Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Crofty
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Saracens (Away) - Saturday 05th March 2022 - KO 3-00pm

Post by Crofty »

Tiglon wrote: Mon Feb 28, 2022 8:53 am
glenn wrote: Mon Feb 28, 2022 7:15 am
Scott1 wrote: Sun Feb 27, 2022 9:15 pm I still believe a fully loaded Sarries side are better than us,just.
Can't argue with that. Player for player, when like for like is on paper, they have the edge.

I know we all want to be in the final. But think back to this time last year, most of us would be happy to be top 4/6 . To be there at the end of the season is a huge swing and massive turn about for The squad. I'm happy with my team playing well. I'm overjoyed at our form and blown away to be top of the league
Agreed, Sarries just have that bit (quite a lot) more experience at the business end of competitions. At the start of the season my idea of success was probably a top 4 finish, with 5th/6th being ok as long as it looked like we were progressing on the pitch. It will obviously now be disappointing if we don't make it to a final, but bearing in mind where we were, anything better than a full on England-cricket-style collapse from here would still equal an exceptionally successful season, and I'm confident we will be even stronger next season.
I mean, I agree in principle but I do think it would be sad if Ford and Genge miss out on a title winners medal...
No, not that one!

Remember, whatever you do to the smallest of the backs you do to his prop, and you can't avoid the rucks and mauls forever...

I know you don't like it when I boo him but how else will he know he's wrong?

non possumus capere
Tiglon
Super User
Super User

Post by Tiglon »

Crofty wrote: Mon Feb 28, 2022 9:29 am
Tiglon wrote: Mon Feb 28, 2022 8:53 am
glenn wrote: Mon Feb 28, 2022 7:15 am

Can't argue with that. Player for player, when like for like is on paper, they have the edge.

I know we all want to be in the final. But think back to this time last year, most of us would be happy to be top 4/6 . To be there at the end of the season is a huge swing and massive turn about for The squad. I'm happy with my team playing well. I'm overjoyed at our form and blown away to be top of the league
Agreed, Sarries just have that bit (quite a lot) more experience at the business end of competitions. At the start of the season my idea of success was probably a top 4 finish, with 5th/6th being ok as long as it looked like we were progressing on the pitch. It will obviously now be disappointing if we don't make it to a final, but bearing in mind where we were, anything better than a full on England-cricket-style collapse from here would still equal an exceptionally successful season, and I'm confident we will be even stronger next season.
I mean, I agree in principle but I do think it would be sad if Ford and Genge miss out on a title winners medal...
I agree, they have both put so much into Tigers. But, it's their choice to leave halfway through the journey. I'd really love it if Tom Youngs was able to return at some point and get himself another winners medal, that would be truly special, but probably unlikely now.
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

I just can’t see OTY returning now, much as he will be staying fit farming, gym work etc. that is very different to rugby match fit.

On Saracens much as he is seen as the anti christ they are really missing Farrell control at 10, once he returns they will be a step up
trendylfj
Super User
Super User

Post by trendylfj »

Totally agree with the OTY's sentiments and maybe there will be an opportunity later in the season to get him onto the field. As for the team, I would certainly go with Ford and Burns at FH and FB but would have Hegarty as a backup. He has got better and better at FB and I particularly like the positive way he calls for the high ball nice and early. I also don't think he will play Nemani but he will be going all out for a win ISBWT.
Hehehehehehehehe
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

trendylfj wrote: Mon Feb 28, 2022 11:22 am Totally agree with the OTY's sentiments and maybe there will be an opportunity later in the season to get him onto the field. As for the team, I would certainly go with Ford and Burns at FH and FB but would have Hegarty as a backup. He has got better and better at FB and I particularly like the positive way he calls for the high ball nice and early. I also don't think he will play Nemani but he will be going all out for a win ISBWT.
Agreed prefer Burns at FB as Hegarty scares the proverbial jeeeps out of me. Case in point his headless chicken impression of Jonny May trying to run out of our 22, he had no clue as to what he was doing, where he was going and without Mays pace. He was lucky not to concede a try as a result, that said he can catch the ball..............
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
Leicestertinytiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Leicestertinytiger »

Odd game going into, got some players potentially coming back from injury who need minutes and it’s not the end of the world if we lose. Expect some rotation, I’d go for:

Van Wyk - Dolly - Heyes
Wells - Green
Martin - Wiese - Robinson
Wigglesworth - Ford
Scott - Porter
Potter - Burns - Ashton

Clare, Whitcombe, Hurd, Chessum, Reffell, JVP, Moroni, Murimurivalu
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

longlivethecrumbie wrote: Sun Feb 27, 2022 6:05 pm
LE18 wrote: Sun Feb 27, 2022 5:38 pm
longlivethecrumbie wrote: Sun Feb 27, 2022 5:28 pm

He's signed on for next season. Why would you not keep him on?
Yes I am aware of that, I suppose I'm questioning the wisdom of that, great player he has been, I'm thinking he is showing his age and certainly not the player we originally signed, especially with possibly signing Ashton who showed some good form yesterday.
I Think forum needs to forget my post, its just my opinion.
Didn't mean to be so dismissive, apologies.

