George North RFU report

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

fleabane
Super User
Super User

Re: George North RFU report

Post by fleabane »

World Rugby to examine the RFU report in light of protocols not being fully followed!

http://www.worldrugby.org/news/214113
Valhalla I am coming!
wormus
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by wormus »

fleabane wrote:World Rugby to examine the RFU report in light of protocols not being fully followed!

http://www.worldrugby.org/news/214113
At last someone is looking at the long term health of players and the obvious failings of Northampton's staff in not admitting the seriousness of the injury, frequency and of rushing him back on the field. Good for World Rugby - "But the game's governing body says that assessment should not have been undertaken and that the Wales international should have been "immediately and permanently removed" because of "a suspected loss of consciousness" involving a "high-risk player based on medical history".
I just hope that the 24 year old George North is NOT the next Geoff Astle.
fortysix
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by fortysix »

Northampton and Voldemort seemingly are treating North as an expendable commodity, simple as..

With all the vast uncontestable medical evidence from the USA over identical cases + Jamie Cudmore --------- it is patently clear that George is a time bomb health wise as a result of his persistent concussions.

If I was his Father, I would urge him to retire, collect the vast insurance he will get, and take up a sport where head contact is not possible.

Otherwise I fear, like many others not so high profile, he will be a walking zombie before too long .. brain damage is non negiotable.
L Smith
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by L Smith »

fortysix wrote:With all the vast uncontestable medical evidence from the USA over identical cases + Jamie Cudmore --------- it is patently clear that George is a time bomb health wise as a result of his persistent concussions.

If I was his Father, I would urge him to retire, collect the vast insurance he will get, and take up a sport where head contact is not possible.

Otherwise I fear, like many others not so high profile, he will be a walking zombie before too long .. brain damage is non negiotable.
Don't want to jump on the anti Saints bandwagon but I agree with all the above. This has all the hallmarks of a future disaster on a personal level for a young man who may look back and wonder why he and his support network didn't call time.
I sincerely hope I'm wrong
I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed man
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/38445599

George North to return to playing this weekend.
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk