

Don't agree Pool 5 is the group of death given the current standard of Leinster and Wasps. But ours is definitely easier than that. Saints in pool 3 have come out of it OK and I would say have a similar standard group to ours. Clermont should walk Pool 2. Pool 1 is the toughie for me. Three really good teams plus a second French side. Paris, Limerick and Treviso here we come.
Super User
Super User

Post by 4071 »

ourla wrote:Don't agree Pool 5 is the group of death given the current standard of Leinster and Wasps.
That would be HC semi-finalists Leinster and HC quarter-finalists Wasps?

Pool Five is the toughest of the lot, followed by Pool One.

All four teams in Group 5 reached the knock-out stages last season. None of our group did.

Last season, the four teams in Group 4 managed 10 wins and 14 losses in 24 European games between them. Including the Challenge Cup.

Last season the four teams in Group 5 managed 20 wins, 2 draws and only 9 losses from 31 European games. And of the 9 losses, 4 were inflicted by other teams in Group 5 (Toulon beating Wasps and Leinster; Leinster beating Bath and Wasps).
Last edited by 4071 on Wed Jun 17, 2015 2:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JackFlashJonny
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by JackFlashJonny »

4071 wrote:
ourla wrote:Don't agree Pool 5 is the group of death given the current standard of Leinster and Wasps.
That would be HC semi-finalists Leinster and HC quarter-finalists Wasps?

Pool Five is the toughest of the lot, followed by Pool One.

All four teams in Group 5 reached the knock-out stages last season. None of our group did.
I thought it was quite a laughable comment too :smt023
MrPartridge
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by MrPartridge »

Best Pool in years as far as I am concerned.
ourla
Super User
Super User

Post by ourla »

Wasps wouldn't be a worry to any of the teams looking to qualify. Last year they had a good draw and snuck into a QF place whereupon they were comfortably beaten by Toulon. They scraped into a qualifying place for this years competition. They didn't make into our domestic play offs. We trounced them at their place and we had a poor season. If you asked any of the teams which England club they wanted to draw they would have also said Wasps.

Leinster are better and as ever will focus on this competition. But under MOC they generally went backwards and he was sacked. They've yet to appoint a new head coach and they will be starting from a low base compared to not so long back.

And then of course we have flat track bullies Bath. The timing of the group games in the heart of winter won't suit their style.

I agree on paper in terms of European "pedigree" it's a hot group. And I would much rather have ours. But I don't think Toulon will be sweating it. We'll see.
trendylfj
Super User
Super User

Post by trendylfj »

Well, I am really tired now - booked hotels in Treviso and Limerick for all 6 weekends - must remember to cancel them when the actual dates/weekends are announced. Forgot one once and it cost me just under £200. Paris wont be a problem so left that one - gonna take woof woof out for a walk to chill. OOOOOOOEEEERRR - getting really excited.
Hehehehehehehehe
Noddy555
Super User
Super User

Post by Noddy555 »

Not an Easy draw as Stadt are the new French champions and trips to Thomond park to face Munster are never easy, but thank god for the small mercies of not having Toulon, Ulster or Clermont in our pool.
Ze Stade Fan
Super User
Super User

Post by Ze Stade Fan »

And here we are ! Back again ! Alive ! Wow, these snowy days in Romania are over. Now we're bound for... rainy days in Leicester and Munster and I have yet to travel to Treviso, how's it back there ? :smt041

Well, I have GOT to get to Leicester if I have to work for it! Welford Road here I come! :smt026

The only slight shadow on my enthusiasm is the fact that the RWC nearly ruined me. Gosh, I'll stand thumb up in Brent Cross and wait for a lorry to Diesel me up here.

C'mon you pink squad (we're not quite an army yet) ! Ooooh me Tigers, so glad to be back! :smt010
Nemo auditur propriam turpitudinem allegans
sussex tiger

Post by sussex tiger »

Not sure if its just me but are some of those dates given on
Thursdays? i thought European games were on Fridays Saturdays and Sundays ?
Steve
Iain
Super User
Super User

Post by Iain »

I like that draw!!

Drawing Treviso is what everyone hopes for, with all due respect to them.

A home game to Munster is one of the biggest parties you can have at Welford Road and I'm sure loads will look forward to the trip to Thomond Park.

Stade's fans are a good bunch from what I remember and I'd love to see if I could suggest a trip to Paris to the Mrs on the pretence of us visiting some family!!
TigerCam
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerCam »

Well that my annual allotted set of hangover sorted out!! Great places to visit and the rugby of course - now where is that empty piggy bank? :smt030 :smt030 :smt030
Whoever said "one person cannot change the world' never ate undercooked bat
JackFlashJonny
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by JackFlashJonny »

trendylfj wrote:Well, I am really tired now - booked hotels in Treviso and Limerick for all 6 weekends - must remember to cancel them when the actual dates/weekends are announced. Forgot one once and it cost me just under £200. Paris wont be a problem so left that one - gonna take woof woof out for a walk to chill. OOOOOOOEEEERRR - getting really excited.
This is some dedication :smt023
Iain
Super User
Super User

Post by Iain »

sussex tiger wrote:Not sure if its just me but are some of those dates given on
Thursdays? i thought European games were on Fridays Saturdays and Sundays ?
That will be for the Challenge Cup. I remember this being discussed last season.