Naughty Ospreys being investigated

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

RobGale

Re: Naughty Ospreys being investigated

Post by RobGale »

gjneath wrote:Sorry, forgot to mention something important ............

http://www.ospreysrugby.com/news/3610.php

"Ospreys Rugby has today (Monday 1st March 2010) been notified by ERC that following a thorough investigation into issues surrounding the registration of Ricky Januarie, they have decided that there is no case to answer.
ERC held a specially convened board meeting in Dublin today to discuss the findings of their investigation.

Ospreys Managing Director, Roger Blyth, said:

"Having co-operated fully with ERC at all times during their investigation into this matter, and providing them with all the relevant paperwork relating to Ricky's contract and registration, we are delighted to have been informed that they have found that Ospreys Rugby has no case to answer.

"Now that we can finally put this matter behind us, we are, along with our many supporters, looking forward to our quarter-final against Biarritz in San Sebastian on Saturday 10th April."

Over and out!!!!!!!!! :smt038 :smt039 :smt038 :smt039 :smt023 :smt001 :smt023 :smt001 :smt028 :smt028 :smt028
Quite happy about this

Whilst the evidence available to the public doesn't make things look good (Put it this way I expect the rule to be reworded that a player must be registered with a specific RFU for a 3 month period as well as having a 3 month contract with that team) I don't want Tigers prospering off the field.

At the end of the day over 6 games Tigers got less points than Ospreys so Ospreys are off to Biarritz. Good luck to them and to all the fans making the trip. Enjoy the trip and the (probable) gorgeous weather!

Would also like to add that I've enjoyed my 2 trips to Swansea (despite both being defeats (even if the defeats did have different meanings for Tigers overall) and look forward to the next game down there....Just hope this supposed bad blood between the teams is purely an Internet thing and that there is no bad reaction at the next set of games :smt023
Swan02
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by Swan02 »

I have not commented on this subject out of respect for both sides and I hope that we can brush this under the carpet and get back to providing much needed entertainment for both sets of supporters.
As an Osprey supporter the words ' NO CASE TO ANSWER' are music to our ears.
G.K
Super User
Super User

Post by G.K »

gjneath wrote:Just a polite request from Ospreylia not to take yourself too seriously. The HC will still be around next year so make sure you qualify because we'll keep a warm welcome for you at The Liberty Stadium. At great expense, we've added an abacus to the touchline equipment so that all the numbers add up! ps - all the Ospreys fans are planning to give you a wave from San Sebastian, so look out for us on SKY - we promise to smile :smt028 :smt039 :smt041 :smt030
If you've still got some money left after paying for the Abacus could you also get a Calendar to avoid future confusion?
Nowadays referees decide matches, players by how much.
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

RobGale wrote:Put it this way I expect the rule to be reworded that a player must be registered with a specific RFU for a 3 month period as well as having a 3 month contract with that team
You could be right. But then again PRL might simply change their regs so that short term (3 month) contracts to do count against the Salary Cap.
Still keeping the faith!
GT1
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by GT1 »

Been to San Sebastian for semi v Bath, very partisan/noisey crowd - the band on the truck gets their fans going - lovely seaside town with lots of narrow streets & plenty of cafés - bars.
Biarritz must be gutted Tigers didn't get there crowd wise
Hope the half dozen sprey fans enjoy themselves!!!
Last edited by GT1 on Tue Mar 02, 2010 12:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
kingol22
Super User
Super User

Post by kingol22 »

ok so thats ospreys in the clear but what about the other clubs and what are erc going to do so this mix up doesnt happen again?
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

kingol22 wrote:what are erc going to do so this mix up doesnt happen again?
My guess would be "nothing".
Still keeping the faith!
daktari
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by daktari »

Bill W (2) wrote:
kingol22 wrote:what are erc going to do so this mix up doesnt happen again?
My guess would be "nothing".
My guess would be they won't have to as I can see the French and possibly English Clubs pulling out altogether. The HC reputation is in the gutter, the Os bent the rules, fair play to them (so to speak) but its one thing after another and I think the French will finally snap.
find a better way of life, http://www.marillion.com

marillion 19, coming ....er not sure..
Richard
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Richard »

I would like to have a read of the full report first....to see where the fault lies in the contract misunderstanding.
the future is bright
the future is
Scarlet Green and White
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

Richard wrote:I would like to have a read of the full report first....to see where the fault lies in the contract misunderstanding.
So would I. But we won't get to. It will never be published.
Still keeping the faith!
Noggs
Super User
Super User

Post by Noggs »

Bill W (2) wrote:
Richard wrote:I would like to have a read of the full report first....to see where the fault lies in the contract misunderstanding.
So would I. But we won't get to. It will never be published.
I would expect EPR will get a written ruling with full details. Any chance the brother of the the mother of the taxi drivers third cousin once remove will get a sniff? :smt003
Life can be unpredictable, so eat your pudding first!
bluntiger
Super User
Super User

Post by bluntiger »

gjneath wrote:...........so make sure you qualify because we'll keep a warm welcome for you at The Liberty Stadium.
Ah yes, we will qualify for next year ... and so will you from the micky mouse ML where everyone qualifies for the HC.
Always a Tiger
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

Noggs wrote:I would expect EPR will get a written ruling with full details. Any chance the brother of the the mother of the taxi drivers third cousin once remove will get a sniff? :smt003
EPR? PRL?

ERC's track record on this is not too good. The "report" on the 16th man contained no mention of the refs actions/inaction. The ERC website has not mentioned the contract issue.

Likely all it we will get is what we have - there was no case to answer. The Clubs concerned had followed the letter of the regulations. Players had three months contracts.

Individual members of the ERC Board meeting may "leak". If I hear anything I will let you know.
Still keeping the faith!
bluntiger
Super User
Super User

Post by bluntiger »

Justice is only justice if it is seen to be done.

The deafening silence from the ERC speaks volumes as does the fact that these 'decisions' always seem to be 'released' at some late hour when no one is around to question them.

I too would not be surprised if the French teams walked away from the HC as they see it as being administered by a biased celtic crew.
Always a Tiger