Gloucester away Sat 13th March

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Ian Cant
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Gloucester away Sat 13th March

Post by Ian Cant »

I hope the reaction of Steve Borthwick doesn’t cause unnecessary angst in the club.
To be honest I’ve never understood all this secrecy bit: anyone seeing the Tigers train would soon see Montoya wasn’t around so after not playing last week any member of the press worth their money would latch onto it!
Forget it! Tigers has a great spirit and in Covid times I’d be more worried if members of the club had breached those rules.
It had been rumoured in the press since last week that Montoya was injured as he’d been seen to be in the first fifteen v Irish then wasn’t.

Great win. Enjoy it. Next match far more important.
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

After watching some of the Exeter game, the pitch at Sandy Park looked like it was really struggling, one moment when the fullback lost his footing made me take note but on the whole keeping footing in scrums is a big thing going into next week
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

Was Falcons, to stay up in 18/19, the last team we did the double over in the league?
kk20gb30
Super User
Super User

Post by kk20gb30 »

Recording that away win was always going to be difficult - especially if the match remained close.The nearer you get the more anxious you get - trying to make things happen instead of letting them happen.For those critical of any aspect of our performance please remember where we were at directly prior to Steve Borthwick's arrival.Winning really can become habitual , but it is as much about belief as ability.We have a strong leader - the team will reflect that ethos.
Seemingly heading rapidly toward senility .....Not long or far to go now , in fact, getting worse daily.....
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

TigerFeetSteve wrote: Sat Mar 13, 2021 7:05 pm
Systonite wrote: Sat Mar 13, 2021 7:00 pm Ref was excellent. Decisions accurate. Manner confident.
Our forwards are dogging it out for us. Bit boring at times, but we have the characters to do the graft. No individual glory. Nothing fancy. Just consistent hard work.
Hope is that when Nadolo, Ford and Youngs return we start to do a bit more in the backs.
I actually think we're starting to show a bit more in the backs, today not so much inthe opposition 22, but they made some good progress in terms of meters made. Now our attack is progressing we're also varying, yes we normally kick, but we no longer only kick, which for me is always going to ask questions of an opposition if they don't know what's coming.
Agreed at times I thought Henry particularly mixed it up really well, even if he did made the odd error.
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

I actually really enjoyed listening to the side-commentator, in my opinion balanced, insightful, light-humoured and didn't spend the whole time moaning about ref decisions which is what admittedly I would do if I was one. Wasn't able to catch her name, does anyone know who it was, I think she is a current/former scrumhalf?

On a side note I thought the ref had a good game, I bet the Shed would have still been furious at him though.
loretta
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by loretta »

JP14 wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 9:56 am I actually really enjoyed listening to the side-commentator, in my opinion balanced, insightful, light-humoured and didn't spend the whole time moaning about ref decisions which is what admittedly I would do if I was one. Wasn't able to catch her name, does anyone know who it was, I think she is a current/former scrumhalf?

On a side note I thought the ref had a good game, I bet the Shed would have still been furious at him though.
Mo Someone. Current Glos SH, Welsh player I think.
Last edited by loretta on Sun Mar 14, 2021 10:05 am, edited 2 times in total.
In my defence, I was left unsupervised….
RichieB
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by RichieB »

JP14 wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 9:56 am I actually really enjoyed listening to the side-commentator, in my opinion balanced, insightful, light-humoured and didn't spend the whole time moaning about ref decisions which is what admittedly I would do if I was one. Wasn't able to catch her name, does anyone know who it was, I think she is a current/former scrumhalf?

I read some of the comments on the Glaws Twitter feed and there were several complaints about decisions from the officials. One ‘fan’ said Twelvetrees “had to go”, having watched the game I’m not sure why he was specifically culpable for the loss. Anyway, it was interesting and even slightly amusing to read the comments about their team which were very similar to ones made on this forum during Tigers darkest times (and even more recently in some instances).
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

loretta wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 10:00 am

Mo Someone. Current Glos SH, Welsh player I think
Could it have been Natasha Hunt, the England scrum half who plays for Gloucester-Hartpury?
Rod
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by Rod »

Agree I thought the woman co-commentator on BT was very good. Enthusiastic and insightful
loretta
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by loretta »

Definitely referred to as Mo. Megan Webb would be a good fit
In my defence, I was left unsupervised….
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

Given we're still in lockdown, it makes sense to have people affiliated with the club involved in the commentary, would love Bondi on comms on our games!
Wayne Richardson Fan Club
Super User
Super User

Post by Wayne Richardson Fan Club »

TigerFeetSteve wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 10:30 am Given we're still in lockdown, it makes sense to have people affiliated with the club involved in the commentary, would love Bondi on comms on our games!
I am going to hazard a guess that there might be some issues with swearing...
One of the better "signings" of recent years at the club, not withstanding his new "Series", more output especially in the current climate would be well received.
To win is not as important as playing with style!
LekkerTigers

Post by LekkerTigers »

loretta wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 10:05 am Definitely referred to as Mo. Megan Webb would be a good fit
It was Natasha Hunt, the current England women’s and Gloucester-Hartpury scrumhalf. Her nickname is “Mo”, so you’ll hear her being referred to as Mo Hunt.
Cagey Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Cagey Tiger »

JP14 wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 10:03 am
loretta wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 10:00 am

Mo Someone. Current Glos SH, Welsh player I think
Could it have been Natasha Hunt, the England scrum half who plays for Gloucester-Hartpury?
Correct, it was Natashs (Mo) Hunt

Natasha "Mo" Hunt is an English female rugby union player who plays scrum-half for Gloucester-Hartpury and for England."

While showing some bias towards Glos, she often enthused over individual moments by Tigers players.