LEICESTER TIGERS 2021/22 SQUAD/TRANSFERS/CONTRACTS: Steve Borthwick and the Chamber of Oval Park

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Scott1
Super User
Super User

Re: LEICESTER TIGERS 2021/22thr D SQUAD/TRANSFERS/CONTRACTS: Steve Borthwick and the Chamber of Oval Park

Post by Scott1 »

The SF is a way more important game that Wasps,it would've made more sense doing it before Wasps imo and getting it out the way
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Re: LEICESTER TIGERS 2021/22 SQUAD/TRANSFERS/CONTRACTS: Steve Borthwick and the Chamber of Oval Park

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

Rugbygramps wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 9:34 am
sapajo wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 9:09 am
TigerFeetSteve wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 8:49 am If the club is going to announce leavers before our last game that means today is pretty much it, to give fans a regular season game to say bye to them.
Or wait to the semi final ?
I think that’s it we have a further guaranteed home game after the wasps game so announcements will be made before then.
Personally I'd prefer it before the regular season game, a knockout game is going to have other focuses
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Re: LEICESTER TIGERS 2021/22 SQUAD/TRANSFERS/CONTRACTS: Steve Borthwick and the Chamber of Oval Park

Post by Scott1 »

TigerFeetSteve wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 9:38 am

I think that’s it we have a further guaranteed home game after the wasps game so announcements will be made before then.
Personally I'd prefer it before the regular season game, a knockout game is going to have other focuses
Snap!
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

Of course my point is that we have another guaranteed home game to plan things it isn’t going a case of waiting till after wasps to see where we are playing
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

Agreed, we have no say as we are kept as mushrooms until the club chooses to tell us.
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

sapajo wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 11:36 am

Agreed, we have no say as we are kept as mushrooms until the club chooses to tell us.
Unless there are other factors involved, despite what was said on that podcast I am far from convinced that the MVS situation has been fully resolved
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

We will soon know about MVS tomorrow,I’ll stick my neck out and say if he doesn’t appear in the 23 v Wasps we won’t see him again until next season
Pmvl
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by Pmvl »

I had a chat with Dan Cole on Monday evening at the supporters do, MVS was on the same table as Dan & when I asked if he'd be back playing this season I got told no but he'd be back next season
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Pmvl wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 11:56 am I had a chat with Dan Cole on Monday evening at the supporters do, MVS was on the same table as Dan & when I asked if he'd be back playing this season I got told no but he'd be back next season
Thanks Pmvl! Some more nice inside info 👍
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

Pmvl wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 11:56 am I had a chat with Dan Cole on Monday evening at the supporters do, MVS was on the same table as Dan & when I asked if he'd be back playing this season I got told no but he'd be back next season
Thanks PMVL. Hope you enjoyed your chat with Coley despite the public perception he is an intelligent guy with a dry sense of humour.
Good news re MVS and would seem to be the sensible one. Hopefully the Boks will leave him a full summer to recover and it will be like having a new signing next season
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

More to the point will he play for SA this summer???
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

sapajo wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 12:26 pm
You would be peeved if he did! But I'm sure SA medical team will have a look at him
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

Scott1 wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 12:48 pm
You would be peeved if he did! But I'm sure SA medical team will have a look at him
I hope that having not played in 6 months they decide to give him a preseason and leave him till the AIs to play him, it's not like SA are short of back row options
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

TigerFeetSteve wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 2:21 pm
Scott1 wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 12:48 pm

I hope that having not played in 6 months they decide to give him a preseason and leave him till the AIs to play him, it's not like SA are short of back row options
That’s my hopes too!
MrG2

Post by MrG2 »

Don't want to worry anyone unnecessarily but I saw a car in Oadby today with the registration FAZZ don't know if it is the son or the dad coming as it was an Asian lady driving. I have seen rumours on here with less substantiveness. :smt005