Saracens v Tigers

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Big Dai
Super User
Super User

Re: Saracens v Tigers

Post by Big Dai »

Iain wrote:What manner of defeatist goes into a game with a team a mere 2 points ahead of you and says "not much chance of a win" ?!
Sorry Iain, Realist.

To spell it out for the dreamer. Two teams closely matched, Sarries with a vice like defence. Tigers with a poor try scoring record. Sarries have home advantage, crowd, and therefore possibly ref advantage. Plus playing on a nasty plastic pitch.

Not much chance of a win is therefore an accurate statement. There is some chance, but not much?

I'd snatch your hand off for an LBP.

Some people!
Exile Wigstonite living in Wales.
Poet laureate of the "One Eyed Turk".
Bar stool philosopher in the "Wilted Daffodil"
barwelltiger
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by barwelltiger »

Is it on bt sport? Sorry cba to go through thread to see if anyone had mentioned it
jimbo83

Post by jimbo83 »

barwelltiger wrote:Is it on bt sport? Sorry cba to go through thread to see if anyone had mentioned it
Yes it is. 3pm
Noddy555
Super User
Super User

Post by Noddy555 »

Of course people label today's game as a must win affair, we have still a 5 pointer to come at Welford Road against London Welsh and the Chiefs and Wasps have some tough matches. No the crunch game whether we will finish in the top 4 is the fixture down the road at the Ricoh arena. That is the must win game.
Duncan B
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Duncan B »

Quotes from Dai Young alluding that Wasps would be happy with finishing 6th. Quite baffling to me. Cant understand that. :smt017
h's dad
Super User
Super User

Post by h's dad »

Noddy555 wrote:Of course people label today's game as a must win affair, we have still a 5 pointer to come at Welford Road against London Welsh and the Chiefs and Wasps have some tough matches. No the crunch game whether we will finish in the top 4 is the fixture down the road at the Ricoh arena. That is the must win game.
Spot on although today will go a long way towards dictating exactly what is needed at the Ricoh.
I am neither clever enough to understand nor stupid enough to play this game
L Smith
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by L Smith »

barwelltiger wrote:Is it on bt sport? Sorry cba to go through thread to see if anyone had mentioned it
And you cba to type your words out either! Who's going to press the buttons on your remote for you?
:smt005
I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed man
L Smith
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by L Smith »

h's dad wrote:
Noddy555 wrote:Of course people label today's game as a must win affair, we have still a 5 pointer to come at Welford Road against London Welsh and the Chiefs and Wasps have some tough matches. No the crunch game whether we will finish in the top 4 is the fixture down the road at the Ricoh arena. That is the must win game.
Spot on although today will go a long way towards dictating exactly what is needed at the Ricoh.
The result today will decide whether it's in our hands to make 3rd imho. I can't decide if I'd rather play Bath or Saints away. Thoughts?
I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed man
TigerLad
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by TigerLad »

Wow, TY yellow for blocking when we have the ball........ I'm lost for words at the standard of refereeing in this country.
FrontRowUnionMember
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by FrontRowUnionMember »

What are the little bits of tape both Billy Vunipola and Charlie Hodgson have behind their ears.
TigerLad
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by TigerLad »

40 minutes with a hugely strong wind behind our backs and we go in 7-6 down. I hope I'm proven wrong but I can't see us winning.
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

Tiger Lad that was a yellow for Tom all day. A stupid decision that's cost us.

Admittedly it's cost us because the ref is too dim to realise it's Sarries wheeling the scrum to try and get Billy V over the line.
longlivethecrumbie
Super User
Super User

Post by longlivethecrumbie »

FrontRowUnionMember wrote:What are the little bits of tape both Billy Vunipola and Charlie Hodgson have behind their ears.
It's something to do with concussions
Bristol Tiger
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Bristol Tiger »

Ref not doing us any favours. Forward pass in the their 22 from Ben Youngs that was flat all day ... Wheeling scrum when we push them back 1m on one side and 3m on the other ... Kruis chases a Saracens kick and knocks it back by starting a metre ahead of the kicker ...

However, Tom Youngs was a yellow. Ref seems apt at spotting mistakes from Tigers.

Thought we had played well in the forwards but backs lacking any cutting edge at the moment.
TigerLad
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by TigerLad »

Bosch try within a minute. Conversion to come. Game over