Any spare tickets for Ulster game?

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

MrPartridge
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Any spare tickets for Ulster game?

Post by MrPartridge »

I guess an interesting way to look at this is to ask, why do Tigers need stub hub? How hard would it be for the Tigers ticket office to offer a service whereby if season ticket holders can't make a game then the ticket office (not stub hub) offer the ticket for re-sale at face value. They take a few quid transaction fee and everyone is a winner.

How do we get someone from the club to explain how the stub hub deal works and why the above isn't possible? How about a bit of transparency for us fans? Cue awkward silence methinks!
Cardiff Tig
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Cardiff Tig »

MrPartridge wrote:I guess an interesting way to look at this is to ask, why do Tigers need stub hub? How hard would it be for the Tigers ticket office to offer a service whereby if season ticket holders can't make a game then the ticket office (not stub hub) offer the ticket for re-sale at face value. They take a few quid transaction fee and everyone is a winner.

How do we get someone from the club to explain how the stub hub deal works and why the above isn't possible? How about a bit of transparency for us fans? Cue awkward silence methinks!
Probably because it doesn't cost Tigers anything, or if it does it costs less than doing it themselves.

Clearly the club will want to maximise their revenue. Personally I don't have a problem with Stubhub, if people are willing and can afford to pay lots to see Tigers play then so be it.
MrPartridge
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by MrPartridge »

Clearly the club will want to maximise their revenue. Personally I don't have a problem with Stubhub, if people are willing and can afford to pay lots to see Tigers play then so be it.
Fair point. So equally you won't mind me buying 10 terrace tickets early next season for our derby game with Saints and sticking them all on stub hub for £50.
h's dad
Super User
Super User

Post by h's dad »

MrPartridge wrote:
Fair point. So equally you won't mind me buying 10 terrace tickets early next season for our derby game with Saints and sticking them all on stub hub for £50.
Feel free. Don't they have to be season tickets?

But to help you out I'll take 10 Tigers v Saints terrace tickets for next season all for £50 as advertised.
I am neither clever enough to understand nor stupid enough to play this game
Isambard
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Isambard »

I think the club are being lazy using Stub Hub. They are franchising mad and have offloaded so many parts of club activity.

I suppose someone was taken out for some very good dinners and does not realise that Ebay is one of the greediest corporations around looking to exploit buyers and sellers in as many ways imaginable.
longlivethecrumbie
Super User
Super User

Post by longlivethecrumbie »

Isambard wrote:I think the club are being lazy using Stub Hub. They are franchising mad and have offloaded so many parts of club activity.

I suppose someone was taken out for some very good dinners and does not realise that Ebay is one of the greediest corporations around looking to exploit buyers and sellers in as many ways imaginable.
The reason they've outsourced things like the club shop is to reduce their cost base. As I understand it, there's about only the ticket office is actually run by people on Tigers payroll (in terms of your traditional customer facing areas) - the rest has been outsourced.

As for Stub Hub - are you able to set your own selling price? Surely they buy at face value and add their own markup on as a 'handling fee'?
h's dad
Super User
Super User

Post by h's dad »

longlivethecrumbie wrote:
Isambard wrote:I think the club are being lazy using Stub Hub. They are franchising mad and have offloaded so many parts of club activity.

The reason they've outsourced things like the club shop is to reduce their cost base. As I understand it, there's about only the ticket office is actually run by people on Tigers payroll (in terms of your traditional customer facing areas) - the rest has been outsourced.

As for Stub Hub - are you able to set your own selling price? Surely they buy at face value and add their own markup on as a 'handling fee'?
I would add that perhaps they are looking to keep in house what they are good at and outsourcing non-essential and jobs where efficiency may come with scale.