I'm sure if Nemzy feels like he can't contribute in the way he wants them he will take it out of the clubs hands.

Two bad games doesn't mean he's done, but I think we will know more in the run in. Also, as the tracks harden up we may see more of him.

He looked genuinely frustrated and disappointed as he came off yesterday. I also don't think we've looked to use him much as either a direct runner or decoy in either of the last two games.
Its great to have a polite discussion, no apologies necessary. :smt052
longlivethecrumbie
Super User
Super User

Post by longlivethecrumbie »

LE18 wrote: Mon Feb 28, 2022 6:56 pm
longlivethecrumbie wrote: Sun Feb 27, 2022 6:05 pm
LE18 wrote: Sun Feb 27, 2022 5:38 pm

Yes I am aware of that, I suppose I'm questioning the wisdom of that, great player he has been, I'm thinking he is showing his age and certainly not the player we originally signed, especially with possibly signing Ashton who showed some good form yesterday.
I Think forum needs to forget my post, its just my opinion.
Didn't mean to be so dismissive, apologies.

I'm sure if Nemzy feels like he can't contribute in the way he wants them he will take it out of the clubs hands.

Two bad games doesn't mean he's done, but I think we will know more in the run in. Also, as the tracks harden up we may see more of him.

He looked genuinely frustrated and disappointed as he came off yesterday. I also don't think we've looked to use him much as either a direct runner or decoy in either of the last two games.
Its great to have a polite discussion, no apologies necessary. :smt052
:smt023
Ian Cant
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Ian Cant »

I don’t think any player will want resting now! Two more games then the Premiership Cup then Exeter then a rest weekend!
Sadly Ben Youngs said in his Times interview he was sad that he wouldn’t play with Tom again!
Try to keep the wins coming as Sarries, London Irish and then Exeter could be 3 losses! Beat Sarries first as it’s one game at a time. Lose to Sarries then Irish will feel confident of beating us!
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Yes I agree,unless Quins finish the season on a rampant run 5 more points should be enough to secure first or second so let's just get it out of the way ASAP!

Edit:My apologies,forgot it was a 24 game season. So it's more likely 10 more points will be needed. I think RB mentioned this already and he was spot on
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
loretta
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by loretta »

Ian Cant wrote: Mon Feb 28, 2022 9:50 pm I don’t think any player will want resting now! Two more games then the Premiership Cup then Exeter then a rest weekend!
Sadly Ben Youngs said in his Times interview he was sad that he wouldn’t play with Tom again!
Try to keep the wins coming as Sarries, London Irish and then Exeter could be 3 losses! Beat Sarries first as it’s one game at a time. Lose to Sarries then Irish will feel confident of beating us!
Looking forward to the next few fixtures, I’ll admit I’m scratching my head. We have LI twice, once during the 6 nations in the Premiership and then a couple of weeks after the internationals end in the the prem cup. So much for using the prem cup when the 6 nations is on!
In my defence, I was left unsupervised….
longlivethecrumbie
Super User
Super User

Post by longlivethecrumbie »

loretta wrote: Tue Mar 01, 2022 7:31 am
Ian Cant wrote: Mon Feb 28, 2022 9:50 pm I don’t think any player will want resting now! Two more games then the Premiership Cup then Exeter then a rest weekend!
Looking forward to the next few fixtures, I’ll admit I’m scratching my head. We have LI twice, once during the 6 nations in the Premiership and then a couple of weeks after the internationals end in the the prem cup. So much for using the prem cup when the 6 nations is on!
I guess though it's an easy out for international player rest periods after the 6N
fentiger
Super User
Super User

Post by fentiger »

longlivethecrumbie wrote: Tue Mar 01, 2022 7:47 am I guess though it's an easy out for international player rest periods after the 6N
Makes a mockery of these 'rest periods' when a player eg: Fordy hardly gets on the pitch! Will it still apply in his case? :smt017
DeadlyDunc
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by DeadlyDunc »

I’ve a sneaky feeling SB might go leftfield like with the 1st game

Whitcombe
Dolly
Leatigaga
Green
Snyman
Martin
Reffell
Hanro
Wigg
Burns
Saumaki
Socino
Scott
Ashton
Hegarty

Maybe Moroni or Henderson in there too if they are fit to play.
Soggypitch
Super User
Super User

Post by Soggypitch »

When will we know which England squad players will be released for this weekend?

Heyes is probably the most important if Cole is still injured, but it would be good to get Ford and Chessum back as well and I'm sure both would benefit from the game time.

No chance for Steward and YBY!
Soggypitch