Steve Mafi?

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

youngtiger
Silver Member
Silver Member

Re: Steve Mafi?

Post by youngtiger »

The back row have got through a lot of rugby, and with such a quality pair of replacements to come in it would be fair enough to give someone like Gibson a rest. Plus, our lineout struggled at the weekend, and though Gibson is very good in the lineout, Croft is one of the best lineout jumpers in the world on his day.
wormus
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by wormus »

youngtiger wrote:The back row have got through a lot of rugby, and with such a quality pair of replacements to come in it would be fair enough to give someone like Gibson a rest. Plus, our lineout struggled at the weekend, and though Gibson is very good in the lineout, Croft is one of the best lineout jumpers in the world on his day.
The inclusion of Steve Mafi in the lineout must help, we were poor last weekend Slater , Parling , Kitchener , + Croft or Mafi need to counter Borthwick . The Sale player Vilaimi Kahiki got higher than us despite no knees bandages on !! Picture in Telegraph.
Good luck on Saturday Steve.
Saracens incidently are looking closely for a suitable replacement for Borthwick - one who is really tall ,gives penalties away , constantly talks to the Ref., has a short temper and known to handbag - Step up Jim Hamilton he may get an early release from Montpellier.
Hot_Charlie
Super User
Super User

Post by Hot_Charlie »

I have to admit feeling a little more pessimistic on hearing Croft and Mafi are expected in the 23 this weekend. Croft is understandable, as he has to play ASAP to have any chance of touring this summer. Mafi: I wonder, with everything else going on, Gibson on form, Croft coming back, whether he is being given a final swansong off the bench at WR now that semi qualification is assured?

I hope I'm wrong, but following the compassionate issues, and with the other alleged signings and Gibson's breakthrough as a solid talent, I think it may be the case.
amazing tiger
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by amazing tiger »

Hot_Charlie wrote:I have to admit feeling a little more pessimistic on hearing Croft and Mafi are expected in the 23 this weekend. Croft is understandable, as he has to play ASAP to have any chance of touring this summer. Mafi: I wonder, with everything else going on, Gibson on form, Croft coming back, whether he is being given a final swansong off the bench at WR now that semi qualification is assured?

I hope I'm wrong, but following the compassionate issues, and with the other alleged signings and Gibson's breakthrough as a solid talent, I think it may be the case.
you could be right. but he has had family issues and injuries so maybe he might jus comeback next year refreshed
Tigerref

Post by Tigerref »

amazing tiger wrote:
Hot_Charlie wrote:I have to admit feeling a little more pessimistic on hearing Croft and Mafi are expected in the 23 this weekend. Croft is understandable, as he has to play ASAP to have any chance of touring this summer. Mafi: I wonder, with everything else going on, Gibson on form, Croft coming back, whether he is being given a final swansong off the bench at WR now that semi qualification is assured?

you could be right. but he has had family issues and injuries so maybe he might jus comeback next year refreshed
Steve Mafi played for the Tiger's 7s team on Sunday at the Bury St Edmonds 7s - I ran touch for this game and had to give a close foot in touch AGAINST tigers - it was so hard to do!

When he came on it was men against boys and this was serious level 7s

http://www.bserufc.co.uk/photos/2014-gk ... e=11837124
tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Post by tigerburnie »

Tigerref wrote:
Steve Mafi played for the Tiger's 7s team on Sunday at the Bury St Edmonds 7s - I ran touch for this game and had to give a close foot in touch AGAINST tigers - it was so hard to do!

How did the Tigers do, do you have the results?
"If you want entertainment, go to the theatre," says Edinburgh head coach Richard Cockerill. "Rugby players play the game to win.15/1/21.
Tigerref

Post by Tigerref »

tigerburnie wrote:
Tigerref wrote:

How did the Tigers do, do you have the results?
Lost in the 1/4s to Sale
cidermark
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by cidermark »

I think we all know what should happen now.....

Sack the coach!!!

:smt003 :smt003
Tigerref

Post by Tigerref »

cidermark wrote:I think we all know what should happen now.....

Sack the coach!!!

:smt003 :smt003
The Coach was a Mr G Murphy. what's he ever done for Tigers anyway?
Noddy555
Super User
Super User

Post by Noddy555 »

To Tigeref & Cidermark, if you need to be told what Geordan Murphy has done for the tigers then you must have been in a van winkle like sleep for the past 16 years. At one time he was not only the premierships leading fullback but quite possibly the best in the world. Whats the matter with you? Did you have a bad meal at his restaurant or something? He is at the end of his first season as a coach and deserves time to learn and mature. I'm convinced that before long he will be invited to join the Ireland coaching set up.
kornboy130
Super User
Super User

Post by kornboy130 »

Noddy555 wrote:To Tigeref & Cidermark, if you need to be told what Geordan Murphy has done for the tigers then you must have been in a van winkle like sleep for the past 16 years. At one time he was not only the premierships leading fullback but quite possibly the best in the world. Whats the matter with you? Did you have a bad meal at his restaurant or something? He is at the end of his first season as a coach and deserves time to learn and mature. I'm convinced that before long he will be invited to join the Ireland coaching set up.
Whoosh.
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

Noddy555 wrote:To Tigeref & Cidermark, if you need to be told what Geordan Murphy has done for the tigers then you must have been in a van winkle like sleep for the past 16 years. At one time he was not only the premierships leading fullback but quite possibly the best in the world. Whats the matter with you? Did you have a bad meal at his restaurant or something? He is at the end of his first season as a coach and deserves time to learn and mature. I'm convinced that before long he will be invited to join the Ireland coaching set up.
Err, poor joke bypass. Not your finest post. :smt009
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
Tigerref

Post by Tigerref »

Tell you what Murphy and the Romans peas in a pod! :smt002