Matt Toomua

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Noddy555
Super User
Super User

Re: Matt Toomua

Post by Noddy555 »

Comparing Toomua's possible debut with Scott Hamiltpn's is silly. Things were a lot different in those days. Hamilton was a class player and if English would have walked straight into the England team. Toomua has yet tp prove himself at premiership level.
fentiger
Super User
Super User

Post by fentiger »

Noddy555 wrote:Comparing Toomua's possible debut with Scott Hamiltpn's is silly. Things were a lot different in those days. Hamilton was a class player and if English would have walked straight into the England team. Toomua has yet tp prove himself at premiership level.
So, had Scotty then proven himself at Prem level before his arrival at Tigers? Don't get it :smt017
drc_007
Super User
Super User

Post by drc_007 »

Noddy555 wrote:Comparing Toomua's possible debut with Scott Hamiltpn's is silly. Things were a lot different in those days. Hamilton was a class player and if English would have walked straight into the England team. Toomua has yet tp prove himself at premiership level.
Scott Hamilton had 2 international caps, Toomua already has 33 and has done plenty to prove himself.

Including this against England

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeiFE9Nz9Q4
Tiger_in_Birmingham
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Tiger_in_Birmingham »

Hamilton was unproven at a Premiership level :smt017

Toomua is class and would walk straight into the England team
Soggypitch
Super User
Super User

Post by Soggypitch »

I'm just delighted he has arrived - only just spotted this thread. Hope he makes a speedy recovery from concussion and it's good news he will be able to train straight away to learn the moves/calls or perhaps teach our current coaches a few moves!!

As for a foes list - not for me. I like to see all opinions and the forum would be a poorer place if everyone thought the same!!
Soggypitch
chris11
Tiger Cub

Post by chris11 »

Cardiff Tig wrote:
Snorbins wrote:The only import I remember having an immediate run off the plane was Scotty Hamilton, instant hit with the supporters.
Didn't Craig Newby also play straight away (and convert a try as well if my memory is correct?)
Early days, I know - but am I alone in thinking JPP has been our top performer over the first 3 games?
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Post by strawclearer »

Soggypitch wrote: As for a foes list - not for me. I like to see all opinions and the forum would be a poorer place if everyone thought the same!!
Anyone who can disagree without being disagreeable is not a Troll but a valid contributor imho - however negative their views are perceived to be by others. There may be more little digs than on 'Time Team' but a bit of friendly banter is just fine by me and the wider the range of opinions, the better.

However (as I said in another thread) - a troll is a person who sows discord by starting arguments or upsetting people, by posting inflammatory, extraneous, or off-topic messages with the deliberate intent of provoking readers into an emotional response or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion, often for their own amusement.

Putting them on my 'Ignore' list :smt039 has been a huge relief and allows me to see the wide range of opinions on here unemcumbered by the trolls' clutter!

Oh and - I'm thrilled Matt Toomua has arrived too!
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Wear a Mask>Protect The NHS>Save Lives
Stu_F
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Stu_F »

chris11 wrote:
Cardiff Tig wrote:
Snorbins wrote:The only import I remember having an immediate run off the plane was Scotty Hamilton, instant hit with the supporters.
Didn't Craig Newby also play straight away (and convert a try as well if my memory is correct?)
Early days, I know - but am I alone in thinking JPP has been our top performer over the first 3 games?
No you're not alone, there are at least 2 of us.
mol2
Super User
Super User

Post by mol2 »

Are some suggesting that our newly arrived experienced international centre needs to prove himself before he gets picked?

Prove he is fit and over the concussion yes, but I fear some would expect him to play a few development squad and LV cup matches before being considered worthy of a place on the bench.
At least 3 years before he could get picked as a first choice. Then be criticised for leaving. :smt002
Soggypitch
Super User
Super User

Post by Soggypitch »

mol2 wrote:Are some suggesting that our newly arrived experienced international centre needs to prove himself before he gets picked?

Prove he is fit and over the concussion yes, but I fear some would expect him to play a few development squad and LV cup matches before being considered worthy of a place on the bench.
At least 3 years before he could get picked as a first choice. Then be criticised for leaving. :smt002
Never fear MT will be in the team the moment he is even half fit!! :smt003
Soggypitch
wormus
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by wormus »

Here is the Mercury column on his arrival :- http://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/big-s ... story.html
Snorbins
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Snorbins »

4th concussion in 3 years? Time for the bubble wrap head gear. Let's see if he is the saviour, looking to seeing him.
Roly
Super User
Super User

Post by Roly »

Tiger_in_Birmingham wrote:
Hamilton was unproven at a Premiership level :smt017

Toomua is class and would walk straight into the England team
He did, in the Summer.
“It is no use saying, ‘We are doing our best.’ You have got to succeed in doing what is necessary.” Sir Winston Churchill.
fentiger
Super User
Super User

Post by fentiger »

Roly
Super User
Super User

Post by Roly »

Oooooo isn't he just a dreamboat....
“It is no use saying, ‘We are doing our best.’ You have got to succeed in doing what is necessary.” Sir Winston Churchill.