21/22 Injury/Suspension Thread

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Re: 21/22 Injury/Suspension Thread

Post by Rugbygramps »

TigerFeetSteve wrote: Sun Mar 20, 2022 8:56 am So our England stars return. With current rules I believe they need 2 rest weeks following the international periods.

Fortunately one of our bye weeks is coming up so that solves one. Here's our fixture list (excluding the prem cup these won't play in)

27th March A vs Exeter
BYE
10th April A vs Clermont
16th April H vs Clermont
23rd April A vs Quins
30th April H vs Bristol

Personally I'd rest Ford vs Exeter immediately, carry on Burns form, give Ford time to train with the squad before gametime.

Genge & Steward I'd rest away vs Quins, not likely to be a must win game and SB has rotated more away from home (especially vs our rivals)

Chessum I think I'd rest him one of the Champions cup games and Youngs the other. For both of those we have top quality cover and alternatives.

Heyes is much more down to when Cole is back, I'd leave it as long as possible so we're more confident Cole can do most of a full 80 if required.

Dolly, can rotate out with Clare anytime, though not sure if he needs the rest weeks (same with Chessum and Heyes)
Not sure they have to rest after the 6 nations but you may well be right
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

So from memory they only have 1 rest weekend if they played more than 65% of the total minutes so Dolly, Chessum and Ford are fine.
Genge and Steward bench for me, Bye week coming covers it so should be fine.
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

RagingBull wrote: Sun Mar 20, 2022 9:10 am So from memory they only have 1 rest weekend if they played more than 65% of the total minutes so Dolly, Chessum and Ford are fine.
Genge and Steward bench for me, Bye week coming covers it so should be fine.
Youngs so good you forgot him RB 😂, right so they have to have a week off some time after the 6 nations not necessarily the next week, but the bye week handles that
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

My initial instinct was that Ford may have done ligaments, which could be a longish layoff unfortunately.
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

TigerFeetSteve wrote: Sun Mar 27, 2022 5:42 pm My initial instinct was that Ford may have done ligaments, which could be a longish layoff unfortunately.
Difficult to tell from a distance didn’t look too bad and we have Burns
fentiger
Super User
Super User

Post by fentiger »

Rugbygramps wrote: Sun Mar 27, 2022 6:05 pm
TigerFeetSteve wrote: Sun Mar 27, 2022 5:42 pm My initial instinct was that Ford may have done ligaments, which could be a longish layoff unfortunately.
Borthwick said he's not sure how bad but Fordy is quite positive about it🤞
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

fentiger wrote: Sun Mar 27, 2022 6:10 pm
Rugbygramps wrote: Sun Mar 27, 2022 6:05 pm
Borthwick said he's not sure how bad but Fordy is quite positive about it🤞
Blimey he must have been pleased with the result to say that much 😂😂
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

1 - Martin hasn't played or to my knowledge been in a 23 since he played 8 away at the stone x 5th March, can't recall him in training videos either so likely injured?

2 - Van Staden was injured boxing day I think, which means he's now had 3 months out, which is the minimum time out when you've had 3 concussions in 12 months (we know of at least 2) so if rumours of a career threatening injury are wrong then hopefully we start to see him soon 🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞
westwinds31
Super User
Super User

Post by westwinds31 »

TigerFeetSteve wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 7:42 am 1 - Martin hasn't played or to my knowledge been in a 23 since he played 8 away at the stone x 5th March, can't recall him in training videos either so likely injured?

2 - Van Staden was injured boxing day I think, which means he's now had 3 months out, which is the minimum time out when you've had 3 concussions in 12 months (we know of at least 2) so if rumours of a career threatening injury are wrong then hopefully we start to see him soon 🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞
I really hope that these 2 are fit and firing for the play-offs, to give us maximum options. Van Staden in particular would be like a new signing if he's able to feature in the run-in. I have my own views on communicating injuries, but Tigers have chosen not to give anything away and fair play to them, they're running a tight ship at the moment. Normally there are leaks so the players/staff have clearly been told - don't say anything...ever !
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

TigerFeetSteve wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 7:42 am 1 - Martin hasn't played or to my knowledge been in a 23 since he played 8 away at the stone x 5th March, can't recall him in training videos either so likely injured?

Big fan of both. Martin in my opinion needs to be moved back into the row asap. Would love to see a pairing of him and Chessum before the end of the season.
MVS as good a player as Reffell is MVS for me is on a higher level. I really hope we see him playing rugby again, but imo that is unlikely
Wayne Richardson Fan Club
Super User
Super User

Post by Wayne Richardson Fan Club »

Think Martin was in a Gym video the other week.
MVS was doing the Corporate bit at the Golf with Henderson, so you would guess if they are training its recovery type, it would be good to have him back for the end of season but if its next season & he can play that might be a better outcome.
To win is not as important as playing with style!
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

Wayne Richardson Fan Club wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 9:02 am Think Martin was in a Gym video the other week.
MVS was doing the Corporate bit at the Golf with Henderson, so you would guess if they are training its recovery type, it would be good to have him back for the end of season but if its next season & he can play that might be a better outcome.
Good news on both
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

I mean the Sarries game was only 2 Prem games ago.
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

RagingBull wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 9:26 am I mean the Sarries game was only 2 Prem games ago.
True but it is nearly a month ago and with the bye week coming up I'd have expected him to get some gametime in one or other fixture to prevent over a month without rugby. I think Strawclearer may have hinted at knowing something about him too on another thread.
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

Mentioned it before and wasn’t popular but it wouldn’t surprise me if someone came in and made an offer for Martin. I really hope not but as things currently stand he’s 4 or 5th choice lock and 3rd choice 6, if everyone is available