Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

OakhamTiger32
Super User
Super User

Re: 20th Feb 2021 - Home vs Wasps

Post by OakhamTiger32 »

TigerFeetSteve wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 4:42 pm
Rob18C wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 4:33 pm
trendylfj wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 11:32 am I agree with selecting our most attacking side but as we don't know the injury situation nor the passport situation of several players it does make life difficult to appear informed. Forgetting all that I believe our best 23 for this game are the following

De Bruin
Montoya
Cole
Martin
Lavannini
Liebenberg
Brink
Wiese
JVP
Bonilla
Nadolo
Scott
Porter
Van Wyk
Steward

Leatigaga
Youngs
Heyes
Wells
Reffell
Wigglesworth
McPhillips
Murimurivalu

The important change for me is that if Bonilla is fit he has to play at the expense of another overseas player and Montoya is a must so one of the others may have to drop out - not been impressed with Henry's play/game management and that makes life very difficult for the rest of the backs
Pretty much agree, just a couple of thoughts. Martin was very impressive last week so do feel he deserves another start but unlikely to get into the back row at the moment. Is he as capable in second row? I am just hesitant playing players if they can only 'cover' second row (or any secondary position) instead of being a genuine second row. if he is then he gets a start, if not I would go for wells. rest of the forwards are spot on for me.

JVP 100% deserves a start, although wouldn't be surprised if Wigglesworth does start.

IMO I would stay with Henry, Scott, Moroni at 10,12,13, I agree they haven't been amazing but we want to build partnerships and I don't think Bonilla has played much if at all on 2021 so would be surprised if he starts. Nadolo/Van wyk on wings if fit. if Nadolo isn't fit then Murimurivalu. I thought Murimurivalu did a decent job last week would be happy for him to start but just feel Van Wyk is ahead of him at the moment. Steward goes without saying!

Agree with the bench but porter if Muri starts
I believe Martin is primarily a lock, but is coming through in the back row
That's correct he is. I'd like to see him played at lock at bit more to be honest with so many fantastic options in the back row
Rob18C
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by Rob18C »

OakhamTiger32 wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 4:47 pm
TigerFeetSteve wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 4:42 pm
Rob18C wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 4:33 pm

Pretty much agree, just a couple of thoughts. Martin was very impressive last week so do feel he deserves another start but unlikely to get into the back row at the moment. Is he as capable in second row? I am just hesitant playing players if they can only 'cover' second row (or any secondary position) instead of being a genuine second row. if he is then he gets a start, if not I would go for wells. rest of the forwards are spot on for me.

JVP 100% deserves a start, although wouldn't be surprised if Wigglesworth does start.

IMO I would stay with Henry, Scott, Moroni at 10,12,13, I agree they haven't been amazing but we want to build partnerships and I don't think Bonilla has played much if at all on 2021 so would be surprised if he starts. Nadolo/Van wyk on wings if fit. if Nadolo isn't fit then Murimurivalu. I thought Murimurivalu did a decent job last week would be happy for him to start but just feel Van Wyk is ahead of him at the moment. Steward goes without saying!

Agree with the bench but porter if Muri starts
I believe Martin is primarily a lock, but is coming through in the back row
That's correct he is. I'd like to see him played at lock at bit more to be honest with so many fantastic options in the back row
Thanks for clarifying, even more impressed with last weks performance then as he is primarily a lock
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

OakhamTiger32 wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 3:08 pm
Wayne Richardson Fan Club wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 3:07 pm
OakhamTiger32 wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 2:49 pm The man in the middle is..... Craig Maxwell-Keys (87th Premiership game)

Assistant Referees: Jack Makepeace & John Meredith. TMO: Claire Hodnett. Citing Officer: Allister Hogg.
Not often you can class CMK as an upgrade on the previous sir...
Only a slight upgrade but yes, can't be much worse than last week
You would hope so, I have seen improvements in CMK's level of officiation, but he's far behind the likes of Barnes or Luke Pearce.
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

I would like to see Martin start in the second row.
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
OakhamTiger32
Super User
Super User

Post by OakhamTiger32 »

JP14 wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 7:23 pm I would like to see Martin start in the second row.
I think he could be great there and with Lavanini and Enever leaving I really hope he gets the chance
Leicestertinytiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Leicestertinytiger »

I think Martin showed against Quins he can be a point of difference in the pack. Agreed against Wasps I’d want to see him the second row, partnered with Green. Wells on the bench. I would drop Lavanini completely from the 23 if it meant Bonilla could start at 10.
OakhamTiger32
Super User
Super User

Post by OakhamTiger32 »

Leicestertinytiger wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 8:10 pm I think Martin showed against Quins he can be a point of difference in the pack. Agreed against Wasps I’d want to see him the second row, partnered with Green. Wells on the bench. I would drop Lavanini completely from the 23 if it meant Bonilla could start at 10.
I think it’s Montoya and Moroni that would keep Bonilla out of the 23 not Lavanini as I believe he has a European passport. Would be great to see Bonilla given a chance but I reckon we will look to keep developing the partnerships and will likely see Henry and JvP again
OakhamTiger32
Super User
Super User

Post by OakhamTiger32 »

Steve Borthwick is 'hopeful' to have an experienced trio of Leicester Tigers stars available for Saturday's visit of Wasps to the Mattioli Woods Welford Road.

Winger Nemani Nadolo, number eight Jasper Wiese and scrum-half Richard Wigglesworth all missed out on last Saturday's defeat at Harlequins.

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/spor ... ps-5015817
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

OakhamTiger32 wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 11:30 am Steve Borthwick is 'hopeful' to have an experienced trio of Leicester Tigers stars available for Saturday's visit of Wasps to the Mattioli Woods Welford Road.

Winger Nemani Nadolo, number eight Jasper Wiese and scrum-half Richard Wigglesworth all missed out on last Saturday's defeat at Harlequins.

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/spor ... ps-5015817
Hopefully JVP still starts! Though always good to have players back fit.
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Good news,Weise is close to irreplaceable!
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
tigercub21

Post by tigercub21 »

Am I right in saying that most six nations teams have let their players go and play for their club this week? If so have England done the same? I know it usually doesn’t happen but does anyone know if we may have the England boys this week?
trendylfj
Super User
Super User

Post by trendylfj »

tigercub21 wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 12:30 pm Am I right in saying that most six nations teams have let their players go and play for their club this week? If so have England done the same? I know it usually doesn’t happen but does anyone know if we may have the England boys this week?
France certainly have not let their players go back, neither have England. Would be very very surprised if any of the others have too - all seem to be operating a bubble and won't want to burst it IMHO.
Hehehehehehehehe
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

tigercub21 wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 12:30 pm Am I right in saying that most six nations teams have let their players go and play for their club this week? If so have England done the same? I know it usually doesn’t happen but does anyone know if we may have the England boys this week?
Youngs, Ford and Genge remain in the England bubble so guess that all players will remain with England and not be available for their clubs this weekend........makes sense.
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

Tigerbeat wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 12:44 pm
Youngs, Ford and Genge remain in the England bubble so guess that all players will remain with England and not be available for their clubs this weekend........makes sense.
England have not released any players.

Ireland have released 12 (who haven't had much game time so far)

France I don't think have released any?

Not sure on the others tbh
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
Wayne Richardson Fan Club
Super User
Super User

Post by Wayne Richardson Fan Club »

All Non English players have to return to their English clubs as PRL are bone headed on this issue.
To win is not as important as playing with style!