Suggest you look at the stubhub info on the tickets tabs to see that your "surely" is incorrect rather than relying on the forum.
Cardiff Tig
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Cardiff Tig »

MrPartridge wrote:
Touche! I agree, the wholesale buying of tickets for resale isn't a good thing, but that doesn't seem to be the case here.
MrPartridge
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by MrPartridge »

Stub hub is a re-sale site so if you have a ticket and you can't make a game (or you have spares) then you can 'offer' it via stub hub at whatever price you want… and stub hub take a percent. So there is a terrace ticket at the moment v Saracens for £36, but there was a GNC stand ticket this morning for >£70 that is now gone.
Rizzo

Post by Rizzo »

PANTHERA TIGRIS wrote:[This might be a good time to observe that any tickets offered for sale on this forum must only be at face value or below, or for charity donation in lieu. :smt001

Could I ask why? Let's say I cant make the Sarries game - I have no problem selling to the Sarries fan who is asking but must do so at F/V. Alternatively I can go on stub hub and make a few quid. This forum policy just puts money in the hands of the touts. Hypothetical as I am not selling anyway[/quote]

because that is what the moderators have been instructed to say and do. It does remove the chance of scammers and touts trying to sell at a profit via the forum but as to any more conspiracy-based reasoning you'd have to ask the club direct. We just do as we're instructed.
Don't waste your time away thinking about yesterday's blues
Demelza - another Mother
h's dad
Super User
Super User

Post by h's dad »

Resale of football tickets by an unauthorised person is illegal under section 166 Criminal Justice and Public Order Act 1994. The Act doesn’t seem to specify whether football includes Rugby Union et al or if it is restricted to Association. It does say however that the Secretary of State can apply the Act to sporting events as he thinks fit for which 6,000 tickets or more are sold so that’s a bit of a catch all.

I’m still after an answer for my question about stubhub if anybody knows the answer – stubhub says only current season ticket holders can sell tickets (or purchasers from stubhub who may put purchased tickets back on) – do the tickets have to be from the season ticket or can they be extras purchased and resold. MrPartridge and I need an answer to this one!
Stu_F
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Stu_F »

Section 166 says a "designated" football match, and such designation is within the power of the Secretary if State i.e.(in this instance the Home Secretary), she presumably has the power to prescribe rugby matches as a code of football, she just hasn't done so. She could also widen the alcohol regulations that apply in association football stadia so you can only drink outside of the view of the playing area but we wouldn't want that. Murrayfield had a problem until a few years ago because it was deemed to be the equivalent of an association football stadium by the Scottish Parliament, though they've relented now.
MrPartridge
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by MrPartridge »

I’m still after an answer for my question about stubhub if anybody knows the answer – stubhub says only current season ticket holders can sell tickets (or purchasers from stubhub who may put purchased tickets back on) – do the tickets have to be from the season ticket or can they be extras purchased and resold. MrPartridge and I need an answer to this one!
Thanks H's Dad - I would indeed like some answers.

Even if it is 'only' season ticket holders who can sell on stub hub (and I'm not assured of this) there is an easy way round this for me/others to make money. As a season ticket holder all I need to do is buy a standard terrace ticket early (e.g. for Saints) and then put my terrace season ticket on sale via SH at an inflated price. All it takes is a little bit of planning to profiteer. There are obvious games where you could make a good profit via SH, e.g. Saints, last game of the season and last home HEC pool game as these all sell out early.

FYI: GNC stand v Saracens today on SH at £75.
h's dad
Super User
Super User

Post by h's dad »

MrPartridge wrote:
Thanks H's Dad - I would indeed like some answers.

Even if it is 'only' season ticket holders who can sell on stub hub (and I'm not assured of this) there is an easy way round this for me/others to make money. As a season ticket holder all I need to do is buy a standard terrace ticket early (e.g. for Saints) and then put my terrace season ticket on sale via SH at an inflated price. All it takes is a little bit of planning to profiteer. There are obvious games where you could make a good profit via SH, e.g. Saints, last game of the season and last home HEC pool game as these all sell out early.

FYI: GNC stand v Saracens today on SH at £75.
I’m not sure either but it is specifically what it says on the stubhub info page and I have no reason to doubt it at this point.

We’re down to odd tickets now to make a few petty quid are we? What happened to thinking big?
parvacat

Post by parvacat »

Because of various commitments back in the early part of the season, I decided not to renew my membership for the year. I have bought 5 tickets off StubHub so far. Three of the five have been at LESS than face value. The tickets cannot be picked up until a couple of hours before KO, but that's no hardship. As long as true rugby supporters rather than the Sarries rentamob get the tickets, who cares?