LEICESTER TIGERS 2021/22 SQUAD/TRANSFERS/CONTRACTS: Steve Borthwick and the Chamber of Oval Park

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Re: LEICESTER TIGERS 2021/22 SQUAD/TRANSFERS/CONTRACTS: Steve Borthwick and the Chamber of Oval Park

Post by Rugbygramps »

Just a thought Tigers playing hard ball with him possibly ? Not likely I know
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Re: LEICESTER TIGERS 2021/22 SQUAD/TRANSFERS/CONTRACTS: Steve Borthwick and the Chamber of Oval Park

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

Rugbygramps wrote: Wed Jun 01, 2022 9:02 am Just a thought Tigers playing hard ball with him possibly ? Not likely I know
Think it's more likely (though still not likely at all) that Moroni and the club are teasing us, wanting it all to be a surprise and have some big reveal lined up.
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
longlivethecrumbie
Super User
Super User

Post by longlivethecrumbie »

Just imagine if this situation had come up three years ago - this forum would be in uproar!
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

I think everyone would be disappointed to see him go but it’s what it is and we are in a position of strength there.
Also wondering if it is a language barrier thing did PMVL ask him he had re-signed but he took as has he resigned, causes enough confusion for native English speakers
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Rugbygramps wrote: Wed Jun 01, 2022 9:13 am I think everyone would be disappointed to see him go but it’s what it is and we are in a position of strength there.
Also wondering if it is a language barrier thing did PMVL ask him he had re-signed but he took as has he resigned, causes enough confusion for native English speakers
You’re right gramps,the grammar police even pick that up on here so what chance has poor Matias got?! 😂👍
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
Pellsey
Super User
Super User

Post by Pellsey »

Scott1 wrote: Wed Jun 01, 2022 9:16 am
Rugbygramps wrote: Wed Jun 01, 2022 9:13 am I think everyone would be disappointed to see him go but it’s what it is and we are in a position of strength there.
You’re right gramps,the grammar police even pick that up on here so what chance has poor Matias got?! 😂👍
To be fair, this is spelling changing semantics not grammar :smt003
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Pellsey wrote: Wed Jun 01, 2022 9:27 am
Scott1 wrote: Wed Jun 01, 2022 9:16 am
To be fair, this is spelling changing semantics not grammar :smt003
Nice! 😜👍
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
FrontRowUnionMember
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by FrontRowUnionMember »

RagingBull wrote: Wed Jun 01, 2022 8:50 am From what I heard Tigers wanted to look at someone more available.
Someone else coming in (eg the Stef Hughes rumours), or someone already here (more time for Scott/Porter)?
Pmvl
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by Pmvl »

I actually talked to him twice, once inside at the presentation event & as I went to my motor in the car park he came out & started talking to me saying tigers did not want him to re-sign, I know there is a language barrier but that is definitely what he said. I for one will be sorry to see him go if he does.
Leicestertinytiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Leicestertinytiger »

Does Cokanasiga okay 12 or 13? I know he played mainly 12 in the youth teams but has he moved to outside?
GB72
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by GB72 »

I think that the Autumn Internationals are now a big problem. Clubs can handle losing Southern Hemisphere players at the start of the season and European players for the 6 Nations but to lose, in most cases, all of the European and Southern Hemisphere players are once for a number of weeks in the Autumn is a massive blow and I gues with smaller squads, clubs are now havng to look at value and availability as well as the simple wage cost.
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Not just that you have the RWC coming up also which unless just a 1 year deal needs to be a factor.

On top of the England players potentially missing more games.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

How long is the reduced cap for,2 years?
ay2oh
Super User
Super User

Post by ay2oh »

Scott1 wrote: Wed Jun 01, 2022 10:40 am How long is the reduced cap for,2 years?
Yes think it goes back up the season after next. I.e. 23-24
A2O
wigworth
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by wigworth »

Scott1 wrote: Wed Jun 01, 2022 10:40 am How long is the reduced cap for,2 years?
It will return to £6.4 million at the start of the 2024-25 season.

Details are on this page https://www.premiershiprugby.com/news/p ... salary-cap