Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Big Dai
Super User
Super User

Re: Toulon away leg

Post by Big Dai »

Head says "Toulon by two clear scores!"

Heart says "I don't :censored: know! You were WAY wrong last week and you put me through such pain that I skipped several beats. Anything is possible."
Exile Wigstonite living in Wales.
Poet laureate of the "One Eyed Turk".
Bar stool philosopher in the "Wilted Daffodil"
WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WhitecapTiger »

Big Dai wrote:Head says "Toulon by two clear scores!"

Heart says "I don't :censored: know! You were WAY wrong last week and you put me through such pain that I skipped several beats. Anything is possible."
Head out of the misery trough please :smt003 :smt023
Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.
baz1664
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by baz1664 »

Strong looking team, going to take a massive effort to turn Toulon over on their own patch, with Halfpenny back they have a near 100% kicking machine so we need to keep pens down to a min. If we get a dominant pack and field position you never know, good to see Crofty back in the squad, nice to bring Youngs, Crane and Croft on after 60 mins. Tigers need to keep it tight and not make any silly handling mistakes like last week.
Big Dai
Super User
Super User

Post by Big Dai »

WhitecapTiger wrote:
Big Dai wrote:Head says "Toulon by two clear scores!"

Head out of the misery trough please :smt003 :smt023
Heart attack it is then! :smt030
Exile Wigstonite living in Wales.
Poet laureate of the "One Eyed Turk".
Bar stool philosopher in the "Wilted Daffodil"
GS
Super User
Super User

Post by GS »

Essentially its more of the same, and quite right too, assuming there's a huge helping of attitude in with that selection. The rotation at 2 and 8 a little surprising but not that worrying. Croft on the bench is a tough call. Undoubted class so he must have shown good form and fitness at Oval Park unless it's another withdrawal just before the game.

Like Big Dai and quite a few others, including the Toulon team, I was taken aback by the way we played last week and if anything it will need even more of the same at theirs. But as we know from history we can do it against all the odds. We need to keep our heads and let the French lose theirs, which they may well do if we can contain them early on.

My prediction is that there will be a few beers drunk in the pubs showing the game and my hope is that there will be a good few beers and wine drunk in celebration afterwards by our lads (and lasses) who are out there shouting for us. Here's hoping for a good hangover Sunday. :smt023
Opportunities always look bigger going than coming.
iceman_19
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by iceman_19 »

The Toulon teamsheet just looks a cut above ours in terms of established quality (for the most part) and they'll be fired up - but if you take away the set-piece base, then it's anyones game. It's fascinating how they've gone with Levan Chilachava over Carl Hayman - perhaps because the Georgian is shorter and so in theory can deal with Ayerza's low body position to better effect. The opening 20 minutes will be critical - if we can ride out the storm, anything is possible.
My full preview is up at http://www.ruckedover.blogspot.com
Tigers till I die

www.ruckedover.blogspot.com
fentiger
Super User
Super User

Post by fentiger »

Some great comments in this article from Brad:
http://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/Europ ... story.html
amazing tiger
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by amazing tiger »

toulon will be very fired up but if we take and most of their backs and armitage out of the game and make sure we use the ball effectivly its anyones game to be honest. lets hope our forwards are immense like they were last week and our set peice is good it could be a game winner.
Hinckley Bob
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Hinckley Bob »

What was the saying?

Keep the faith! :smt023
Spicer
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Spicer »

Dropping Kitchener, Youngs and Crane is very harsh. In-fact why would you change a side that just beat Toulon at all? I would keep the same side.
ourla
Super User
Super User

Post by ourla »

Spicer wrote:Dropping Kitchener, Youngs and Crane is very harsh. In-fact why would you change a side that just beat Toulon at all? I would keep the same side.
They've not been dropped. Not in the sense of they've been deselected on form. There is a suspicious Kitch took a bit of a battering last week. Youngs is only just back from injury so it's probably part of his return program to start on the bench this week. Crane has played a lot of rugby this season. As others have mention there may be a tactical element to that decision.

The fundamentals of the team certainly hasn't changed.
Rykard
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Rykard »

kitch looked very uncomfortable after the double hit,the others are just rotation I would say.
cheers
Rich
MrPartridge
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by MrPartridge »

They are certainly going to be fired up - let's hope we can frustrate them early and see if they lose their heads again. We must keep our and not give penalties or yellow cards away.

Lovely day here in Toulon - slight breeze, sunny and dry. Bring it on!
Soggypitch
Super User
Super User

Post by Soggypitch »

Rykard wrote:kitch looked very uncomfortable after the double hit,the others are just rotation I would say.
I agree Kitch must be injured not to be in the 23, let's just hope not seriously!

Barbieri offers something different to Crane and I'm pleased to see him get a chance.

Not so sure about OTY on the bench, however Leo is an international hooker and has played very well for the most part this season. He will not let us down and Youngs will come on after 55 or 60 mins and make a real impact.

Youngs should also be nice and fresh for Saints next week and the battle with Hartley!!
Soggypitch
L Smith
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by L Smith »

Rykard wrote:kitch looked very uncomfortable after the double hit,the others are just rotation I would say.
Yes: we've probably forgotten about un-forced rotation!
I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed man