Injuries !! - Cole, Camacho & Pearce!!

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

TigerLad
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Injuries !! - Cole, Camacho & Pearce!!

Post by TigerLad »

I can't agree with you on Benjamin. He's looked top class whenever he's played and is one of the best finishers we've had for a while and at 26 is hardly past it. If he stays injury free I can see him playing for England in the next few years because he has all the skills needed at the top level. I can understand why a lot of people have a problem with Camacho but he is proven international quality who won't be on a massive salary considering his injury issues.
Dave
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Dave »

I would love to see us field a team with a fully fit Benjamin and Camacho in it.

The few games Benjamin played this season he was starting to look very good.
mol2
Super User
Super User

Post by mol2 »

To those who suggest that Cole should have had his neck operated on earlier:
You were right!
However to have done so would have been the wrong call medically - whether he's a rugby player or a bank manager. Most discs get better with time so it would be daft to operate until time had been given chance to heal the problem.
The surgery itself is not 100% safe nor a guaranteed cure. So the player, the club and the club Dr (who AFIK is a spinal orthopaedic surgeon) have put Dan's best interests first.

As for Benjamin - not sure we can call him the Darren Anderton of Tigers yet. Two different problems. When he did play he looked something special. A bit rusty in defence and positional play but serious pace and power when he got the ball. There are very few players with that sort of gas - Varndell and Habana and and the early days of Dan Luger.
I fear that when he gets fit and stays fit we'll lose him to England.
jauzy19
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by jauzy19 »

ourla
Super User
Super User

Post by ourla »

:censored:.
Darc Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Darc Tiger »

Christ! What awful bad luck for player and club... Fingers crossed Benji will be okay for the season.
Rykard
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Rykard »

ourla wrote::censored:.
+1
cheers
Rich
Super User
Super User

Post by 4071 »

That's really disappointing for the player.

Not such terrible news for the club - there's plenty of cover for him in the squad, to the extent that his failure to play a single minute last season was not really an issue. But it's really bad luck for him.
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

Poor bloke. If he comes back to health - IF - then we have a good player probably committed to us for a while.
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
Jimmy Skitz
Super User
Super User

Post by Jimmy Skitz »

Stu_F wrote:Just seen a headline in Mercury another long term injury. Headline says Miles Benjamin but picture is of Niki Goneva, any ideas as to who it is that's injured? Clearly with such a big story to cover like the City reserve goalkeeper whose mum doesn't like his beard to cover one can see how the Mercury staff could be distracted!
complain all you like but the mercury is a business and football stories sell more, an interview with a newly signed player will be something that draws in more sales, especially given that there are more football fans in the city then Rugby
L Smith
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by L Smith »

Has anyone got any idea where we are with these boys, as well as Benjamin?
I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed man
L Smith
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by L Smith »

Forget it! Just seen this in the Mercury from 30th July. Nothing on Benjie, though.

"Three players who Blake will not be working with yet are injured trio Dan Cole (neck), Gonzalo Camacho (shoulder) and new back-rower Laurence Pearce (knee).

All three will miss the start of the season but Burke said they are making good progress.

"Coley is coming on and is in his rehab stage. He has had his operation and he is working hard in the gym," he said. "With a neck injury, only time will tell when he will return.

"But Dan is diligent and does what he is told. As far as I am aware, he is still on track for a November return.

"Camacho has had another operation and will still be out for a while. He has not played any rugby for the club yet and that is frustrating for him and us.

"There is always an element of danger in any operation and he has had it fixed now under guidelines that were set in stone. He will not be fit for the start of the season and it will be week-by-week progress.

"Laurence did his ACL (anterior cruciate ligament) last season. He is rehabbing now and is progressing very well.

"Hopefully, he will be starting rugby training soon. He has not done any on-field running but his knee is getting stronger."
I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed man
mothy
Tiger Cub

Post by mothy »

Please forgive me I seldom post on the Tigers forums:

A few points that come to mind.

I am all for informed amateur analysis that contributes to our knowledge of the Tigers and assume we are all supporters of a great team with a great tradition.

Where I struggle on any of our threads is when that comments become personal, I think the test of acceptability should be if you read the article and it was talking about you would you be upset ?

To read somebody is "useless" and should be jettisoned( particularly because of injury ) is I think somewhat offensive and whilst I am not for censorship I am for loyalty support and informed comment

Come on Tigers I look forward to a great season ahead.
Darc Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Darc Tiger »

Think I read somewhere that Benji is training. That's just whispers though, so could be wrong.
Stu_F
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Stu_F »

I've not only heard that Benjamin is training but that he's looking very sharp in training too. I saw him yesterday at open day and he looked fit enough.